No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

December 3rd, 2021 at 12:38:04 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 97
Quote: AZDuffman
Fine by me. Stay at home so you have no chance of being near me or anyone else did not take the vax.

That's a moronic comment given the fact most of us cannot stay at home, we need to work and otherwise engage in the outside world.

Why won't you just swallow your silly pride and get vaccinated, wear a mask, and maintain social distance?
December 3rd, 2021 at 12:43:56 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
That's a moronic comment given the fact most of us cannot stay at home, we need to work and otherwise engage in the outside world.

Why won't you just swallow your silly pride and get vaccinated, wear a mask, and maintain social distance?

Because I do not trust the untested vaccine. The masks are silly and do nothing. I am not the one afraid of catching something so why should I have to cater to you and yours? I need to work and engage with the outside world same as anyone else.
The President is a fink.
December 3rd, 2021 at 12:44:18 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: missedhervee

Maybe he already has.

Lots of vocal anti-vaxxers have actually gotten the shot, especially if they are employed. They just like the attention.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 4th, 2021 at 3:03:28 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
Because I do not trust the untested vaccine. The masks are silly and do nothing.

8.5 billion doses have been administered to 4.3 billion people. They've been tested.

Trying to stop a virus with a mask is like trying to stop the wind with a screen. But they have a synergistic effect. The more people that wear them, the less chance for microbes to be transmitted. The seasonal flu has been nearly non-existent for the past two years. There were only 700 influenza deaths in the US during the 2020-21 season. There were 22,000 in the season before that, and 34,000 before that.

Unvaccinated 30 yr old dies at home, from Covid. His father is on respirator.
December 4th, 2021 at 3:43:19 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tanko
8.5 billion doses have been administered to 4.3 billion people. They've been tested.

Administering doses is not testing. The 4.3 billion people are the testers.
The President is a fink.
December 4th, 2021 at 5:57:28 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Tanko
The seasonal flu has been nearly non-existent for the past two years. There were only 700 influenza deaths in the US during the 2020-21 season. There were 22,000 in the season before that, and 34,000 before that.

I am sure masking has a little impact on the low flu numbers, especially in medical settings where patients come in for treatment of the flu, but the bigger reason probably has a lot to do with us just staying away from each other, schools being closed, work shutdowns/working virtually, etc.

Many of us have changed the way we live to make as little contact as necessary with other people and limiting the times we are with a bunch of people in an enclosed area.
December 4th, 2021 at 8:25:24 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: RonC
I am sure masking has a little impact on the low flu numbers, especially in medical settings where patients come in for treatment of the flu, but the bigger reason probably has a lot to do with us just staying away from each other, schools being closed, work shutdowns/working virtually, etc.

Many of us have changed the way we live to make as little contact as necessary with other people and limiting the times we are with a bunch of people in an enclosed area.

The reason is that flu deaths have never been determined by a test. If you arrived at the hospital with flu like systems and died from complications that effected your breathing and lungs it was counted as a flu death. An algorithm was then used nationally on the data that was posted by the larger hospitals to arrive at a national number. There was never a hard count of flu deaths.

If you arrive at hospital with flu like symptoms and die of lung issues now, how do you think your death is recorded since Covid began?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 4th, 2021 at 8:39:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
The reason is that flu deaths have never been determined by a test. If you arrived at the hospital with flu like systems and died from complications that effected your breathing and lungs it was counted as a flu death. An algorithm was then used nationally on the data that was posted by the larger hospitals to arrive at a national number. There was never a hard count of flu deaths.

If you arrive at hospital with flu like symptoms and die of lung issues now, how do you think your death is recorded since Covid began?

I don't think that's correct. I believe they always want to know what if any an infectious disease a patient has. It has to do with both hospital personnel exposed to that person and other patients and where they put that person. Other patients can be infected from an infectious person, who are in the hospital for other reasons.

Also some infections can be bacterial and treated with antibiotics. You can't treat someone very well if you don't know what they have.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 4th, 2021 at 8:47:20 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
I don't think that's correct. I believe they always want to know what if any an infectious disease a patient has. It has to do with both hospital personnel exposed to that person and other patients and where they put that person. Other patients can be infected from an infectious person, who are in the hospital for other reasons.

Also some infections can be bacterial and treated with antibiotics. You can't treat someone very well if you don't know what they have.

Do your research and come back to me. I did mine.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 4th, 2021 at 8:56:13 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
Do your research and come back to me. I did mine.

I googled this without being able to prove what you said.

"if you die of lung disease do they test for infection?"

What would you suggest to try instead?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?