No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

November 13th, 2021 at 9:56:14 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: missedhervee
Perhaps we wouldn't be in the mess we are in today had the president and congress gotten together and hammered out a bi-partisan policy for covid when it first arrived.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. You don't seem to remember that there was a lot of disagreement and groping around in the dark in those days. This was something new to everybody. Except to Captain Poopypants, he had a plan, just get him into the Oval Office he would tell us what that plan was. But oops, Corporal Poopypants was lying. Something he does a lot.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 13th, 2021 at 9:57:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Perhaps we wouldn't be in the mess we are in today had the president and congress gotten together and hammered out a bi-partisan policy for covid when it first arrived.

Doubtful. You cannot just legislate a virus away. I hate to break this to you but in life people get sick and people die. Your suggestion is the same arrogance as people who think we can just make a climate that has been changing for 4.5 billion years stop changing.

Thanks to Trump's great handling of things we did not end up in a depression and deaths were less than 1/4 of what they thought they would be. He did this as the Democrats make the china virus political for their own gain.

We might have even had better results if the Democrat Party would not have made it all political.
The President is a fink.
November 13th, 2021 at 10:24:13 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman

We might have even had better results if the Democrat Party would not have made it all political.

But they make everything political, absolutely everything. That's how you get power over people by convincing the sheep everything is a crisis, every little thing that happens is a crisis, that can only be fixed by them. There are lots of people who believe this but that number is dropping because it's becoming obvious that the Democrats can't fix anything and they always only make things worse. Every Democrat that's been in office has been incompetent, but now they have incompetence on steroids in the Oval Office. And they picked this guy and his incredibly incompetent running mate to be the beneficiaries of a stolen election. Why did they think things would be anything different than they are. You put a senile incompetent boob in charge this is what you're always going to get. Chaos and no leadership whatsoever.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 13th, 2021 at 10:27:41 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
You birds will spin it ad infinitum, but the fact is the gov't never had a bi-partisan, unified policy to deal with covid.

They should have.
November 13th, 2021 at 10:46:13 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
You birds will spin it ad infinitum, but the fact is the gov't never had a bi-partisan, unified policy to deal with covid.

They should have.

You can be King for a day what should that policy have been?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 13th, 2021 at 10:54:03 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
That's not up to me to say, as I lack the political and scientific savvy; it would be up to our elected representatives to decide after considering and debating the evidence then available.

No matter what the result, the fact that it was a bi-partisan decision should have caused more people to accept the plan as opposed to the political / cultural battles over covid that have in fact been ongoing.
November 13th, 2021 at 11:02:34 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
But they make everything political, absolutely everything. That's how you get power over people by convincing the sheep everything is a crisis, every little thing that happens is a crisis, that can only be fixed by them. There are lots of people who believe this but that number is dropping because it's becoming obvious that the Democrats can't fix anything and they always only make things worse. Every Democrat that's been in office has been incompetent, but now they have incompetence on steroids in the Oval Office. And they picked this guy and his incredibly incompetent running mate to be the beneficiaries of a stolen election. Why did they think things would be anything different than they are. You put a senile incompetent boob in charge this is what you're always going to get. Chaos and no leadership whatsoever.

It is a different, good kind of "woke" when you stop buying what the government and and media scare you into crisis after crisis. You go thru life with a clear head while so many around you think they are going to die if people are not forced to wear masks. It is a good feeling but you have to deal with being surrounded by helpless sheep.
The President is a fink.
November 13th, 2021 at 11:51:14 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
It is a different, good kind of "woke" when you stop buying what the government and and media scare you into crisis after crisis. You go thru life with a clear head while so many around you think they are going to die if people are not forced to wear masks.

And when the recovery rate is 99% if your unvaccinated. A 99% recovery rate and they preach that everybody's going to die unless they get vaccinated. Stupid is as stupid does. I can't count the number of people that I know or have heard of that had covid and lived to talk about it. Including myself. Only one person died and she was vaccinated. They believe she had extenuating circumstances.
November 13th, 2021 at 1:01:33 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Wow, you posted it before the internet news services did: well done (really).

Now OSHA must proceed to full hearing: it ain't over ... yet.

Much to my surprise, I believe that you complemented me. Thank you.

I don't rely on rely on biased news feeds such as "gooogle'' but have a number of news aggregate websites I read. Also since some of them are "conservative/right leaning" they provide information/news that the MSM avoids. For example, I would bet that many of the left leaning members here do not know (and probably do not care) who Charles Dolan is.
Let's go Brandon
November 13th, 2021 at 1:33:51 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
That's not up to me to say, as I lack the political and scientific savvy; it would be up to our elected representatives to decide after considering and debating the evidence then available.

No matter what the result, the fact that it was a bi-partisan decision should have caused more people to accept the plan as opposed to the political / cultural battles over covid that have in fact been ongoing.

Glad you agree that Trump couldn't have done any better. Your solution of lets strike a committee and study it has never solved anything in the world. Always reminds me of the life of Brian.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin