Whose rights take priority?

Page 2 of 8<12345>Last »
July 17th, 2020 at 12:37:50 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Can someone answer this question?

Can you make a Sikh remove his turban before entering your business? Let's assume it's not for safety reasons. Can you keep him out if he won't remove it without incurring discrimination laws?

"according to sikhism rules it is mandatory for a SIKH to cover their head"
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 17th, 2020 at 7:05:31 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
The hat rule this business has seems fair. Sure, we could toss all kinds of other toppers in to see if they qualify, but why not just follow the rule of the business or don't go there? It isn't like they were attacking her religion, sexuality, gender, race, etc.--they just wanted her to follow a posted rule.

If they are lucky, this will go away. if not, I am sure a bunch of unemployed people with nothing else to do will try to "prove" their rights are violated by the rule at this establishment. Yes, I know we need to stop discrimination...but everything is not discrimination.
July 17th, 2020 at 8:41:14 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: rxwine

Paging FrGamble
July 17th, 2020 at 10:01:38 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I think if it is truly a safety issue or even if it is deemed one by the gun range then they have a right to forbid her to shoot. I also think a hat rule in a business does not apply to someone who has to cover their head for religious reasons. I think in that case the spirit of the law forbidding a hat is because you want to keep something formal and a religious head garb is a formal thing and doesn't go against that policy.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 17th, 2020 at 10:28:14 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: FrGamble
I also think a hat rule in a business does not apply to someone who has to cover their head for religious reasons. I think in that case the spirit of the law forbidding a hat is because you want to keep something formal and a religious head garb is a formal thing and doesn't go against that policy.

The business did not have a ban on hats.
If I wore my typical hat to that range, they would let me shoot.
Therefore no hat ban.
Its a baseball cap only range which I think is absurd.
Its either no hat or wear a baseball cap. What an absurd rule.
Bottom line, gun range is enforcing fashion rules. How dumb is that
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 17th, 2020 at 3:34:32 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
The business did not have a ban on hats.
If I wore my typical hat to that range, they would let me shoot.
Therefore no hat ban.
Its a baseball cap only range which I think is absurd.
Its either no hat or wear a baseball cap. What an absurd rule.
Bottom line, gun range is enforcing fashion rules. How dumb is that

How is that an absurd rule?
July 17th, 2020 at 3:57:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

Because he does not like it.
The President is a fink.
July 17th, 2020 at 4:00:42 PM permalink
terapined

Why only baseball caps allowed.
Pretty weird
Why not allow a yarmulke
Why not a knit cap
How about a newsboy cap
Why would they ban a beret at a shooting range. If you ask me, if a green beret wants to shoot in uniform with the beret on, let him shoot. He earned that beret.
Why are there rules regarding fashion at a shooting range. Its absurd
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 17th, 2020 at 4:29:41 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
Why only baseball caps allowed.
Pretty weird
Why not allow a yarmulke
Why not a knit cap
How about a newsboy cap
Why would they ban a beret at a shooting range. If you ask me, if a green beret wants to shoot in uniform with the beret on, let him shoot. He earned that beret.
Why are there rules regarding fashion at a shooting range. Its absurd

It's not about fashion, its about saftey and logicists.... Most people do not wear a beret or a knit cap at an indoor range.... No Green Beret would go to a range in uniform.....

A baseball cap worn foward is relatively safe (I dont encourage it), most other headgear is not.... Wear eye pro and ear pro when shooting indoors, you will be fine, you don't need a bunch of headgear....
July 17th, 2020 at 4:40:51 PM permalink
terapined
It's not about fashion, its about saftey and logicists.... Most people do not wear a beret or a knit cap at an indoor range.... No Green Beret would go to a range in uniform.....

A baseball cap worn foward is relatively safe (I dont encourage it), most other headgear is not.... Wear eye pro and ear pro when shooting indoors, you will be fine, you don't need a bunch of headgear....

What's wrong with a beret at a shooting range that allows baseball caps?
Page 2 of 8<12345>Last »