No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

January 28th, 2021 at 3:53:08 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
Well, well, well---looks like Cuomo killed far more people than they thought with his nursing home china virus program.

Sadly NY will probably re-elect him again.
Do they have enough old people?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 28th, 2021 at 4:25:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: kenarman
I can't get a mental picture of a drive through testing site out of my mind.

Homer and Bart waiting for a test.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 29th, 2021 at 4:54:52 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
While there are still 3 more days to be counted in January, it looks like COVID deaths will surpass 100,000 this month in the US. The deadlist month in American history is still October 1918 when 200,000 people died of influenza.
January 29th, 2021 at 8:02:45 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I got Moderna shot yesterday. My arm hurt so much I was unable to lift it over my shoulder last night! Now 75% better. Feels like will be close to normal by tomorrow. Son’s fiancé said hers was terrible for 3 days. My next appointment is for 4 weeks from yesterday. My appointment was for Thursday. All appointments M, Tu, W were cancelled. 1/2 appointments F and all Sa were also canceled. I got lucky. Upon entering a super nice cop, fully armed by the way, asks to see my appointment on my phone. He then walks me through what I have to do to register. Shows me were to go. Tells me what the next sequence of steps will be. So my ex wife’s parents, 84 and 86, were in the group that had their appointment tents canceled. I ask nice cop is there any way they can get in today? He says it is possible, and you will have to speak with ‘Jane Doe’. My ex was in a car waiting outside with her father. I call her and tell her to come in to speak with Ms. Doe. By the time I went through the next few steps, and got my shot, her father had an appointment for later that day! And Ms. Doe just let him get in the queue to get his shot. Ex also got her mom an appointment and she drove over and in less than an hour had a shot as well.
You did have to fill out an online form to confirm your eligibility. But no one asked for any proof, or even ID for that matter. It basically had a multi page disclaimer that if you lie you are committing a crime.

Erie county has 4 similar sites set up. It looked like maybe 75 people working in the place? Gotta be quite expensive to run!

My point is mainly this... why are so many appointments being canceled when they can squeeze people in the day before?
January 29th, 2021 at 8:11:15 AM permalink
SOOPOO
So my friend who was on ventilator for two weeks back in the spring.... now doing well, but not perfect.... 75 y/o woman. Husband younger guy (59?) but multiple medical problems. Miraculously, he did not get it when she did. He needed a pacemaker battery change and routine CXR revealed lung deterioration from previous CXR a year ago. He went for antibody test again and this time it was positive! So sometime in the past few months he had an asymptomatic COVID-19 infection, and even though he had no symptoms that he could ascertain, his lungs took a hit! His oxygen level is still fine, so he had enough reserve to tolerate the new lung damage.

New stuff every day about COVID-19. Most not good!
January 29th, 2021 at 9:19:07 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
I got Moderna shot yesterday. My arm hurt so much I was unable to lift it over my shoulder last night! Now 75% better.

I wonder if how much your arm hurts is in anyway related to how bad the real disease would have been for you?

I'm sure you've had several shots before. Some you just forget about, until you remember to pull the band-aid off.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 29th, 2021 at 10:23:07 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: rxwine
I wonder if how much your arm hurts is in anyway related to how bad the real disease would have been for you?

I'm sure you've had several shots before. Some you just forget about, until you remember to pull the band-aid off.

I have had dozens of shots. The worst one is called Truliciity for diabetes. Once a week. It comes with a magic injector which rams a really big needle into either your leg or abdomen. It hurts a lot but lasts only a few seconds. This shot was barely noticeable on injection but within a few hours was so painful I could not lift arm to touch the top of my head. There was no comfortable position to keep it in to sleep last night. It is much better, and it seems like it will be nearly normal by tomorrow. I’ve had no systemic symptoms like fever or rash or generalized muscle aches. No way to really tell if there is a correlation to pain and efficacy.
This shot is way more painful than the flu shots I’ve had.
January 29th, 2021 at 10:24:34 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
One year when I got the flu shot my arm was sore for a few days. Felt like I had done a really intense workout at the gym. Never had that happen again after that year.

I’ve already signed up for my spot in line for the vaccine. Of course, my age and health put me in the last possible group so I doubt I’ll be able to get it before summer.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 29th, 2021 at 11:00:15 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
I am <30 and any type of shot, even seasonal flu shot, gives me moderate arm pain for a few days.

I always thought it was a common side effect.
January 29th, 2021 at 11:09:30 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
The deadlist month in American history is still October 1918 when 200,000 people died of influenza.

When you consider the population in
1918 was less than a third of what it
is now, that's a huge number.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.