No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 26th, 2022 at 1:41:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Saw Dr Birx from the Trump Administration. She brought up an interesting point that one of the reasons she still wears a mask if she got covid, she could potentially infect her 90 year old mother. And yes, she says they work.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 26th, 2022 at 2:32:23 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Long covid is insidious. It's a main reason why I still wear a mask indoors with other people

https://news.yahoo.com/2-factors-may-predict-whether-191930080.html

Up to 60% of people who've had COVID-19 still have at least one symptom a year later, and there are a couple of factors that may predict how long symptoms will persist, according to a new study presented at the European Congress of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases’ annual meeting this week.

“If your symptoms were present at 15 weeks, they were more likely to be present a year later,” explained NBC News medical contributor Dr. Natalie Azar on TODAY Tuesday. “Also if you had moderate to severe disease … you’re about two times more likely to have symptoms a year later.”
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 26th, 2022 at 3:00:54 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: terapined
If you can't handle an opinion from the other side of the aisle, you shouldn't be here.Sheesh

What would Elon Musk do?
April 26th, 2022 at 4:25:50 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: missedhervee
What would Elon Musk do?

Who cares
I deleted Twitter a couple years ago
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 26th, 2022 at 4:37:35 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
OK then, something you can relate to: what would Jerry do?
April 26th, 2022 at 10:28:59 PM permalink
Mooseton
Threads: 0
Quote: terapined
You got issues
Seems my mere existence bothers you
Block me or don't read my posts
If you can't handle an opinion from the other side of the aisle, you shouldn't be here.
Sheesh

I can handle it. Just refute my points or realize you’ve been duped. Mask pride! is sheep mentality.

Your existence does not bother me. There’s many like you that need to wisen up.
April 27th, 2022 at 3:01:25 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Saw Dr Birx from the Trump Administration. She brought up an interesting point that one of the reasons she still wears a mask if she got covid, she could potentially infect her 90 year old mother. And yes, she says they work.

Masks do work but mask mandates under dubious powers claimed by a bureaucratic agency don’t.

Everyone is free to mask up.

If you want a mandate, do it with proper legal authority. The government always tries to find new ways to abuse authority. They need to be called out every time.
April 27th, 2022 at 5:48:09 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Mooseton
I can handle it. Just refute my points or realize you’ve been duped. Mask pride! is sheep mentality.

Your existence does not bother me. There’s many like you that need to wisen up.

Cool
It's not mask pride
I hate the Damm mask
But
I love being healthy a lot more then my hate for the mask
I'm just trying to show the forum that you can have a wonderful fulfilling life visiting all the interesting places around this great country safely Masked and social distancing.
Very few activities I decline like the arch ride. I hear the top is tiny very very crowded.
Playing it safe
Ging to Busch Stadium today for a noon game outdoors today.
Very safe activity.
April 27th, 2022 at 4:13:51 PM permalink
terapined
Interesting
I'm still avoiding indoor concerts because I just don't feel it's safe

Variety: Was Phish’s Madison Square Garden Run a Superspreader Event? Some, Including Howard Stern, Think So.
https://variety.com/2022/music/news/phish-madison-square-garden-covid-howard-stern-1235242851/
April 27th, 2022 at 4:44:45 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I had a Doctor's appointment today, and this was the first time I had to put on a mask in a long time (probably since I flew last). I got to the door, and there were like three red signs posted to the door to the building saying "mask required" "DO NOT OPEN WITHOUT A MASK", and something else to the same effect, and of course this is probably the one time I did not have a random mask in my truck that I could find (I do not routinely carry a mask in my pocket anymore).

So after struggling what to do, I decided to awkwardly stand in the parking lot and call the front desk from my cell phone to ask if they had a spare mask and could bring one out to me since I did not want to violate the directives of the door signage. The office manager just said, come in there is literally nobody else in the building (as far as patients) as I was the last appointment for the day and they can give me one at the desk.

The Doctor had a mask on (kind of), but it was way down, hardly covering half of his mouth (not over his nose at all). I just found it funny because the door made it seems like a huge requirement, and almost nobody inside seemed to care, even at the desk they were more concerned about getting my insurance cards than getting me a mask (also she was not wearing a mask). None of which bothers me, but if masks are not a big deal anymore, the signs should be taken down instead of causing confusing circumstances. The only person who seemed to care about masks or wearing them properly was the nurse who did the paperwork and initial questions when they take you back (and even was making small talk about mask requirements on airlines and such, and how its ironic that the local airport still requires masks even if the airlines do not, which may or may not be true, I have no idea since I have not been since the airlines reversal).