Donald's Mexican wall

Page 9 of 9« First<6789
November 2nd, 2019 at 5:13:38 PM permalink
TominNV
Threads: 0
Quote: Evenbob
Yeah, no. There are always initial problems, and problems can and will be solved. They will keep hacking it and we will eventually make it work. That's how these things evolve.

Good point. Trump has only been working on The Wall for about three years as president, plus another one year of planning as a candidate. He still has five more years to get it done, then President Pence can take over. The only possible way he can fail in his promise to build The Wall and Make America Great Again is if he loses next year. If that happens, his entire presidency will be little more than a blip of mediocre market gains, continued debt increases, easily undone executive orders, and very little to defend our freedoms and our way of life being stolen by illegal immigrants.
November 27th, 2019 at 4:01:46 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote:
Some 3 years into President Trump's border wall effort, 8 miles of new wall has been started, with 32 feet completed.

😂😂😂
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 28th, 2019 at 9:14:09 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: TominNV
... little more than a blip of mediocre market gains,

Mediocre?

Election Day Nov. 8, 2016 to Nov. 27, 2019:

DOW 18,332-- 28,164 +54%

Nasdaq 5,166 --- 8,705 +68%

S&P 2,131---- 3,153 +48%
November 28th, 2019 at 9:31:15 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tanko
Mediocre?

Election Day Nov. 8, 2016 to Nov. 27, 2019:

DOW 18,332-- 28,164 +54%

Nasdaq 5,166 --- 8,705 +68%

S&P 2,131---- 3,153 +48%

At least some of the positive uptick is because of Trump. Each individual can decide if the amount of positive uptick because we have Trump and not HRC is worth the 'other stuff'. Since I can't think of a single 'other stuff' thing that has affected my life negatively, other than the general embarrassment of the Trump personna, I am not unhappy with the Trump Presidency. These numbers have me allowed to retire earlier than I had originally planned, EVEN with the tax increase I paid. The WoV portfolio is up 63%. (Started under Obama)

By the way, am I correct that the 'market' is up more than those numbers, because those indices do not include dividends which have been paid?
November 28th, 2019 at 9:55:22 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: SOOPOO
At least some of the positive uptick is because of Trump. Each individual can decide if the amount of positive uptick because we have Trump and not HRC is worth the 'other stuff'. Since I can't think of a single 'other stuff' thing that has affected my life negatively, other than the general embarrassment of the Trump personna, I am not unhappy with the Trump Presidency. These numbers have me allowed to retire earlier than I had originally planned, EVEN with the tax increase I paid. The WoV portfolio is up 63%. (Started under Obama)

By the way, am I correct that the 'market' is up more than those numbers, because those indices do not include dividends which have been paid?

Most people can’t see what the Trump administration is costing them because much of it is opaque or delayed.

Incidentally, a Texas chemical plant has again blown up in a giant fireball. Trump’s EPA removed the requirement for 3rd party independent investigations as too expensive and also removed the requirement for plants to report to the community what kind of chemicals they have on site that came as a result of a previous massive deadly explosion,
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 28th, 2019 at 10:46:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Most people can’t see what the Trump administration is costing them because much of it is opaque or delayed.

Incidentally, a Texas chemical plant has again blown up in a giant fireball. Trump’s EPA removed the requirement for 3rd party independent investigations as too expensive and also removed the requirement for plants to report to the community what kind of chemicals they have on site that came as a result of a previous massive deadly explosion,

A disaster reporting "to the community." Busybodies will try to stop anything they can for no good reason once they hear "chemicals." Had that one happen to me on a small scale. Lots of fuss for zero reason.

You act as if a company wanted a plant to blow up and Trump's sensible deregulation helped that.
The President is a fink.
November 28th, 2019 at 4:46:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: AZDuffman
A disaster reporting "to the community." Busybodies will try to stop anything they can for no good reason once they hear "chemicals." Had that one happen to me on a small scale. Lots of fuss for zero reason.

You act as if a company wanted a plant to blow up and Trump's sensible deregulation helped that.

No, companies think they are smart enough to get away with cost cutting the safety measures and simply collect profits while risking life and limb of others.
Trump-like thinking just has short sighted dollar signs blinding them.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 28th, 2019 at 5:08:16 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
No, companies think they are smart enough to get away with cost cutting the safety measures and simply collect profits while risking life and limb of others.
Trump-like thinking just has short sighted dollar signs blinding them.

Some companies maybe, many not. I trust industry more than government that is for sure.
The President is a fink.
Page 9 of 9« First<6789