KNathan's Corner

Thread Rating:

December 18th, 2018 at 7:23:42 PM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Quote: Wizard
Why not?
It was a long time ago. I really don’t remember. I normally don’t work when we have a second register open.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
December 19th, 2018 at 1:02:05 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Anyone wanna answer my Frosty question? Milkshake or soft serve ice cream? :/ ;)
December 19th, 2018 at 1:23:25 AM permalink
KNathan
Better movie taglines than the actual taglines? Spoilers.

The Hunger Games. Actual tagline. "The world will be watching." Better tagline. "The only Lottery you don't want to win(The Hunger Games is a death match of 24 Adolescents/Tributes. They kill each other until one is left. The winner gets fame and riches for themselves and food for their entire District for a year. The Tributes are chosen from a Reaping/Lottery as whatever paper Effie Trinket chooses is the Tribute who has to fight in an Arena. The fact that a Tribute is most likely to be killed in the Arena makes this a horrible Lottery) Although the world does watch the Arena fights, (Actual Tagline) my tagline is much better. :)
December 19th, 2018 at 2:41:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Question for the forum -- if the sign at the supermarket says 10 items or less, is that a hard and fast rule, or more of a suggestion?

Back in my day it was mostly a suggestion, but most people did it on their honor. For the most part, if you bought more you were buying a lot more. And one store I worked at had only 8 lanes so the pressure was higher than today when there might be 20-30.

I will sometimes sneak in with 1-3 over if the express is not busy and the other lines are.

I haven't been to my local Wendy's in about 5 years after a cashier was totally rude and incompetent in filling an unusual order.
The President is a fink.
December 19th, 2018 at 7:23:27 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: KNathan
Anyone wanna answer my Frosty question? Milkshake or soft serve ice cream? :/ ;)

I thought it was a rhetorical question. The viscosity of a Frosty is pretty high. If forced, I would say soft serve ice cream.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 19th, 2018 at 7:27:39 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: KNathan
Better tagline. "The only Lottery you don't want to win

Have you read/seen The Lottery by Shirley Jackson? You wouldn't want to win that lottery either.

Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQQoMCaUz5Y
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 19th, 2018 at 2:51:16 PM permalink
KNathan
I thought it was a rhetorical question. The viscosity of a Frosty is pretty high. If forced, I would say soft serve ice cream.

That's what I was leaning more towards myself too. :)
December 19th, 2018 at 7:38:52 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Have you read/seen The Lottery by Shirley Jackson? You wouldn't want to win that lottery either.

Even made The Simpsons episode

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDa0FiYiAJs

That short story was published the same year that Nineteen Eighty Four was written.

December 21st, 2018 at 9:23:44 AM permalink
KNathan
Wait a minute. You can cuss on DT? I saw a blatant, uncensored cuss word on DT and the poster wasn't banned. That blew my mind.
January 5th, 2019 at 4:35:03 AM permalink
KNathan
Oh my God, my first love from high school when I was 16 and I keep running into each other frequently in recent times. :) In high school we would talk a lot in both school and after school. He even introduced me to his friends. I'll call him Patrick. We saw each other yesterday again. And the funny thing is l, I wrote a short story when I was 14 about a White guy named Patrick who falls in love with a Black girl named Tracy. He had brown hair and brown eyes. Two years later, I coincidentally fell in love with a white guy named Patrick who had brown eyes and brown hair. Wow, what an interesting coincidence that I happened to fall in love with someone who not only looked like my character, but had the same exact first name as him. He mentioned yesterday that he's known me half his life. :) (He's 36 and I am 34. :) I never did fully get over Patrick and I feel like he's my soulmate. :)