No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 22nd, 2020 at 10:19:07 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Jose Ameal Pena - one of the few people still living after the 1918 flu

" As he wrestled with a relentless fever, a doctor prescribed vapours of boiled eucalyptus and seaweed."
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 23rd, 2020 at 4:26:43 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Some conservative media is finally calling out Trump for his BS

Where Are the Tests?
Donald Trump lied about the danger from COVID-19. Now he's lying about the availability of tests for the coronavirus. Watch him lie, again, in real time.
https://thebulwark.com/where-are-the-tests/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 23rd, 2020 at 5:51:03 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Thanks, Nancy!

I understand her wanting to have her say in the bill to presented. Heck, she may even have an advantage in the process because (so far) more Republicans are out than Democrats. My problem is that she didn't like what was going on but she stayed away until a deal was close and then decided to derail the deal. If she was truly trying to act in the best interest of the country, why wasn't she in DC the whole time, making the noise she is now, and helping Democrats participating in the process move the deal her way (since it is a negotiation) instead of galloping in to say that she wants to do her own bill.

Yes, Trump has had both failures and successes in the course of this pandemic. He deserves criticism for those things. He is also falsely accused of statements he did not make, which is not what a fair press would do. He was criticized for his move closing China and then even some about Europe. No matter what fault there is, we were nowhere near prepared as a country for a pandemic. That is a failure we should not allow to happen again.

I hope they can get necessary government assistance to those who need it as soon as possible...there are people hurting.
March 23rd, 2020 at 5:56:20 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
Thanks, Nancy!

Damn right!

We don’t need to be handing a $500B blank check to Mnuchin with no oversight.

The Senate bill as written is a complete joke. A whole lot of corporate welfare. Doesn’t do nearly enough to help the people who need it the most.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 23rd, 2020 at 6:04:02 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Thanks, Nancy!

What a great leader for the people
THANKS NANCY
Corporations can borrow
The little people are out of work NOW and need relief.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 23rd, 2020 at 6:11:43 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: terapined
What a great leader for the people
THANKS NANCY
Corporations can borrow
The little people are out of work NOW and need relief.

You and ams288 truly are so blinded by partisanship that you don't get what I said. I was not saying that she should not fight for what she believes is needed in a time of crisis; I am saying that she should have stayed in DC and fought all weekend for her point of view.

The little people are out of work NOW and need relief. Nancy went home.

I'd be fine with her still fighting all day and night if she had done that instead of going home.

I honestly don't know what the answer to all the issues is...I just know she cost the effort three days. She cost the little people three more days.
March 23rd, 2020 at 6:20:48 AM permalink
ams288
The little people are out of work NOW and need relief. Nancy went home.

I'd be fine with her still fighting all day and night if she had done that instead of going home.

lol... you think Nancy wasn’t working during that time?

Mitch McConnell took a three day weekend last weekend so he could teabag Justice Kavanaugh. No criticism for him?

We’re the ones blinded by partisanship!
March 23rd, 2020 at 6:28:17 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
lol... you think Nancy wasn’t working during that time?

Mitch McConnell took a three day weekend last weekend so he could teabag Justice Kavanaugh. No criticism for him?

We’re the ones blinded by partisanship!

This weekend, we heard from people on both sides but not so much Nancy. No, I don't think she was as actively participating in the process as she should have been.

I have the same criticism of McConnell and the Senate last week.

I think leadership on both sides should be working via all means possible. They are ALL really good at letting us know when they are working on something.

Both leaders were absent when they should have been present.

This time it was Nancy.

There is the rub...will you say that both of them should have been more involved on the respective weekends...and everyday?
March 23rd, 2020 at 6:32:02 AM permalink
ams288
There is the rub...will you say that both of them should have been more involved on the respective weekends...and everyday?

No I won't. The Senate was working on their bill this weekend. What would you propose Nancy do?

Moscow Mitch even criticized her yesterday for being too involved in their process. You think she should have been MORE involved?
March 23rd, 2020 at 6:43:13 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
No I won't. The Senate was working on their bill this weekend. What would you propose Nancy do?

Moscow Mitch even criticized her yesterday for being too involved in their process. You think she should have been MORE involved?

They criticize each other on a daily basis.

Perhaps she should have been working on her own bill at the same time the Senate was working on that one.

Never mind...I just remembered that it is absolutely worthless to try and have a conversation with you. There is a certain group here, with representation from both sides, that are so in love with their positions and party that they can say nothing wrong about them.