No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

10 members have voted

March 16th, 2020 at 3:56:20 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Woman are just as smart and capable as Men
yet in over 200 years of history in this country we have never had a female President or VP
That's REALLY PATHETIC

I am NOT against a female Vice President. I AM against disqualifying a potential VP because he is male.
March 16th, 2020 at 3:57:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
You seriously think women are less smart than men?

Perhaps you would like to explain why women avoided politics and leadership in large numbers until the most recent generation? Please explain without using words like "sexism."
The President is a fink.
March 16th, 2020 at 4:05:04 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Perhaps you would like to explain why women avoided politics and leadership in large numbers until the most recent generation? Please explain without using words like "sexism."

Intelligence and leadership ability are not the same

But, yes, there have been laws for much of history making women have no political power.

A lot of people don't realize this, but even in America, women could not even vote until the 1920s (not even 100 years ago). And, many countries were (are) even slower to progress....
So yes there have been legal barriers to women holding political and military positions for most of history...

Women are just as intelligent and academically sound as men.

It will never be 50/50, but as women can hold offices now, we are seeking increases dramatically... Women have different desires, and tend to have different goals than men, so there will always be more men on average in those kinds of arenas, but there are far more women.

Honestly, I am neutral, women can be just as great or just as crappy as men, so more women is not inherently good or bad, other than it increases the talent pool for leadership roles, which is probably overall a good thing.
March 16th, 2020 at 4:20:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Intelligence and leadership ability are not the same

But, yes, there have been laws for much of history making women have no political power.

A lot of people don't realize this, but even in America, women could not even vote until the 1920s (not even 100 years ago). And, many countries were (are) even slower to progress....
So yes there have been legal barriers to women holding political and military positions for most of history...

And why exactly did this happen if women are "just as capable as men?"

It is not about "intelligence." Women historically are not as willing to do what it takes as men. One example is men are far more willing to relocate for work than women. Men are also more likely to try to figure a problem out. To troubleshoot it. To find out how a complex thing works. One reason the men keep doing better on the SAT is men will take a chance and guess more than women. In the 80s when computers first started getting to be a thing in class the guys would always just try this or that. The women were more likely to not, thinking they would "hurt the computer" and break something.

And that is where the difference is. Women might be as "intelligent" but that has not translated into results. Women took over Pharmacy classes in the 1980s with near no "push." This has often been attributed to women memorize well and study harder. Men are not into that kind of thing. Men want to solve the problem, which drives women nuts when they just want the guy to listen like their girlfriends do.
The President is a fink.
March 16th, 2020 at 4:35:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
It is not about "intelligence." Women historically are not as willing to do what it takes as men.

Back when I had the cab co
I dealt with cops at times.
I would ask them how much
they liked working side by
side with female cops. They
all hated it. The women were
incapable of making any real
decisions on their own. They
would call for back-up over
the most trivial incidents and
rely on the male cops to do
all the real work. The male cops
said it made their work far harder.

Women aren't good leaders unless
they have constant reassurance
they're doing the right thing. Men
are not like that.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 16th, 2020 at 4:39:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
Men want to solve the problem, which drives women nuts when they just want the guy to listen like their girlfriends do.

Yup. It's why women don't tell their
problems to men. When my
wife does that I think she wants
to have a solution. No no, she
just wants to vent. She has zero
interest in my opinion, in fact
she resents it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 16th, 2020 at 7:29:13 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
You seriously think women are less smart than men?

I think we need to keep women believing they are less smart or else we will have to listen to them blabbing more.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 16th, 2020 at 8:46:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: DRich
or else we will have to listen to them blabbing more.

Not possible they could babble more.
March 16th, 2020 at 8:48:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188

I agree with the data on the SAT. The rest is just personal bias. Might as well argue Asians have innate advantages in intelligence as if the structure of their culture had nothing to do with it.

We're literally not even one full lifetime away from our 50s culture. Look at how many old codgers are still running the world.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 17th, 2020 at 3:34:37 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
I think we need to keep women believing they are less smart or else we will have to listen to them blabbing more.

You listen?
The President is a fink.