I've had FedEx deliveries for years
and have only seen one woman
driver and she didn't last long.
Just today I had two 50 pound
boxes delivered. What woman
can do that all day, throw around
half her body weight. GNS is a
joke.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 31st, 2019 at 10:47:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
I am not sure, I have seen nothing to indicate that?

Really the only thing it will probably do (which I would argue is a good thing even without Trans) is push for gender neutral standards.

So you don’t want standards lowered for women? That is great! I don’t want a firefighter who can’t pick a grown person up.
The President is a fink.
December 31st, 2019 at 10:57:48 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
So you don’t want standards lowered for women? That is great! I don’t want a firefighter who can’t pick a grown person up.

I've always thought that was ridiculous as well. Define standards needed to be a firefighter. If the experts feel you need to be able to carry 100 pounds 100 feet so be it. NO exceptions for gender. NO exceptions for age.
If you want to argue that the standards are too stringent, then that is a separate argument.
December 31st, 2019 at 11:35:15 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman

I agree 100%

Fire departments already have gender neutral standards (which is why even to this day female fire fighters are rare). I remember seeing some reporter doing a walkthrough of some local fire academy, and she asked if there was a female course, and the instructor just looked at her like she was crazy and said "do you think there are male and female fires".

People just think its absurd for the military to do the same.

The new Army PT test is varied only on one factor (Position), there is no age or gender scaling anymore. Anyone of any gender or any age has to meet the same standard as anyone else in that position. So some jobs are drastically more physically demanding than others.
December 31st, 2019 at 12:59:26 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Gandler
I agree 100%

Fire departments already have gender neutral standards (which is why even to this day female fire fighters are rare). I remember seeing some reporter doing a walkthrough of some local fire academy, and she asked if there was a female course, and the instructor just looked at her like she was crazy and said "do you think there are male and female fires".

People just think its absurd for the military to do the same.

The new Army PT test is varied only on one factor (Position), there is no age or gender scaling anymore. Anyone of any gender or any age has to meet the same standard as anyone else in that position. So some jobs are drastically more physically demanding than others.
Do you think that the only qualification for position then, is physical? Will there be no points given for say twenty years experience?

https://youtu.be/1T4K_gAXUTE Just explains the test a bit, and says 2020. So if the Army designs it for 2020, it should roll out when?

Same thing for the firefighters, not every job on a fire crew [or linecrew] is running up the stairs dragging charged 3" lines while the building is on fire. But if you make all the older more experience workers pass that test every year, you will eliminate much of the experience that makes a job safer.

Maybe everyone should retire after twenty years, and that is why the police and firefighters have that clause in their contracts. The physical test might be a good idea for the police as well, see how fast they can catch a methhead running down an alley with a tv set, donut eaters catch a desk.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 31st, 2019 at 1:01:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
I've always thought that was ridiculous as well. Define standards needed to be a firefighter. If the experts feel you need to be able to carry 100 pounds 100 feet so be it. NO exceptions for gender. NO exceptions for age.
If you want to argue that the standards are too stringent, then that is a separate argument.

Stosell got hold of tape of females training and failing miserably. Some standards were lowered for all with some feminazi saying how being dragged out of a burning building was better than being carried.
The President is a fink.
December 31st, 2019 at 7:08:35 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: petroglyph
Do you think that the only qualification for position then, is physical? Will there be no points given for say twenty years experience?

https://youtu.be/1T4K_gAXUTE Just explains the test a bit, and says 2020. So if the Army designs it for 2020, it should roll out when?

Same thing for the firefighters, not every job on a fire crew [or linecrew] is running up the stairs dragging charged 3" lines while the building is on fire. But if you make all the older more experience workers pass that test every year, you will eliminate much of the experience that makes a job safer.

Maybe everyone should retire after twenty years, and that is why the police and firefighters have that clause in their contracts. The physical test might be a good idea for the police as well, see how fast they can catch a methhead running down an alley with a tv set, donut eaters catch a desk.

It's being rolled out now. I beleive last I heard we are supposed to do a record by October 2020, which is actually the start of the 2021 Fiscal Year. https://youtu.be/X9RlS8LZgVc. There is video that breaks down each graded event.

But, no, of course there is far more to any position than physical stats. However, I only bring it up because, physical tests are normally what are scaled to gender and age. The minimum standards are just to make sure anyone can handle the basic physical strain.

As for firefighters, I am not a firefighter, but I am sure that they want everyone on a crew capable of doing every job. I am sure that there are easier positions than others. Police do have PT tests as well (also gender neutral, less intensive than fire tests, which is why there is a lot more gender diversity in police forces.)

I don't think people need to retire in 20 years, you just need to work to stay in shape if you have a job where physical stamina matters. There are plenty of old firemen and policemen who can pass the standards.
December 31st, 2019 at 7:53:27 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
deleted
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 15th, 2020 at 2:27:07 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Remember when this stuff was
funny? It still is, just not in public.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 15th, 2020 at 2:39:13 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
Remember when this stuff was
funny? It still is, just not in public.

Norm is hilarious! 🤣🤣🤣

I still like this one myself............