6 mg butt kicking

Page 3 of 8<123456>Last »
February 20th, 2020 at 7:48:05 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I just got a can of Velo Mint 4MG today at work.

The pros:
Cheaper than other tobacco free pouches: 99cent a can.(for the same number of pouches, 15, which seems to be the standard).
The flavor is good, subtle mint flavor, not overpowering.

The Cons:
4MG is the strongest currently available, and there are only two flavors (mint and citrus).

I usually have been using two 4MG pouches to get a decent kick.
But, for 99cents a can, it's still cheaper than Zyn (3.50-4.50 a can) even if I always use double the amount (it's over 3X cheaper).

It's also cheaper than the cheapest dip I can find in this state (1.50-1.99 a can for lower end dips, probably 3-4 for more popular brands).

So for 99cents a can even if you have to use two pouches, this is by far the best nicotine bang for your buck I have yet to see. And, that is not even comparing it to cigarettes, which makes it an even better deal compared to smoking.

The experience is equivalent to Zyn in my view, and it's a fraction of the price for the same number of pouches.

The one downside is so far only two flavors are on the market. But, I have a feeling as the brand grows flavors and nicotine strengths will expand to have more options.
February 20th, 2020 at 12:16:34 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Gandler
I just got a can of Velo Mint 4MG today at work.

The pros:
Cheaper than other tobacco free pouches: 99cent a can.(for the same number of pouches, 15, which seems to be the standard).
The flavor is good, subtle mint flavor, not overpowering.

The Cons:
4MG is the strongest currently available, and there are only two flavors (mint and citrus).

I usually have been using two 4MG pouches to get a decent kick.
But, for 99cents a can, it's still cheaper than Zyn (3.50-4.50 a can) even if I always use double the amount (it's over 3X cheaper).

It's also cheaper than the cheapest dip I can find in this state (1.50-1.99 a can for lower end dips, probably 3-4 for more popular brands).

So for 99cents a can even if you have to use two pouches, this is by far the best nicotine bang for your buck I have yet to see. And, that is not even comparing it to cigarettes, which makes it an even better deal compared to smoking.

The experience is equivalent to Zyn in my view, and it's a fraction of the price for the same number of pouches.

The one downside is so far only two flavors are on the market. But, I have a feeling as the brand grows flavors and nicotine strengths will expand to have more options.
Interesting. No reason not to try it too.

Regarding your need for 8mg at once, wow, just shows what a wimp I am when it comes to nicotine sure enough. Not a bad thing at all, I was kind of wondering if I had been smoking too many cigars.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 20th, 2020 at 12:39:29 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: odiousgambit
Interesting. No reason not to try it too.

Regarding your need for 8mg at once, wow, just shows what a wimp I am when it comes to nicotine sure enough. Not a bad thing at all, I was kind of wondering if I had been smoking too many cigars.

Bear in mind cigarettes range from 10-20 mg of nicotine in a form that is much quicker absorbed into your body (through your lungs in a matter of minutes). (That's why smoking gives you that almost instant kick, and why it is so popular).

So 8 MG being slowly dissolved over the course of an hour or more is really not that much at all.

Also, bear in mind a good sized pinch of dip can easily far exceed 20mg. A good sized pinch of snus (non portioned snus) is even more.... Granted dip and snus absurd more slowly than smoking does (the smoke in the lungs allow for an instant kick).

So compared to actual tobacco products, 8mg is a small amount...

That is why I fear tobacco users will have trouble switching until they release high levels (like 10mg+)
February 20th, 2020 at 3:00:34 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Gandler
Bear in mind cigarettes range from 10-20 mg of nicotine in a form that is much quicker absorbed into your body (through your lungs in a matter of minutes). (That's why smoking gives you that almost instant kick, and why it is so popular).

So 8 MG being slowly dissolved over the course of an hour or more is really not that much at all.

Also, bear in mind a good sized pinch of dip can easily far exceed 20mg. A good sized pinch of snus (non portioned snus) is even more.... Granted dip and snus absurd more slowly than smoking does (the smoke in the lungs allow for an instant kick).

So compared to actual tobacco products, 8mg is a small amount...

That is why I fear tobacco users will have trouble switching until they release high levels (like 10mg+)

The trouble I've observed with chewing tobacco product is similar to the problem with real hot pepper. Spitting it out does not end anything for quite awhile. By the time you've decided you've done too much, it's already too late.

Unless you're used to it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 20th, 2020 at 5:29:16 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: rxwine
The trouble I've observed with chewing tobacco product is similar to the problem with real hot pepper. Spitting it out does not end anything for quite awhile. By the time you've decided you've done too much, it's already too late.

Unless you're used to it.

If you rinse your mouth and brush your teeth it does a pretty good job getting any remaining juices to prevent more nicotine absorption.

But, most tobacco users would not consider lingering nicotine absorption to be a bad thing.
February 20th, 2020 at 6:00:04 PM permalink
odiousgambit
I don't know, snuff does not do to me what this stuff does

Am I getting a weird reaction to the spearmint flavoring they use? I've grown and used spearmint mint and used them in cocktails with no problem, but this tingling, burning thing was something quite different
February 20th, 2020 at 6:17:45 PM permalink
Gandler
I don't know, snuff does not do to me what this stuff does

Am I getting a weird reaction to the spearmint flavoring they use? I've grown and used spearmint mint and used them in cocktails with no problem, but this tingling, burning thing was something quite different

Is that the only flavor that it happens with?

If so, that would be my guess.

I know some Wintergreens give me a weird tingling burning, so I think I know the feeling you mean.
February 20th, 2020 at 6:44:58 PM permalink
odiousgambit
only thing I've tried is the spearmint for this new product
February 21st, 2020 at 3:47:40 AM permalink
Gandler
only thing I've tried is the spearmint for this new product

Skoal Spearmint used to be a great dip before they ended that flavor (I think it may be back now).
February 22nd, 2020 at 8:40:50 AM permalink
Gandler
So I just for off of a flight (Delta) and am waiting for another flight by the same airline. They said their airline was tobacco free (including smokeless) and that all tobacco products were prohibited from being uses.

Do you guys who use nicotine pouches consider them smokeless tobacco products?

Also, this seems odd for me, I fly a lot (never Delta before), and I have never heard of an airline banning smokeless tobacco products?
Page 3 of 8<123456>Last »