Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
He makes a cameo appearance, which
is meaningless. Doesn't matter, 2 was
the only good one. Great story and
great early CGI. Remember how amazed
we were at some of it? Kid stuff now..

Saw Terminator Dark Fate last night.

Arnold's role is definitely more than just a cameo. Movie is 2 hours 10 minutes, Arnold shows up 1 hour 10 minutes in and is there for the rest of the movie.

He is also appears briefly in the very first scene of the movie (it takes place shortly after T2 via some CGI de-aging on him, Linda Hamilton, and Edward Furlong).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 1st, 2019 at 5:58:48 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: ams288
Saw Terminator Dark Fate last night.

What's your overall review?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
November 1st, 2019 at 8:25:09 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Wizard
What's your overall review?

I enjoyed it. It's an entertaining movie with some nice action sequences. If anyone goes in expecting some deep sci-fi film, they will be disappointed. This one is more focused on having the new characters interact with the old ones while occasionally getting chased by robots. Thankfully all the characters are likeable.

It's nowhere near as good as the first two Terminator movies, but definitely better than the last couple, which I thought were awful. Story-wise, this one just completely ignores all the other movies besides T1 and T2, which was a good idea.

The real reason to see it is to see Linda Hamilton reprise her Sarah Connor role, one of the all-time great female characters. And she does not disappoint.
November 1st, 2019 at 9:25:07 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I didn't realize (or probably forgot) Linda Hamilton was James Cameron's ex-wife.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 1st, 2019 at 10:33:22 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: rxwine
I didn't realize (or probably forgot) Linda Hamilton was James Cameron's ex-wife.

He is known for sleeping with his leading ladies. He is currently on his fifth wife.
Page 4 of 4<1234