1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 22nd, 2020 at 1:32:09 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: petroglyph
Everyone needs some thing to look forward to, some reason to get out of bed.

But slowly choking from lack of air, or aspirating and drowning in your own fluids is a disturbingly miserable way to exist. What a cruel society that would force that person to continue and not assist them with a painless demise.

Hard for me to understand why some states would prefer to spend another million Medicare dollars for that person to continue suffering.

End stage COPD is worse than Cancer.

Yes, getting out of bed is sometimes less boring than staying in bed, though not so much recently. Sometimes, on rare occasions, interacting with people is better than being alone, but again, not so much recently. You look at this forum, for example. I try to be polite with people, but maybe a little sarcastic. Why do people think I'm gone from forums for weeks at a time, Facebook, etc.? It's because human interaction is, for the most part, intolerable. I often have to build myself up to it and then regret it after I do.

You look at EvenBob, did I really need him telling me for the 759th time that he thinks my posts are too long? Now he's harping on about free speech, or some such, even though my reply to him specifically says he's free to do what he wants. In fairness, his posts would indicate either deliberate obtuseness or a complete lack of reading comprehension, just based strictly on what he says, so I guess I shouldn't expect better.

God forbid someone actually care to articulate a position with supporting argument rather than a brief statement of a thesis.

And then HE tells ME if I don't like his posts I can just not read them.

I'm all for a painless demise. Have you read what dying on a ventilator is like? You can watch Dr. Mike on Youtube and he'll tell you all about it. I don't know what COPD is and also don't care. If I get it, however, a bullet will end it very quickly.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 22nd, 2020 at 1:42:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146
Why do people think I'm gone from forums for weeks at a time, Facebook, etc.? It's because human interaction is, for the most part, intolerable. I often have to build myself up to it and then regret it after I do.

That's interesting. Is it a quirk or part of a psychological condition? Is it treatable? Do you want it treated? Not volunteering, just asking.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 22nd, 2020 at 1:49:30 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
That's interesting. Is it a quirk or part of a psychological condition? Is it treatable? Do you want it treated? Not volunteering, just asking.

Yes, it's part of a condition known as most people are idiots who exist only to aggravate other people. It wasn't so prevalent until 2015, or so. I mean, it was still bad, but not quite this bad.

Granted, there are likely to be some underlying psychological issues involved, but I would refuse any medication even if that was the case. I have no interest in chemical dependency.

ADDED: Aside from light nicotine and copious caffeine. I absolutely couldn't function at all without the latter.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 22nd, 2020 at 2:19:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
In fairness, his posts would indicate either deliberate obtuseness or a complete lack of reading comprehension,

Or maybe I'm both. I'm just amazed
you think you can pick and choose
who responds to your posts. Imagine
if we all did that, there would be no
forum. I don't like reading some of
the responses to my posts, but that's
price you pay in a free society.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 22nd, 2020 at 2:21:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Yes, it's part of a condition known as most people are idiots who exist only to aggravate other people. It wasn't so prevalent until 2015, or so. I mean, it was still bad, but not quite this bad.

lol. You probably worked as a mod for too long. You have PGS. (prison guard syndrome}

>I made that 'up.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 22nd, 2020 at 2:25:40 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Evenbob
Or maybe I'm both. I'm just amazed
you think you can pick and choose
who responds to your posts. Imagine
if we all did that, there would be no
forum. I don't like reading some of
the responses to my posts, but that's
price you pay in a free society.

I'm incapable of blocking you here because I am an Administrator.

While you are free to do what you like, I hereby politely request that you cease and desist responding to any of my posts at this site, at WoV, and further, that you do not PM me at either site. This request applies until further notice, which will be never. Thank you for your kind consideration and enjoy your weekend.
May 22nd, 2020 at 6:24:05 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
In hospital? I have it in writing, carry it with me at all times. Have a copy of my driver's license superimposed on the bottom of the page, or whatever the right word is. I'll add to it the specific wording that I do not wish to be intubated, though it already says I am not to be resuscitated, or even treated, for any reason and no measures whatsoever are to be taken to save my life in any instance whatsoever.

I'm also an organ donor, so they can harvest me for whatever of those I kept in useable shape.

Signed and delivered. Do otherwise and you're guilty of medical malpractice.

Ummmm... No.... and no! A scrap of paper with your license superimposed does NOT supercede the discussion between you and your doctor. Once you arrive in a hospital in an emergency, and you are incompetent or unconscious, there is NO WAY they will just let you die because there is a piece of paper in your pocket that says so.

If you arrive competent, and are able to understand the risks of your decision, and choose to be DNR, and a doctor decides to treat you against your will, he is NOT guilty of malpractice. He is guilty of ASSAULT. It is a big difference.

True story. In residency at a VA hospital I was called to intubate a man in distress. Old, sick, no realistic chance for recovery. I make a comment that it is surprising that he is not DNR. The poor medical Resident tells me he is DNR, but was intubated and accidentally self extubated. I told him that I will not intubate him as the most recent consent in the chart lists him as DNR, and how he came to be in this new situation does not change that. The Resident argued that he was already intubated and then became DNR, so I should reintubate him to get him back to the same condition he was in before he self extubated. I still refused. I told him if he wanted to in writing rescind the DNR order I'd intubate him. The resident did just that. i don't remember if there were any repercussions.
May 23rd, 2020 at 1:29:40 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://disrn.com/news/washington-officials-admit-to-counting-gunshot-victims-as-covid-19-deaths

What is the reason for claiming more Covid deaths than is more accurate?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 23rd, 2020 at 3:38:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
https://disrn.com/news/washington-officials-admit-to-counting-gunshot-victims-as-covid-19-deaths

MONEY

POWER

POLITICS
The President is a fink.
May 23rd, 2020 at 4:31:26 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

Just read recently that my ex hospital, despite planning extensively at a cost in the millions if not tens of millions, did not qualify for federal COVID relief money because they fell a few patients short of a defined number of COVID-19 patients needed.

They planned appropriately and never had to use many of the additional resources like extra ICUs, extra hospital beds, that they had to staff. And of course halting elective surgeries, which is the financial lifeblood of any hospital. Had they called a few of their gunshot deaths COVID-19 deaths it would have meant 10's of millions of dollars for the hospital from the feds.