Black Jogging Enthusiast Killed by Racist Vigilantes For Making Sure Construction Site was Safe

Page 8 of 10« First<5678910>
May 28th, 2020 at 10:42:27 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mission146
Oh, please. That's like me saying that every single police officer in the country would have crushed another person under his knee for ten minutes.

No
but
every single police officer in the country will watch another office crush a suspect under a knee for 10 min
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 28th, 2020 at 10:44:30 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Do you know how to post images and may I PM you if so?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 28th, 2020 at 1:28:15 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
No
but
every single police officer in the country will watch another office crush a suspect under a knee for 10 min

You say that like it is a fact. I doubt that it is true.
May 28th, 2020 at 1:34:54 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: SOOPOO
The animals have taken over, as could have been predicted. Nothing like burning down an Auto Zone, looting a small grocery store, etc... to show your love for justice.

They aren't just hurting a "big business" (as someone here mentioned it being alright in the case of Target), they are hurting small businesses and the folks that work in any of the places they loot. The owners of any privately owned cars that are burned will end up screwed because, well, you always get screwed when making an insurance claim. The neighborhood will be impacted with blight of the destroyed buildings, some of which will not be reopened.

They aren't helping their cause. The ones doing the looting are mainly there to destroy and steal things.

There is plenty of room to protest. There is plenty of reason to protest. I am enraged by what happened. I wonder why charges have not been brought yet.

Maybe I should go grab the new TV I want because I am peeved.
May 28th, 2020 at 2:02:37 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Oh, please. That's like me saying that every single police officer in the country would have crushed another person under his knee for ten minutes.

Also, nothing like having a cop kill someone and not arresting him to show a love of justice. Especially when the people who would be doing the arresting are cops, you know, those people sworn to justice.

I imagine some of them must be getting a little hot under the collar, in fact, I'm a few states away and I can kinda smell the bacon grease from here.

Seriously, why wasn't he arrested?

Imagine that I'm crushing some guy under my knee, on video, for damn near a full ten minutes. Hell, let's even say that he attacked me first, but for some reason, I'm able to restrain his hands and I'm able to sit there and crush him while surrounded with a bunch of friends who will either directly help me, stop others from intervening or ignore what I'm doing.

Throughout all of this, the guy is begging for me to spare his life.

Now, answer me this: Would I not be in a jail cell while the whole thing is at least investigated?

Your post makes total sense except for your first sentence. Let me ask you, you have a family member killed by a police officer wrongly. You go and commit arson on random businesses? You steal from other stores you find vulnerable?

Yes, the officers should be arrested, pronto.

TWO SEPARATE ISSUES
May 28th, 2020 at 2:28:35 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Your post makes total sense except for your first sentence. Let me ask you, you have a family member killed by a police officer wrongly. You go and commit arson on random businesses? You steal from other stores you find vulnerable?

TWO SEPARATE ISSUES

This is the first BLM protest (riot?) I have seen that is justified. And, I am not sure that it is even race related. I just know that the Officer was wrong.

However, the Officers have already been fired and will be charged. So its like people are just rioting for the sake of rioting?

Why pass up the opportunity to loot some free stuff I guess?

Police kill somebody unjustifiably..... Lets loot and pillage random small local businesses, that will show them?
There is no logic in the protests.... They are protesting for something that already occurred.... Again, its just an excuse for the violent and crime minded to riot in my view. When you start looting and committing arson you do not get to call yourself a peaceful movement.... I will say as much as I bash the extreme right wing protesters, the extreme left wing is far more violent when they protest....

Could you imagine if Trump supporters were looting and burning buildings after an illegal immigrant killed somebody? The news media would have a field day.... (Of course it never happens)….. I don't like when people stoke racial tensions over an issue that should not involve race....
May 28th, 2020 at 3:09:11 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

TWO SEPARATE ISSUES

I agree totally.

The first thing is, I'm against any form of violence unless it is in self-defense.

The second thing is, misplaced violence is misplaced. I REPEAT I am against all violence unless it is in self-defense, but if you are going to do violent things and set stuff on fire...get some cops' names, the addresses of any properties they own should be a matter of public record, n'est ce pas?

Again, I am not encouraging violence in any form at all. Attacking/destroying when you have not been attacked is always wrong.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 28th, 2020 at 3:19:03 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I agree totally.

The first thing is, I'm against any form of violence unless it is in self-defense.

The second thing is, misplaced violence is misplaced. I REPEAT I am against all violence unless it is in self-defense, but if you are going to do violent things and set stuff on fire...get some cops' names, the addresses of any properties they own should be a matter of public record, n'est ce pas?

Again, I am not encouraging violence in any form at all. Attacking/destroying when you have not been attacked is always wrong.
That cop resting that comfortably with his knee imbedded in the mans C spine like that shows he is a psychopath.

That as beyond ignorant of how much damage you can do to someones old neck like that.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 29th, 2020 at 4:36:35 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
People are angry
Lets not forget Breonna Taylor
That story is shocking
She's an EMT. A 1st responder. A hero
Gunned down in her own home by the police

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/breonna-taylor-killed-by-police-kenneth-walker-911-call-released/
911 call from Breonna Taylor's shooting death released: "Somebody kicked in the door and shot my girlfriend"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 29th, 2020 at 4:49:19 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: terapined
People are angry
Lets not forget Breonna Taylor
That story is shocking
She's an EMT. A 1st responder. A hero
Gunned down in her own home by the police

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/breonna-taylor-killed-by-police-kenneth-walker-911-call-released/
911 call from Breonna Taylor's shooting death released: "Somebody kicked in the door and shot my girlfriend"

Yeah, but it gets even better.

They were executing a no-knock warrant on the wrong house. More than that, they actually already had the subject of the warrant in custody.

Good police work?
Page 8 of 10« First<5678910>