Coverage of al-Baghdadi's Death

October 31st, 2019 at 2:00:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
I don't. Neither should anyone who values freedom. Eat what you like.

I agree. The nanny state scares the
crap out of me. It's amazing
how many millennials (someone
who came of age after 2000)
love love love the nanny state
concept of totally controlling
everyone for the 'good' of
society. Never worked and never
will.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 31st, 2019 at 2:09:57 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
I agree. The nanny state scares the
crap out of me. It's amazing
how many millennials (someone
who came of age after 2000)
love love love the nanny state
concept of totally controlling
everyone for the 'good' of
society. Never worked and never
will.

It is why freedom tends to die over time. Trading freedom for security is human nature, so much that it is the rare person who stands up and screams that losing the first will lose you the second.

Don Draper was so right.
The President is a fink.
October 31st, 2019 at 2:42:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I can't make out what you are saying? Are you saying that without the high taxes Democrats love we'd be saving money?

I'm saying that if the cigarette smoker dies early he also stops paying the over 50percent tax he had been paying. We're not making all that much money, and some studies disagree with the studies that show we make more money with people dying early.

There's a lot of variables that make studying cost/benefit difficult. Are you adding in fires smokers start and how much property damage they cause for instance?

Just one forest fire started by cigarette can be an enormous cost that wouldn't have happened in that instance. Although lately, everything dry is catching fire anyway
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 31st, 2019 at 2:47:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
I'm saying that if the cigarette smoker dies early he also stops paying the over 50percent tax he had been paying. We're not making all that much money, and some studies disagree with the studies that show we make more money with people dying early.

No, he will not be paying the taxes. But some dumb kid will start smoking or vaping to fill the revenue scream.

Quote:
There's a lot of variables that make studying cost/benefit difficult. Are you adding in fires smokers start and how much property damage they cause for instance?

Just one forest fire started by cigarette can be an enormous cost that wouldn't have happened in that instance. Although lately, everything dry is catching fire anyway

Just adding in health costs. Cigarette smoking is nuts and causes all kinds of problems, but it does save money to the healthcare system when people die early, even if they have costs as hanging on long will add up.
The President is a fink.
October 31st, 2019 at 3:51:32 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I don't. Neither should anyone who values freedom. Eat what you like.

Then eat some kale and go take a walk. Leave other people alone.

It sounds like you should have been born into an unfree society like North Korea or China as you would be happier being told how to eat and live. Why do you love taxes so much?

Unfortunately people tend to make a lot of poor decisions.

We need to strengthen the nation by pushing for a stronger, healthier, and more educated American population. This will push us to the next step of greatness. America has so much potential, but too much of the population cannot follow simple rules.

We need more structure. Especially when it comes to diet and exercise. If Americans had mandatory PT every work day, and height and weight reports once a month, this would help as well. Too many Americans lack discipline.
October 31st, 2019 at 3:58:13 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler
Unfortunately people tend to make a lot of poor decisions.

Welcome to Earth. That is how it works here. Things like having kids outside of marriage and bad personal habits keep many people down.

Quote:
We need to strengthen the nation by pushing for a stronger, healthier, and more educated American population. This will push us to the next step of greatness. America has so much potential, but too much of the population cannot follow simple rules.

We need more structure. Especially when it comes to diet and exercise. If Americans had mandatory PT every work day, and height and weight reports once a month, this would help as well. Too many Americans lack discipline.

I will take the above as trolling and end the discussion.
The President is a fink.
October 31st, 2019 at 4:00:06 PM permalink
Gandler
Welcome to Earth. That is how it works here. Things like having kids outside of marriage and bad personal habits keep many people down.

I will take the above as trolling and end the discussion.

Sadly due to the obesity and heart disease epidemic it is not trolling.

We need strong structured leadership to force some healthier options on people who do not know better or are not willing to work out and eat healthy.
October 31st, 2019 at 4:07:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
If Americans had mandatory PT every work day, and height and weight reports once a month, this would help as well. Too many Americans lack discipline.

Welcome to the USSR pre 1990.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 31st, 2019 at 4:12:48 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Evenbob
Welcome to the USSR pre 1990.

They did not have problems with obesity.
October 31st, 2019 at 4:12:57 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Sadly due to the obesity and heart disease epidemic it is not trolling.

We need strong structured leadership to force some healthier options on people who do not know better or are not willing to work out and eat healthy.

Welcome to North Korea or China!

Here in the USA, who cares?
The President is a fink.