No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 27th, 2022 at 5:02:11 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Gandler
I had a Doctor's appointment today, and this was the first time I had to put on a mask in a long time (probably since I flew last). I got to the door, and there were like three red signs posted to the door to the building saying "mask required" "DO NOT OPEN WITHOUT A MASK", and something else to the same effect, and of course this is probably the one time I did not have a random mask in my truck that I could find (I do not routinely carry a mask in my pocket anymore).

So after struggling what to do, I decided to awkwardly stand in the parking lot and call the front desk from my cell phone to ask if they had a spare mask and could bring one out to me since I did not want to violate the directives of the door signage. The office manager just said, come in there is literally nobody else in the building (as far as patients) as I was the last appointment for the day and they can give me one at the desk.

The Doctor had a mask on (kind of), but it was way down, hardly covering half of his mouth (not over his nose at all). I just found it funny because the door made it seems like a huge requirement, and almost nobody inside seemed to care, even at the desk they were more concerned about getting my insurance cards than getting me a mask (also she was not wearing a mask). None of which bothers me, but if masks are not a big deal anymore, the signs should be taken down instead of causing confusing circumstances. The only person who seemed to care about masks or wearing them properly was the nurse who did the paperwork and initial questions when they take you back (and even was making small talk about mask requirements on airlines and such, and how its ironic that the local airport still requires masks even if the airlines do not, which may or may not be true, I have no idea since I have not been since the airlines reversal).

Probably due to their insurance
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 28th, 2022 at 12:36:59 AM permalink
Mooseton
Threads: 0
Quote: Gandler
I had a Doctor's appointment today, and this was the first time I had to put on a mask in a long time (probably since I flew last). I got to the door, and there were like three red signs posted to the door to the building saying "mask required" "DO NOT OPEN WITHOUT A MASK", and something else to the same effect, and of course this is probably the one time I did not have a random mask in my truck that I could find (I do not routinely carry a mask in my pocket anymore).

So after struggling what to do, I decided to awkwardly stand in the parking lot and call the front desk from my cell phone to ask if they had a spare mask and could bring one out to me since I did not want to violate the directives of the door signage. The office manager just said, come in there is literally nobody else in the building (as far as patients) as I was the last appointment for the day and they can give me one at the desk.

The Doctor had a mask on (kind of), but it was way down, hardly covering half of his mouth (not over his nose at all). I just found it funny because the door made it seems like a huge requirement, and almost nobody inside seemed to care, even at the desk they were more concerned about getting my insurance cards than getting me a mask (also she was not wearing a mask). None of which bothers me, but if masks are not a big deal anymore, the signs should be taken down instead of causing confusing circumstances. The only person who seemed to care about masks or wearing them properly was the nurse who did the paperwork and initial questions when they take you back (and even was making small talk about mask requirements on airlines and such, and how its ironic that the local airport still requires masks even if the airlines do not, which may or may not be true, I have no idea since I have not been since the airlines reversal).

Sounds like reality. Only fools amongst others still prescribe to that.
May 10th, 2022 at 8:25:41 AM permalink
terapined
https://acasignups.net/22/05/09/exclusive-non-covid-excess-death-rates-ran-21x-higher-reddest-counties-bluest-2021
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 12th, 2022 at 1:48:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The entire country of North Korea is under lockdown now because of covid. Yeah, this is so not over. I'm living like it's just as bad as it's ever been I ain't taking any chances. My best friend from high school and his wife are just getting over it from last week and he is devastated with fatigue. He can barely do his daily chores and I told him welcome to the club, I have to take naps everyday because I had covid. Never took a nap in my life before I got it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 12th, 2022 at 2:01:49 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
The entire country of North Korea is under lockdown now because of covid.

This brings up an interesting question:

Who has a better track record of honest reporting - Evenbob or North Korea?

Tough call.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 12th, 2022 at 11:05:47 PM permalink
Mooseton
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288

Tough call.

Well, if your humping dudes asses I think it’s clear who’s insane.
May 17th, 2022 at 4:18:19 AM permalink
terapined
How Australia Saved Thousands of Lives While COVID Killed 1 Million Americans
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/15/world/australia/covid-deaths.html
May 17th, 2022 at 10:56:56 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
There is a paywall, I cannot read the article.

Please, no more links to paywall sites like NYT; instead just cut and paste the article with a link at the end for source.

Thank you.

----the forum police
May 17th, 2022 at 2:13:11 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: missedhervee
There is a paywall, I cannot read the article.

Please, no more links to paywall sites like NYT; instead just cut and paste the article with a link at the end for source.

Thank you.

----the forum police

Cutting and pasting articles is a violation of the forum rules. They have to be linked, with no more than a brief quotation for summary.
May 17th, 2022 at 5:36:59 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: ams288

Tough call.
Aw cmon dude. You can;t go insulting a sovereign nation like that :o)