Medicare: Just as I suspected!

Page 3 of 3<123
October 4th, 2019 at 7:45:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: SOOPOO
No country. But there is no surplus of practicing doctors now. Cut pay significantly and those (like me!) that are near the end of their careers retire early. Those considering medicine as a career don't. A small percentage already practicing find some other career. Add it all up and quality goes down.

There isn't a surplus of doctors until some can't find any doctor work, and prices are forced down by all the competition.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 5th, 2019 at 12:32:21 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
A small percentage already practicing find some other career. Add it all up and quality goes down.

That's always the bottom line. Shitty
healthcare payouts leads to dumber
and dumber doctors because they
will have to dumb down what is
required to be a doctor. We'll
have to let into the country grads
from Bill's Med School in Bumcrap
Bulgradia because $50K a year
to them is grabbing the brass ring.

We all suffer equally so the homeless
piece of dung, who is homeless
willingly, can have the same health
coverage we do.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 5th, 2019 at 6:51:56 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
There isn't a surplus of doctors until some can't find any doctor work, and prices are forced down by all the competition.

Quite frankly it's the opposite now. Prices (my salary) were forced up over the past few years because of a shortage, and one hospital trying to poach an anesthesiologist from another. The prices (salary) I am paid as an employee are tied to what I could get in private practice. If it is not comparable no one takes my job. When we are in need, the next offer to get someone is always slightly higher. In Medicare for all the private guys are devastated first, as they earn exactly what insurance pays them minus expenses. It would take a little while for my hospital to realize that they can drastically cut our salaries as the comparable is way down. But it will happen.
October 5th, 2019 at 10:50:27 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
It would take a little while for my hospital to realize that they can drastically cut our salaries as the comparable is way down. But it will happen.

I don't doubt people would bounce. I seriously question whether people would then refuse to sign up in the first place.

It seems a trend as I hop across all these jobs. Especially now in the post office with our huge employee force, I meet old timers all day long. Bar not a single one, every one regales me with tales of them GTFO when we went digital with the scanning and GPS. As you may know, USPS was one of those cush jobs you fought for. Bens, pension, and MAD OT. Guys would get their load, sling some, then hit the bar. Bar a couple hours then finish their route on OT. We're talking 80's and 90's here. Then the scanners came and then the micromanagement. Accountability. Now they actually had to "work" and lost their gravy train, so they retired en masse.

And while the new tech not only made us accountable, it also allows for more production. Computer sorting. A skillion times more efficient, we could get out a skillion times more mail. But, as it always is, we are paid not one red cent extra for this extra production. We're just expected to "get it done". And many after years of high hogging simply bounced.

Did the mail stop?

I don't argue that you and your ilk would bounce. I would too, if I had the ability. But while you are looking at it from going from 400k to 100k, there's a bunch of kids with a ton of debt looking at it as going from 0k to 100k.

I could be wrong, but I'm a yute stuck in this bulls#$%. The fact that my elders pulled down $150k while I'm f#$%ing killing myself for $48k might make me properly postal, but I'm still showing up every day, and all the mail still always gets out.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 5th, 2019 at 11:07:00 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Face
As you may know, USPS was one of those cush jobs you fought for. Bens, pension, and MAD OT. Guys would get their load, sling some, then hit the bar. Bar a couple hours then finish their route on OT.

I remember in the 70's you
had to be Black to get into
the PO. If you weren't, you
had to know somebody who
knew somebody, cause it
was a lifetime job of doing
almost nothing for a whole
lot of money and bennies.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 5th, 2019 at 11:28:45 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Face
.....I could be wrong, but I'm a yute stuck in this bulls#$%.
I thought you were middle aged?

Quote:
The fact that my elders pulled down $150k while I'm f#$%ing killing myself for $48k might make me properly postal, but I'm still showing up every day, and all the mail still always gets out.
"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 5th, 2019 at 12:02:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: petroglyph

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"

Same as the couriers of the Grim Reaper.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 3 of 3<123