No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 6th, 2021 at 1:54:01 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: odiousgambit
I didn't notice anyone else saying they got the shot, was I the first here? Oncedear I think has gotten it, not announced here.

got a sore arm, no biggie, and it affected me by making me feel I had no energy. Went to be early and the latter is fixed.
Yes ODG. I had it Wednesday (The Astra Zeneca/Oxford one) Side effects were slight body-ache for a couple of days and feeling of elation at being one step closer to freedom.
The AZ vaccine might struggle more than some others, to suppress the more recent variants, if they get a foot-hold. So, I'm expecting things to go to hell again in late summer.
In the UK, we currently have Pfizer and AZ ones in use, predominantly AZ. Our current strict lock-down has had huge effect on lowering deaths, hospitalisations and infections. Evidence of the effect of the vaccine is only just emerging on top of that.
Our government and medical advice is to continue masking and social distancing for at least the rest of March, even when vaccinated. I see that differs to US state of play, where your CDC hasn't even issued guidance to those vaccinated.
Interesting UK news is that there has recently been serious, 40% + breaking of lock-down restrictions amongst the over 80s. (Who've mostly had 2 doses now)
I LOL@ their understandable antics. .

(If Geolocation permits you to see that.)

Studiously watching Texas and Mississippi for the effects of their 'experiments'
I wonder if we have any Texas or Mississippi members here?
March 6th, 2021 at 2:09:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Maybe one day we’ll find out how many trump supporters were lost between February to November following his bad examples talking up useless malaria pills and starting mini pandemics in the White House walking around maskless. Your behavior and others like you helped lose the election for Trump.

Since the pills worked and the masks are useless I doubt anyone died following that advice.
The President is a fink.
March 6th, 2021 at 2:18:42 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
I wish for you all, the blessing of effective Covid-19 antibodies.

May you also get the choice of whether you get them in a harmless injection, or through inhalation of someone else's infected breath.

If you don't want them either way, then I wish you all the luck you deserve.
March 6th, 2021 at 4:32:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
My county has gone from 6 deaths
a day in Jan, to 1 a week now. Yet
we're still under full or partial
lockdown in MI. The outdoor
antique markets might miss
an entire season again.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 6th, 2021 at 5:42:47 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
My county has gone from 6 deaths
a day in Jan, to 1 a week now. Yet
we're still under full or partial
lockdown in MI. The outdoor
antique markets might miss
an entire season again.

I ate dinner at an indoor restaurant yesterday and went to see a movie tonight. In MI.

Not sure what you’re still bitchin about....
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 7th, 2021 at 5:58:37 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Wife and 18 y/o daughter got 1st Pfizer yesterday. Wife barely had a sore arm. Daughter had headache, severe arm pain, nausea, dizziness. I am wondering how much was due to her pre existing fear? The arm pain was immediate and the other symptoms were present in the first few hours.

Wife, who was willing to travel unvaccinated, now had me book trip to Florida in 10 days. She will have something like 75% immunity by then.

The shots for wife and daughter were in Binghamton. 3.25 hour drive without stops. I did stop on way back at rest stop. Masks required. In men’s room me and 3 other men. 2 not wearing masks despite clear signs requiring them. Kid cashier was wearing mask, nose fully exposed. All the rules in the world will not work if they are not followed and there is essentially no enforcement of them.
March 7th, 2021 at 6:44:38 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
Wife and 18 y/o daughter got 1st Pfizer yesterday. Wife barely had a sore arm. Daughter had headache, severe arm pain, nausea, dizziness. I am wondering how much was due to her pre existing fear? The arm pain was immediate and the other symptoms were present in the first few hours.

Wife, who was willing to travel unvaccinated, now had me book trip to Florida in 10 days. She will have something like 75% immunity by then.

The shots for wife and daughter were in Binghamton. 3.25 hour drive without stops. I did stop on way back at rest stop. Masks required. In men’s room me and 3 other men. 2 not wearing masks despite clear signs requiring them. Kid cashier was wearing mask, nose fully exposed. All the rules in the world will not work if they are not followed and there is essentially no enforcement of them.

My wife got her second shot yesterday. She had chills and dizziness for a couple hours but they have passed.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 7th, 2021 at 9:06:01 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
I am wondering how much was due to her pre existing fear?

If a lot of emphasis is placed on the importance of one event, it can probably trigger an anxiety attack in some people. Not saying that’s what it is. But younger people have all the hormonal potential of wild mood swings. 18 is not that old.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 7th, 2021 at 12:11:59 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Numbers in the new CDC report destroy the case for mask mandates

Quote:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released a report Friday in which it quietly admitted that the mask mandates in America were allegedly responsible for less than a 2 percent decrease in COVID case growth after ONE HUNDRED DAYS.

The CDC claims that between March 1 and December 31 of 2020 the mask mandates, which were executed in the vast majority of United States counties, stopped COVID case growth rates by one half of one percent after 20 days and by less than 2 percent after 100 days.

CDC report here

From the CDC report:

During March 1–December 31, 2020, state-issued mask mandates applied in 2,313 (73.6%) of the 3,142 U.S. counties. Mask mandates were associated with a 0.5 percentage point decrease in daily COVID-19 case growth rates 1–20 days after implementation and decreases of 1.1, 1.5, 1.7, and 1.8 percentage points 21–40, 41–60, 61–80, and 81–100 days, respectively, after implementation

Mask mandates were associated with a 0.7 percentage point decrease in daily COVID-19 death growth rates 1–20 days after implementation and decreases of 1.0, 1.4, 1.6, and 1.9 percentage points 21–40, 41–60, 61–80, and 81–100 days, respectively, after implementation.

Hmmmmmm, I am not against masks but is their benefit overblown?

P.S. The little menace, the goalpost moving, flip-flopping, facist, Fauci, must go away
Let's go Brandon
March 7th, 2021 at 12:32:38 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: fleaswatter

Hmmmmmm, I am not against masks but is their benefit overblown?

No way
Look at Taiwan
Just a few deaths, probably still single figures, as opposed to the USA which has to use 6 figures
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"