15 members have voted

February 2nd, 2023 at 2:56:39 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
Exactly
Tankos Dentist or PHD's can edit or add to Wikipedia with FACTS
Have they?
Probably not because BS is caught quickly and deleted.

So, why don't you edit it and include the facts?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 2nd, 2023 at 3:08:49 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
So, why don't you edit it and include the facts?

Lol
I don't know jack
I depend on Wikipedia :-)
The fact at Wikipedia is there is no proof there is connection between vaccines and autism
If the dentist can change Wiki to show that there is proof that there is a connection, I may change my mind
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 2nd, 2023 at 3:22:02 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Tanko
First-Ever Peer-Reviewed Study of Vaccinated vs Unvaccinated Children

'Shows Vaccinated Kids Have a Higher Rate of Sickness, 470% Increase in Autism'

This is the Study:

'Pilot comparative study on the health of vaccinated and unvaccinated 6- to 12-year-old U.S. children -2017

This most recent study, published in 2021, has nearly the exact findings.

' Children up-to-date with their vaccines were significantly more likely than unvaccinated children to be diagnosed with severe allergies (OR = 4.31, 95% CI 1.67 - 11.1), autism (OR = 5.03, 95% CI 1.64 - 15.5), gastrointestinal disorders (OR = 13.8, 95% CI 5.85 - 32.5), asthma (OR = 17.6, 95% CI 6.94 - 44.4), ADD/ADHD (OR = 20.8, 95% CI 4.74 - 91.2), and chronic ear infections (OR = 27.8, 95% CI 9.56 - 80.8).'

OR is odds ratio. 5X increase in Autism for fully vaccinated vs. unvaccinated. 95% Confidence Interval.

Far-far worse for other disorders. 21X for ADD/ADHD. 17.6X for asthma.

This correlation has been debunked many times. There are many reasons, but the simple one is children who are unvaccinated tend to not be taken to medical professionals (and even less likely to be taken to mental health professionals). I know a lot of anti-vaxxers, they would die (literally) before going to a doctor, and even in an alternative universe would not go to a mental health professional. And, they impose this on their children. So, such children will never be diagnosed because there is no opportunity to.
February 2nd, 2023 at 4:17:05 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Gandler
This correlation has been debunked many times. There are many reasons, but the simple one is children who are unvaccinated tend to not be taken to medical professionals

That thought was addressed in the study.

"Could the unvaccinated have artificially reduced rates of illness because they are seen less often by physicians and would therefore have been less likely to be diagnosed with a disease?"

"The vaccinated were indeed more likely to have seen a doctor for a routine checkup in the past 12 months (57.5% vs. 37.1%, p < 0.001; OR 2.3, 95% CI: 1.7, 3.1). Such visits usually involve vaccinations, which non- vaccinating families would be expected to refuse. However, fewer visits to physicians would not necessarily mean that unvaccinated children are less likely to be seen by a physician if their condition warranted it. In fact, since unvaccinated children were more likely to be diagnosed with chickenpox and whooping cough, which would have involved a visit to the pediatrician, differences in health outcomes are unlikely to be due to under-ascertainment."
February 2nd, 2023 at 5:00:55 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
That thought was addressed in the study.

"Could the unvaccinated have artificially reduced rates of illness because they are seen less often by physicians and would therefore have been less likely to be diagnosed with a disease?"

"The vaccinated were indeed more likely to have seen a doctor for a routine checkup in the past 12 months (57.5% vs. 37.1%, p < 0.001; OR 2.3, 95% CI: 1.7, 3.1). Such visits usually involve vaccinations, which non- vaccinating families would be expected to refuse. However, fewer visits to physicians would not necessarily mean that unvaccinated children are less likely to be seen by a physician if their condition warranted it. In fact, since unvaccinated children were more likely to be diagnosed with chickenpox and whooping cough, which would have involved a visit to the pediatrician, differences in health outcomes are unlikely to be due to under-ascertainment."

The answer is yes. It is the same reason unvaccinated kids have lower rates of childhood cancer. The cancer is not caused by vaccines, unvaccinated kids with cancer just quietly die and are buried in small gatherings (and autopsies are prohibited) ....

The idea that unvaccinated kids get brought to the doctor because they get more diseases is simply not reality. This is evidenced by data and anecdote.

For example, in my family four years ago three people got whooping cough, two were unvaccinated children, one was a vaccinated adult (however, he was in his 60s and told the vaccine lost its power since he was a child), the children were never brought to the Doctor and the adult did go to the Doctor.... Unvaccinated people avoid medical professionals like the plague (ironically) even if they are contaminated with it. Unvaccinated people also tend to refuse to self-isolate (quarentine) so they tend to spread the disease to others.

It is really a simple thing, people who tend to not trust medicine or basic science tend to be unvaccinated. And, as such they refuse to get diagnosed or treated. I also know anecdotal example of people my same age, who probably should have been medicated as a kid, and since their parents never took them to a dr. are completely dysfunctional adults.

There is a strong correlation between people who do not accept vaccines and view psychiatry as a fake field. So of course, such kids are not going to be diagnosed with autism. I would be willing to bet there is also a correlation between kids with (insert X mental health issue) and vaccinated kids (simply because no unvaccinated kid is going to be diagnosed).
February 2nd, 2023 at 5:36:05 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
I'd be looking for reproductive issues post vaccine.

That should show up in another 5-10 years if there is an issue.

Another area I'd look is overall death rate for the last five years, to balance the books so to speak.

There shouldn't be imbalances in any other category of death.

It'll be more obvious after subtracting the millions of new immigrants though.
February 3rd, 2023 at 3:40:10 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Demographics drive economies.

Most economies depend upon a positive birth rate plus some (births minus deaths).

That could explain why we're leaving the borders open to compensate for reproductive issues.

It's strange though, because many of those entering from the southern border are Christian that don't believe in birth control.

So that could change the voting balance, the Caucasian majority, the retiring age of Social Security, no-insurance, etc.

It could be we're after cheaper farm labor too, for those not automated yet.
February 3rd, 2023 at 6:13:46 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: DoubleGold
So that could change the voting balance, the Caucasian majority...

I don't believe there is a caucasian majority in the US.

Certainly not in NYC, where caucasians are second or possibly third, behind latinos and a fast growing Asian population.

This is Biden in 2015, claiming that in 2017, whites would be an absolute minority in America. "And that's a good thing"
February 3rd, 2023 at 6:39:44 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Certainly not in NYC, where caucasians are second or possibly third, behind latinos and a fast growing Asian population.

This is Biden in 2015, claiming that in 2017, whites would be an absolute minority in America. "And that's a good thing"

Immigration has always made America great
It's a good thing :-)
The community I'm living in right now dominated by French Canadians
Great atmosphere
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 3rd, 2023 at 7:03:19 AM permalink
DoubleGold

I think it's a tad under 60% according to the label of "White".

But I always use the term Caucasian.

So I am not sure if that's your argument.