DELERIUM adventures: hypersensitivity.

Page 1 of 41234>
December 1st, 2019 at 11:38:37 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Did not gain as much weight this Thanksgiving as I might otherwise have.

Was sick from severe gastric reaction to food my hosts fed me, but worst part was several days of delirium that I had to deal with.
Extreme vertigo, constant desire for water. Utterly unable to process data as to time and place. Obtained large knife for defense from imminent attack. I was staggering around here with a bottle of distilled water in one hand and my butcher knife in the other. I was re-living incidents from several different decades in my life. Different people were attacking me or were about to do so. I was talking to people who had died long ago. I was listening to their warnings of imminent danger. Unlocked the door and stood with knife so as to kill intruder who would be lulled into false sense of security.

difficult ordeal
December 1st, 2019 at 12:30:27 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
Different people were attacking me or were about to do so. I was talking to people who had died long ago. I was listening to their warnings of imminent danger. Unlocked the door and stood with knife so as to kill intruder who would be lulled into false sense of security.

And this was different from your
normal weekend how, exactly..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 2nd, 2019 at 7:36:53 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Evenbob
And this was different from your
normal weekend how, exactly..
wow, Bob. Just wow.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 2nd, 2019 at 10:58:55 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: odiousgambit
wow, Bob. Just wow.

I know, right? He's always got some
sort of food melodrama going, his life
is far more exciting than mine.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 2nd, 2019 at 3:29:23 PM permalink
Fleastiff
I know, right? He's always got some
sort of food melodrama going, his life
is far more exciting than mine.
i'd choose normal brain cells and an end to vertigo if I could.
December 3rd, 2019 at 1:08:17 PM permalink
Fleastiff
his life is far more exciting than mine.
some aspects of the delirium bout were a tad exciting. I recall a conversation with a long-deceased homicide investigator and his long-deceased brother about a famous case. It was a very satisfying chat but I still look back on it as strange. Strange to skip decades so quickly.
December 29th, 2019 at 2:01:44 AM permalink
Fleastiff
The delirium is much diminished, but the diuretic pills I take don't seem to be sufficiently effective.

I took one-eight of a watermelon because it is supposed to be such an effective diuretic. I also bought cucumbers, celery. bananas and asparagrus .
Yet after all that watermelon juice, I still have too much fluid in my feet to get my slippers on.
December 29th, 2019 at 2:25:56 AM permalink
Evenbob
I still have too much fluid in my feet to get my slippers on.

Get compression socks, they work wonders.
I have 20 pair. They go all the way to your
knee.
January 1st, 2020 at 6:26:09 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Get compression socks, they work wonders..
I wore a pair today for five hours. Painful, cut off circulation near ankles and knees. No apparent benefit at all. I've tried different sizes and types.
January 1st, 2020 at 8:30:52 PM permalink
Evenbob
I wore a pair today for five hours. Painful, cut off circulation near ankles and knees. No apparent benefit at all. I've tried different sizes and types.

You have to wear the right ones,
yours were too tight. They come
in all kinds of compression
strengths.
Page 1 of 41234>