Discussion about the Suspension List

Page 4 of 29<1234567>Last »
February 17th, 2014 at 2:55:10 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: HotBlonde
There seems to be a need to clarify what is considered suspension worthy.

Correct me if I'm wrong:

If you call someone a "dumb blonde" you will probably get a 3 day suspension.
If you tell someone he is "not a nice guy" you will probably get a 7 day suspension.

Length of suspension is not based only on the size of the insult. Frequency comes into it.

But you do have every right to choose where you post.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 17th, 2014 at 3:00:09 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

If you call someone a "dumb blonde" you will probably get a 3 day suspension.
If you tell someone he is "not a nice guy" you will probably get a 7 day suspension.
You can slander someone saying they have "an evident psychological disorder" and that's actually ok, you won't get in trouble for that.

I can't really comment, BeachBumBabs issued that Suspension.

......YES!!!

LOL

(I'm kidding, BBB wasn't Green yet.)
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 17th, 2014 at 4:04:25 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346

I found that to be massively unfair.

Really, Mission, I'm surprised at you. And I woulnd't mind an explanation.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 17th, 2014 at 4:28:23 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Nareed

Really, Mission, I'm surprised at you. And I woulnd't mind an explanation.

My explanation is as follows, it's lengthy so I am using spoiler tags:

I have nothing to explain as it did not occur on this site.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 17th, 2014 at 4:47:24 PM permalink
Nareed
You're being difficult. I commented on the other site and got no reply.

Much as I respect you and even ilke you, you're coming accross as heavy-handed and capricious. It doens't suit you at all.
February 17th, 2014 at 5:06:17 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I appreciate your compliment that you respect and like me, and I can assure you that the weight of my hand is both proportionate to my height and overall weight.

Honestly, posting history between SOOPOO and HotBlonde is the main factor, that and it was an insult that was not meant to be humorous or a light rib, which is precisely what the Statler & Waldorf standard permits.
February 17th, 2014 at 5:17:31 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Mission146
I appreciate your compliment that you respect and like me, and I can assure you that the weight of my hand is both proportionate to my height and overall weight.

Did I ever tell you I'm fiercely loyal and hate to have to choose between friends? You're not making this easy for me.

Quote:
Honestly, posting history between SOOPOO and HotBlonde is the main factor, that and it was an insult that was not meant to be humorous or a light rib, which is precisely what the Statler & Waldorf standard permits.

My point is that telling any man "You're not a nice man" is not an insult, but an evaluation of their character and personality. Right now, you're not being a nice man at all, either. Will you suspend me for saying so?
February 17th, 2014 at 5:23:52 PM permalink
TheCesspit
If this wasn't the discussion about the suspension list, I'd block this thread as being tedious right now.

Take the tedium to PM.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 17th, 2014 at 6:47:53 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Nareed
Did I ever tell you I'm fiercely loyal and hate to have to choose between friends? You're not making this easy for me.

With all due respect, I believe you have a greater problem with my handling of the situation that the party who was actually allegedly aggrieved.

Quote:
Right now, you're not being a nice man at all, either. Will you suspend me for saying so?

No, that's not an insult. You're describing your perception of my present behavior rather than making negative statements as to my entire character. I also have a policy that I would never suspend anyone for something they say directly to me.
February 18th, 2014 at 4:54:53 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0

Correct me if I'm wrong:

You can slander someone saying they have "an evident psychological disorder" and that's actually ok, you won't get in trouble for that.

Retroactively false. On the other site that is. I think. Maybe. Nevermind...;-(
Not tested yet on this site.
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
Page 4 of 29<1234567>Last »