No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

September 22nd, 2020 at 5:39:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
I'd probably give him a, "C," or thereabouts. There's only so much, "Handling," one can do. The only thing I think he could have done better is maybe take it more seriously (publicly) and have the Federal Government give more direct guidance. He also should have strongly stressed the masks (after the hospital shortage was over) from day one; particularly to his supporters.

It's amazing how snowflakey some of the people on the right are about the mask-wearing. That doesn't mean I think there should be mask mandates or maximum occupancy (except...maybe very large indoor gatherings) mandates, but that the recommendations should have been made for individuals (and businesses) to do of their own accord.

I can't tell you how many people in nearby West Virginia at least claimed things like, "I'm not going to go to Store XYZ again because they're making people wear the masks and it's not the law." I guess they at least get how free association works.

Except, now it is kind of a mandate in places where social distancing cannot be maintained.

Being a Libertarian, I'm all about personal choice, but that doesn't change the fact that some people (many of them Trump supporters) are idiots.

It is because we dislike the masks and see no benefit to them. We are not talking being in a medical facility. We are talking people thinking a piece of cloth is a be all end all that will solve things. They are not.

IMHO it also comes down to the mask believers like to sort of "show they are following the rules" and "doing something" even if "something" is effectively nothing. They are the same people who proudly wear ribbons for whatever the cause is.
The President is a fink.
September 22nd, 2020 at 10:12:20 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Deaths from the virus alone less than 20,000.

Great idea for a Biden ad. “Trump says only 20,000 healthy people died from Corona virus. And the other 180,000 with pre-existing conditions don’t matter.”
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 22nd, 2020 at 11:00:53 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146
I'd probably give him a, "C," or thereabouts. There's only so much, "Handling," one can do. The only thing I think he could have done better is maybe take it more seriously (publicly) and have the Federal Government give more direct guidance. He also should have strongly stressed the masks (after the hospital shortage was over) from day one; particularly to his supporters.

It's amazing how snowflakey some of the people on the right are about the mask-wearing. That doesn't mean I think there should be mask mandates or maximum occupancy (except...maybe very large indoor gatherings) mandates, but that the recommendations should have been made for individuals (and businesses) to do of their own accord.

I can't tell you how many people in nearby West Virginia at least claimed things like, "I'm not going to go to Store XYZ again because they're making people wear the masks and it's not the law." I guess they at least get how free association works.

Except, now it is kind of a mandate in places where social distancing cannot be maintained.

Being a Libertarian, I'm all about personal choice, but that doesn't change the fact that some people (many of them Trump supporters) are idiots.

He really doesn’t even deserve a C. For instance Biden is giving the same unified message to his supporters or non-supporters about coronavirus. Trump caters to his supporters not taking the virus as seriously. You don’t skew a serious public heath message. That’s completely irresponsible.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 22nd, 2020 at 1:01:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine

He really doesn’t even deserve a C. For instance Biden is giving the same unified message to his supporters or non-supporters about coronavirus. Trump caters to his supporters not taking the virus as seriously. You don’t skew a serious public heath message. That’s completely irresponsible.

What message has Biden given? Other than looking silly with 6 reporters sitting in circles at a PC.
The President is a fink.
September 22nd, 2020 at 3:30:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
What message has Biden given?

His whole platform is he won't
desert us and we'll be safe if
he's president.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 22nd, 2020 at 3:56:46 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
His whole platform is he won't
desert us and we'll be safe if
he's president.

How?
The President is a fink.
September 22nd, 2020 at 8:59:35 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Deaths from the virus alone less than 20,000.
+100

There are approximately 330 million people in the US.
20,000 is waaaaaaaay less than 1% of the population, so Trump deserves an A++ for his handling of the virus. 👍

IMHO it also comes down to the mask believers like to sort of "show they are following the rules" and "doing something" even if "something" is effectively nothing. They are the same people who proudly wear ribbons for whatever the cause is.
+100

Exactly. Libbies who proudly wear their masks and shame others for not doing so are basically showing the world that they are proud to be government bootlickers. 🙄
September 22nd, 2020 at 11:55:55 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
How?

He never has any details attached
to his platitudes. He has no idea,
he's just saying what he's told
to say. He was the worst do
nothing Senator, the worst do
nothing except make himself
and his fam rich VP. Why
anybody in their right mind
would want him president is
a mystery.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 23rd, 2020 at 3:49:45 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

It is because we dislike the masks and see no benefit to them. We are not talking being in a medical facility. We are talking people thinking a piece of cloth is a be all end all that will solve things. They are not.

The masks accomplish more than nothing. I agree that they are not THE end all and be all solution. I believe that many people (but perhaps not all) wear them because science has demonstrated that they curtail the spread of the virus should you happen to have it. They don't do much to prevent you from getting it (aside from to the extent that someone carrying the virus might be wearing one).
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 23rd, 2020 at 3:51:36 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine

I don't think he outwardly called the masks stupid, or anything. When it comes to Trump and public relations, I set an extremely low bar, so that 'C' is on a curve.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman