No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 5th, 2021 at 7:25:10 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
Okay if that is true why are Oregon and Washington so low? Why is Portugal higher than Northern Europe.

I dont know
Have not looked into it
Do you have the answers?
I have an open mind regarding this virus
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 5th, 2021 at 7:47:19 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
I dont know
Have not looked into it
Do you have the answers?
I have an open mind regarding this virus

To be fair.... I would think the inside/outside point is less pertinent than than the reliance on mass transit. I don't have statistics (help Paco!) but I am sure NYC has more mass transit trips per day than any other state? So I think there are so many confounding factors that to praise or blame the politician is quite difficult. There are some clear moments, like when Cuomo sent the infected back into nursing homes. But really, deciding that a politician erred on what day to go from 25% capacity to 50% capacity, or what day to allow localities to decide on masks, or exactly what businesses are essential, etc....

Once every American who wants the vaccine has had access to it, to me that is the date there should be no government restrictions. I am all for any individual business to decide they will only allow masked patrons, or conversely, to NOT allow masked patrons, as long as the policy is made crystal clear.

As far as the Texas governor, I think he is responding to what the people of Texas want. Will there be more deaths because of this? Sure, there will be some more. Will there be less business bankruptcies? Sure. Before you all go crazy..... government is NOT in the business of saving every possible life. The speed limit being 70mph proves that, as an example. Anyway, it is quite clear what Abbott has done, and he will own it. If the people of Texas are not happy, they can vote him out.

Personally, if I were king, I would keep the mask mandate for now but open up everything else.
March 5th, 2021 at 7:55:34 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: SOOPOO

Personally, if I were king, I would keep the mask mandate for now but open up everything else.

Masks are here to stay and should stay
I'm ok with masked crowds outside
Still dont want crowds indoors
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 5th, 2021 at 7:58:41 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
To be fair.... I would think the inside/outside point is less pertinent than than the reliance on mass transit. I don't have statistics (help Paco!) but I am sure NYC has more mass transit trips per day than any other state? So I think there are so many confounding factors that to praise or blame the politician is quite difficult. There are some clear moments, like when Cuomo sent the infected back into nursing homes. But really, deciding that a politician erred on what day to go from 25% capacity to 50% capacity, or what day to allow localities to decide on masks, or exactly what businesses are essential, etc....

Once every American who wants the vaccine has had access to it, to me that is the date there should be no government restrictions. I am all for any individual business to decide they will only allow masked patrons, or conversely, to NOT allow masked patrons, as long as the policy is made crystal clear.

As far as the Texas governor, I think he is responding to what the people of Texas want. Will there be more deaths because of this? Sure, there will be some more. Will there be less business bankruptcies? Sure. Before you all go crazy..... government is NOT in the business of saving every possible life. The speed limit being 70mph proves that, as an example. Anyway, it is quite clear what Abbott has done, and he will own it. If the people of Texas are not happy, they can vote him out.

Good post SOOPOO and maybe in a few month we can all look at how many more cases/capita there have been in the open states compared to the locked down states and make some kind of fact based statement. Bottom line there will be some Covid19 deaths for the rest of my life and maybe forever.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 5th, 2021 at 8:00:23 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

So you won't go to the next Dead concert if you get a chance?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 5th, 2021 at 8:07:02 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: kenarman
So you won't go to the next Dead concert if you get a chance?

If I dont feel safe, nope.
Job number 1, dont get sick. Job number 2, have fun
I got my fill
I spoiled myself
I did the "West Coast fun run" fall 2019. 2 shows at the Forum and 2 shows at the brand new chase center
I need to grow up a little
Jerry Garcia used to blow my mind
National Parks are now blowing my mind
As the weather warms, I'll be all over Utah.
All the RV'ers tell me, go to Utah
March 5th, 2021 at 8:20:13 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Based on what I’ve seen the average living and working space in NYC is smaller than Florida. Also has been pointed out, NYC got to make all the mistakes with covid before Florida.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 5th, 2021 at 8:30:49 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I got my first shot of vaccine today, the Moderna, second shot to be April 2nd.

After about an hour I realizied now how wonderful Vladimir Putin is ! When we were kids, they told us Jesus was the only human who was ever perfect. Now I know there is another one!

Could it be the nanobots talking?

NAH!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 5th, 2021 at 8:31:40 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
all kidding aside, I did get the vaccine today. Nothing more than a pinprick. I'm used to Tetanus shots, which is a bit more of a stab in the arm
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 5th, 2021 at 8:48:31 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I also believe masks should stay but they won't. I doubt if 25% of the people will continue to wear masks when it is not required.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.