No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 19th, 2020 at 11:13:29 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
It's not due to age. The median age for both nations is 45.9.

Italians are less likely wash their hands.

78% of Germans wash their hands after using the toilet, vs only 57% of Italians.

The populations that wash their hands the least, have the most infections.

85% of Portugese wash their hands after using the toilet, vs only 61% of their neighbors in Spain. The mortality rate in Portugal is 0.38% vs 4.6% in Spain.

Wash your hands often, and keep your fingers out of the seven holes in your head.

I think the discrepancy is due to the difference between confirmed cases and the unknown reality regarding the actual number that have the virus
South Korea is leading the planet in testing their people
WTF, we should be the leading nation doing this but instead SK is kicking our butt
Trump should of been preparing weeks ago instead of simply reacting today
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 19th, 2020 at 12:22:51 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
That would overwhelm the hospitals. There are not enough intensive care beds or ventilators available.

The best approach is to try to limit the speed of the spread of infections in order to search for effective treatments and medications, and lower the mortality rate by providing quality care for patients.
You can't know that for sure. The political boobs in my state are going crazy saying how overwhelmed the hospitals are. We have 44 cases with one hospitalized no deaths yet. Wow! really overwhelming stuff.
March 19th, 2020 at 12:25:39 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
March 19th, 2020 at 12:26:00 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
That would overwhelm the hospitals. There are not enough intensive care beds or ventilators available.

The best approach is to try to limit the speed of the spread of infections in order to search for effective treatments and medications, and lower the mortality rate by providing quality care for patients.

So your are happy to self isolate for a year to accomplish this? You are happy to destroy the worlds economies to do this? You are happy to see all the deaths caused by the economic hardship and stress this is going to create.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 19th, 2020 at 12:41:23 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: kenarman
So your are happy to self isolate for a year to accomplish this? You are happy to destroy the worlds economies to do this? You are happy to see all the deaths caused by the economic hardship and stress this is going to create.

I don't think we are going to self-isolate for a year and I think economies will take a hit, but slowing it down by pausing seems to me to be the prudent approach as opposed to just allowing the virus to spread uncontrolled with the risks involved in that.

Testing has been to slow in getting up to speed while prohibiting entry from China was a good idea in spite of early opposition...so there is a mixed boat of actions and results so far. Once we get more testing results, we will have a better picture of how we need to proceed.
March 19th, 2020 at 1:15:31 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Guns and ammo are flying off the shelves. One local company manufactured over 58.000 rounds overnight; all of them were spoken for by this morning. They are running 20 hours a day or so. I do still notice many businesses running around my small town because agriculture and the support of it waits on no one. People are being careful and keeping distances as much as possible.
March 19th, 2020 at 1:29:25 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: RonC
Guns and ammo are flying off the shelves. One local company manufactured over 58.000 rounds overnight all of them were spoken for by this morning. They are running 20 hours a day or so. I do still notice many businesses running around my small town because agriculture and the support of it waits on no one. People are being careful and keeping distances as much as possible.
Somebody makes money no matter what. The trades will not get hurt to bad this time (compared to the Bush/Obama depression)I hope. Folks staying home will be saying time to get that new whatever fixed or replaced. My wife wanted to pick up some .357 loads on the way home from a ride but the line was out the door so she has to make due with what she has in stock.
March 19th, 2020 at 2:09:13 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
A real good video animation showing exactly how the virus attacks the body
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 19th, 2020 at 2:44:47 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
They're trying to make tax day July 15.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 19th, 2020 at 2:59:27 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
How about getting biblical and declaring a debt jubilee?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW