1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

January 24th, 2021 at 9:43:41 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
At least you do not have to listen to Trump....

(Quote clipped intentionally)

Always a solid point.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 24th, 2021 at 9:54:13 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
I will predict that the lamestream media and lefties will do as they have done when we had things like a measles outbreak and claim it is not possible the illegal aliens carried it and that is it racist to say they did.

But hey hey, this is what you voted for! At least you do not have to listen to Trump saying mean things....

You have a poor memory! I DID NOT VOTE FOR BIDEN! And how do you know that Trump was not the President when the illegals started getting vaccinated? Apparently whether or not they have been getting vaccinated is not made public! I've taken care of dozens of captive illegal aliens during my career, and never thought they didn't deserve care. Mostly farm related injuries. It never was a possibility that they wouldn't get the acute care they needed. This is slightly different, of course, in that giving care ( a vaccine) to one of them is care not given (a vaccine) to a citizen also in need.
Once (summer?) there are enough vaccines for all who want one, this will be a moot point. They will get one.
January 24th, 2021 at 9:55:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
I get feeds from a bunch of medical journals/magazines.... Interesting article stating illegal immigrant in detention has 13 times the likelihood of having COVID-19 than someone in the general population.
The author states that they should therefore be high priority to get a vaccine, yes. ahead of citizens who are lower risk.
He also states that deporting a planeload of them to as an example Haiti, should not be done, as possibly spreading the virus to a country with limited resources is wrong.

As you all know for the high risk groups we have defined, there are not enough for those legally here. Should we consider or not consider that in allocating this limited resource?

Should we require a negative COVID-19 test before we deport an individual? Or should COVID-19 status not have any bearing on deportation? More complicated question, because to be sure of non-transmissability, you need a string of multiple tests....

Most of this probably has occurred before. Was it typical to deport an infectious person back to their home country? I’m just guessing there would be a general agreement you’d neither send them back immediately nor let them enter while sick.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 24th, 2021 at 11:02:06 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
You have a poor memory! I DID NOT VOTE FOR BIDEN! And how do you know that Trump was not the President when the illegals started getting vaccinated? Apparently whether or not they have been getting vaccinated is not made public! I've taken care of dozens of captive illegal aliens during my career, and never thought they didn't deserve care. Mostly farm related injuries. It never was a possibility that they wouldn't get the acute care they needed. This is slightly different, of course, in that giving care ( a vaccine) to one of them is care not given (a vaccine) to a citizen also in need.
Once (summer?) there are enough vaccines for all who want one, this will be a moot point. They will get one.

You said many times you did not want Trump. So this is the alternative. Open borders vs. a guy not talking like a politician.

We are not just talking about illegals getting vaccinated. We are talking about caravans being let in. Practically being invited to crash in.

They can have my vaccine.
The President is a fink.
January 24th, 2021 at 11:06:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Most of this probably has occurred before. Was it typical to deport an infectious person back to their home country? I’m just guessing there would be a general agreement you’d neither send them back immediately nor let them enter while sick.

To deny them entry was probably normal. We used to prevent someone with HIV from entering until they decided that was "mean." I remember stories of Ellis Island sending people with TB back.
The President is a fink.
January 24th, 2021 at 11:10:01 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I get feeds from a bunch of medical journals/magazines.... Interesting article stating illegal immigrant in detention has 13 times the likelihood of having COVID-19 than someone in the general population.
The author states that they should therefore be high priority to get a vaccine, yes. ahead of citizens who are lower risk.
He also states that deporting a planeload of them to as an example Haiti, should not be done, as possibly spreading the virus to a country with limited resources is wrong.

As you all know for the high risk groups we have defined, there are not enough for those legally here. Should we consider or not consider that in allocating this limited resource?

Should we require a negative COVID-19 test before we deport an individual? Or should COVID-19 status not have any bearing on deportation? More complicated question, because to be sure of non-transmissability, you need a string of multiple tests....

I would question the 13 times. The death rate in Federal prisons if 2 to 3 time that of the general population. Why would immigration detention be so much higher?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 24th, 2021 at 11:15:59 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: kenarman
I would question the 13 times. The death rate in Federal prisons if 2 to 3 time that of the general population. Why would immigration detention be so much higher?

Not sure.... but I think it was infection rate, not death rate. I think those in detention tend to be of lower age than the general population, as most illegals crossing are looking for cheap manual labor, and bringing their families. I could be wrong.
January 24th, 2021 at 11:33:39 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Not sure.... but I think it was infection rate, not death rate. I think those in detention tend to be of lower age than the general population, as most illegals crossing are looking for cheap manual labor, and bringing their families. I could be wrong.

Infection rate in the Federal prisons is about 30%. About 5 times the general population rate. Should prisoners get the vaccine ahead of the general population?

They have just announced the vaccine priority for British Columbia. Front line health care and care home workers and residents are Phase 1. Everybody else is Phase 2 based on age. Over 80 first, then 75-80, then 70-75 etc. No priority for grocery store clerks or first responders. Based on the stats that it is the elderly that are dying.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 24th, 2021 at 11:55:23 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
Infection rate in the Federal prisons is about 30%. About 5 times the general population rate. Should prisoners get the vaccine ahead of the general population?

Are they out running around free in their spare time?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 24th, 2021 at 2:56:32 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25

Do any of the journals mention the CT [cycle threshold] used to determine who has/had Covid? I have read that if the multiplier were lowered from the 35-40x that is used now to a more accurate 20-23 or so, the case rate would drop substantially. Possibly as much as 90%.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW