No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (30%)

10 members have voted

January 11th, 2019 at 8:49:49 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Evenbob
Have they ever apologized for burning witches and persecuting Jews and for the religious wars they started and for the Inquisitions that didn't end till the
20th century?

In fact Pope John Paul made over 100 apologies for those events and many others
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_apologies_made_by_Pope_John_Paul_II
January 11th, 2019 at 10:09:45 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
In fact Pope John Paul made over 100 apologies for those events and many others

Such a pathetic joke the Church is,
do what you want, ruin countless
lives, then just apologize years or
centuries later and it's all good.
No wonder the Vatican lost all it's
power, the most irresponsible
organization of the planet.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 13th, 2019 at 6:58:39 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
It would seem that a hallmark of a responsible organization is to apologize for mistakes. Especially when that organization is older than every other institution in human history. Think about all the things our wonderful young country needs to apologize for in its short time of existence. This doesn't make America a pathetic joke. We are proud to be Americans even if there are some or even many of the things in our past we need to apologize for. In regards to the Church it is also the largest charitable organization in the world that has done more good, spiritual and material, than any other.

I hear that Russia has troll farms whose existence is just about spreading misinformation and confusion about certain things. I think Bob might be a single person farm just to spread hate and misinformation about Catholicism wherever he goes. So sad and I don't know how to engage him to really address truth because he hides from me now.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
January 13th, 2019 at 9:38:00 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Please suspend EB and FrG. Hijacking 4 corner state thread is a high crime or misdemeanor at least. (You can suspend me too if you want)!
January 13th, 2019 at 9:45:41 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: SOOPOO
Please suspend EB and FrG. Hijacking 4 corner state thread is a high crime or misdemeanor at least. (You can suspend me too if you want)!

They're attached at the hip for 4 years now. Sometimes the punishments dole themselves =)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 13th, 2019 at 9:51:27 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Face
They're attached at the hip for 4 years now. Sometimes the punishments dole themselves =)
lol. how true. Canyou imagine a worse hell than the two of them locked in a room for eternity? Add in being given meals preparedby fleastiff and the inquisition will recede into history.
January 13th, 2019 at 10:03:13 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
lol. how true. Canyou imagine a worse hell than the two of them locked in a room for eternity? .

Or just an hour here on earth. Shudder..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 13th, 2019 at 10:08:07 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: SOOPOO

I don't start these hijackings and if they weren't such virulent lies and hate speech I wouldn't feel I have to respond.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
Page 6 of 6« First<3456