No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

January 16th, 2023 at 7:36:56 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
It probably goes back farther than 2007, but that seems to be the year it got some celebrity endorsement in the U.S. over autism.

First-Ever Peer-Reviewed Study of Vaccinated vs Unvaccinated Children

'Shows Vaccinated Kids Have a Higher Rate of Sickness, 470% Increase in Autism'

This is the Study:

'Pilot comparative study on the health of vaccinated and unvaccinated 6- to 12-year-old U.S. children -2017

This most recent study, published in 2021, has nearly the exact findings.

' Children up-to-date with their vaccines were significantly more likely than unvaccinated children to be diagnosed with severe allergies (OR = 4.31, 95% CI 1.67 - 11.1), autism (OR = 5.03, 95% CI 1.64 - 15.5), gastrointestinal disorders (OR = 13.8, 95% CI 5.85 - 32.5), asthma (OR = 17.6, 95% CI 6.94 - 44.4), ADD/ADHD (OR = 20.8, 95% CI 4.74 - 91.2), and chronic ear infections (OR = 27.8, 95% CI 9.56 - 80.8).'

OR is odds ratio. 5X increase in Autism for fully vaccinated vs. unvaccinated. 95% Confidence Interval.

Far-far worse for other disorders. 21X for ADD/ADHD. 17.6X for asthma.
January 16th, 2023 at 9:16:45 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
…NDD. Further research involving larger, independent samples and stronger research designs is needed to verify and understand these unexpected findings in order to optimize the impact of vaccines.

I’ll say.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 16th, 2023 at 5:44:33 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Is Tanko actually Jenny McCarthy?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 16th, 2023 at 6:10:45 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko

'Shows Vaccinated Kids Have a Higher Rate of Sickness, 470% Increase in Autism'.

The BS is raining.
You will listen to anybody and I mean anybody
You are using a dentist. WTF
A dentist that is anti vax thinks it causes autism
DR Soopoo
Any thoughts on a dentist weighing in on vaccines causing autism
Here are the facts
Your dentist is a clown. I might let him work on my teeth but I'm not taking his vaccine advice.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccines_and_autism
Extensive investigation into vaccines and autism[1] has shown that there is no relationship between the two, causal or otherwise,[1][2][3] and that the vaccine ingredients do not cause it.[4] Vaccinologist Peter Hotez researched the growth of the false claim and concluded that its spread originated with Andrew Wakefield's fraudulent 1998 paper, with no prior paper supporting a link.[5]

Despite the scientific consensus for the absence of a relationship[1][2] and the retracted paper, the anti-vaccination movement at large continue to promote myths, conspiracy theories, and misinformation linking the two.[6] A developing tactic appears to be the "promotion of irrelevant research [as] an active aggregation of several questionable or peripherally related research studies in an attempt to justify the science underlying a questionable claim."[7]

Hey Dr Soopoo
Agree with Wikipedia or the dentist :-)
I have to imagine you are more qualified to weigh in on this then a dentist
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 18th, 2023 at 6:29:27 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined

'Shows Vaccinated Kids Have a Higher Rate of Sickness, 470% Increase in Autism'.

The BS is raining.
You will listen to anybody and I mean anybody
You are using a dentist. WTF
A dentist that is anti vax thinks it causes autism
DR Soopoo
Any thoughts on a dentist weighing in on vaccines causing autism
Here are the facts
Your dentist is a clown. I might let him work on my teeth but I'm not taking his vaccine advice.
Extensive investigation into vaccines and autism[1] has shown that there is no relationship between the two, causal or otherwise,[1][2][3] and that the vaccine ingredients do not cause it.[4] Vaccinologist Peter Hotez researched the growth of the false claim and concluded that its spread originated with Andrew Wakefield's fraudulent 1998 paper, with no prior paper supporting a link.[5]

Despite the scientific consensus for the absence of a relationship[1][2] and the retracted paper, the anti-vaccination movement at large continue to promote myths, conspiracy theories, and misinformation linking the two.[6] A developing tactic appears to be the "promotion of irrelevant research [as] an active aggregation of several questionable or peripherally related research studies in an attempt to justify the science underlying a questionable claim."[7]

Hey Dr Soopoo
Agree with Wikipedia or the dentist :-)
I have to imagine you are more qualified to weigh in on this then a dentist

Ed…. My wife is a dentist…. So NO WAY I’m answering….
As a concept, I’d go with the research of the person with the least bias.

I do not believe I’ve ever seen convincing evidence of a link between vaccinations and autism.

If we are talking about the COVID vaccines, I’ll reiterate my stance. I cannot say with any degree of certainty that they are 100% safe. They are not. I can say with 100% certainty that the risk/benefit ratio is so low that you have to be either irrational or unable to understand what a risk benefit ratio is to not want to be vaccinated.
February 2nd, 2023 at 4:43:42 AM permalink
SAbadshah
So far, it still appears as previously. Before the infections truly start to worsen, we might have a few extra weeks.
February 2nd, 2023 at 12:39:43 PM permalink
Tanko
Quote: SOOPOO
Ed…. My wife is a dentist…. So NO WAY I’m answering….

For the record, the meta analysis of 71 different studies was conducted by three PhD's in the field of epidemiology and biostatics. Not a dentist.

I provided the link.

The article about subject, which should not be mistaken for a peer reviewed analysis, was written by a dentist.
February 2nd, 2023 at 1:20:59 PM permalink
terapined
For the record, the meta analysis of 71 different studies was conducted by three PhD's in the field of epidemiology and biostatics. Not a dentist.

I provided the link.

The article about subject, which should not be mistaken for a peer reviewed analysis, was written by a dentist.

Even PHD's and dentists can be crazy anti vaxers believing the total BS that vaccines cause autism
THERE IS NO PROOF THAT VACCINES CAUSE AUTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get your dentist or PHD's to edit Wikipedia and I might pay attention
Till then, they are quacks
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 2nd, 2023 at 2:27:34 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined

Get your dentist or PHD's to edit Wikipedia and I might pay attention
Till then, they are quacks

I don't follow that. Anyone can edit Wikipedia, I have on many topics. If something is incorrect, just go ahead and edit it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 2nd, 2023 at 2:44:27 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: DRich
I don't follow that. Anyone can edit Wikipedia, I have on many topics. If something is incorrect, just go ahead and edit it.

Exactly
Tankos Dentist or PHD's can edit or add to Wikipedia with FACTS
Have they?
Probably not because BS is caught quickly and deleted.