I need you to come into work this weekend

March 19th, 2019 at 4:36:20 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Keep a journal Ace. This assignment is way outside of your job description. Photo's would be a nice touch once it comes down to the settlement, including the NDA.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 19th, 2019 at 5:54:33 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Evenbob
He wants you to quit, these are
timeless methods he's using.
Embarrass you in front of
others, demean you by giving
you jobs far beneath what
your position calls for.

When you do quit, he wins. Is
that what you want? I would make
them fire me and then sue them.
I would never let a prick like that
win.

Sometimes you have to let them win to move on with your life
My mom and sister gave me an earful and told me to never give up a job with benefits
March 19th, 2019 at 6:01:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Three choices. Stay there and take it. Quit. Or
get yourself fired. The first 2 are illogical.
You've been there a short time, getting
fired won't affect your resume.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 19th, 2019 at 6:02:38 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: Evenbob
Three choices. Stay there and take it. Quit. Or
get yourself fired. The first 2 are illogical.
You've been there a short time, getting
fired won't affect your resume.

Protege's reputation in the legal community is S**T so I will certainly keep it on my resume and explain to potential employers
March 19th, 2019 at 7:47:48 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
Quote: aceofspades
Protege's reputation in the legal community is S**T so I will certainly keep it on my resume and explain to potential employers

I wouldn’t. No employers I’ve met would want to hear that, even if true and it is well known. They want to hear that you are able to work collaboratively with all kinds of difficult people.

I’m with Bob, get yourself fired and leave it off the resume.
March 20th, 2019 at 6:13:04 AM permalink
aceofspades
so i spoke with the Owner - apparently, before I got to work, the sassy secretary and the copy guy had a big conversation telling him that the protege is the worst and everyone hates working with him - so, when I went in and told him I needed to talk he said he knew what I wanted to tell him because the secretary and copy guy already spoke to him

I told him I had no idea they spoke with him nor did I know what they said

I laid it out that if i had to continue working with the protege that I would not be able to continue - he called the secretary in and told her what I said and then informed us he would talk to the protege and tell him to stop treating people badly

So, if he talks to the protege later today around lunchtime, I will say the protege will abide for about 2 hours - then it will go back to the usual - so, I do not have my hopes up
March 20th, 2019 at 7:22:13 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I laid it out that if i had to continue working with the protege that I would not be able to continue - he called the secretary in and told her what I said and then informed us he would talk to the protege and tell him to stop treating people badly

Congrats, I am glad you finally stood up and said your peace. If it continues, you need to confront the protege.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 20th, 2019 at 7:50:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

So, if he talks to the protege later today around lunchtime, I will say the protege will abide for about 2 hours - then it will go back to the usual - so, I do not have my hopes up

2 hours. Oh, you optimists!

Listening to this, is there a better play here? Would it be possible to keep handing the protege rope?

Or is the protege less experienced? On that note I had an inexperienced supervisor once. I mean a statement he made was not just wrong but it was wrong on a thing you learn the first day of training before lunch. I called him over on an issue once and he gave a condescending tone to which I gave such a flat and direct answer he was gobsmacked. If the guy falls into this kind it seems letting himself get shown up might help.
The President is a fink.
March 20th, 2019 at 7:51:41 AM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: DRich
Congrats, I am glad you finally stood up and said your peace. If it continues, you need to confront the protege.

Already out running an errand for him picking up a file at the courthouse SMH
March 20th, 2019 at 9:01:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Already out running an errand for him picking up a file at the courthouse SMH

A shame that you got stuck in traffic for an hour.
The President is a fink.