8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

February 26th, 2019 at 8:50:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
The Constitution gives the President all kinds of powers I don't have. He has exceptional powers, we needn't feel guilty for exceptional scrutiny.

The one and only reason the other
side ever wants medical, tax, school
records released is too dig up dirt
on the person. They don't want
to see if he's a great guy, they want
to bury him.

Those kind of records should always
be kept private on both sides.
Besides, 100 IRS Lib insiders have
seen Trump's returns by now and
if there was something damning
we would have heard about it
before the election when Obama
still ran the IRS. We heard bupkis.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 26th, 2019 at 9:51:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
The one and only reason the other
side ever wants medical, tax, school
records released is too dig up dirt
on the person. They don't want
to see if he's a great guy, they want
to bury him.

Those kind of records should always
be kept private on both sides.
Besides, 100 IRS Lib insiders have
seen Trump's returns by now and
if there was something damning
we would have heard about it
before the election when Obama
still ran the IRS. We heard bupkis.

Guess Obama had some stellar academic performance, by that logic. And wtf, you want to hire someone (essentially) and keep your head in the sand. You guys should want to know also, not just the detractors.

It's idiotic. Tell me nothing, because it might be bad? That's really idiotic. Where else do you do this? Let's not check out references on the baby sitter as we may find out she's suspected of child abuse. Don't check the school bus driver's record, he might have been in several accidents. WTF.
I"d check my bankers history if I could.

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY WE GET SUCH BAD POLITICIANS ASK YOURSELF WHY FREAKING HELL DO YOU JUST GO BY WHAT THEY TELL YOU WHEN THEY COULD SHOW YOU RECORDS.

Who's the damn fool for some of these characters we get. It's us that allow it.

Hey let's hire Bernie Madeoff but don't tell me too much about him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 26th, 2019 at 10:05:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Good reason to look at tax records is because finance is also security concern of the US. If you don't keep your own house in order === or look like a scheming conman, tax cheat, tax evader, eh??
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 27th, 2019 at 12:31:10 AM permalink
Evenbob
Good reason to look at tax records is because

You can wail and stomp your foot all
you want, you only want records so
you can find dirt somebody did 25
years ago and use it against them.

Obama refused to release his college
records, never gave a list of the
clients he had at the law firm he
worked at, and did he ever release
his birth certificate? I don't remember
you screaming about any of that.

My guess is Trump gave a lot more
money to Lib causes than he wants
known, that's why we won't see them.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 27th, 2019 at 2:36:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Still I don't understand the reluctance to know a lot about the person running the entire country.

It is called not caring about what is not important.

The ones who's taxes would be worth seeing are members of congress who make less than $200K per year at their day job but are worth 10s of millions of dollars. Then you might find something interesting.
The President is a fink.
February 27th, 2019 at 4:28:19 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: kenarman
Mike you are moving away from one of the fundamental rights and tenets of Western democracies. You are assuming guilt and asking your presidential candidate to prove innocence. Rules like this are just one more nail in the coffin of freedom. Maybe we can just burn him at the stake to see if he survives to proof his innocence. That was once an accepted method.

I'm not asking them to run for office. If they do, I like to see proof of innocence. Same as an employer might ask a potential employee to take a drug test. You want my vote, play by my rules.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 27th, 2019 at 7:00:32 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Wizard
I'm not asking them to run for office. If they do, I like to see proof of innocence. Same as an employer might ask a potential employee to take a drug test. You want my vote, play by my rules.

If they are actually the real tax records then they have been approved by the IRS. If the law of the land has approved them uninformed regular citizens should not be able to be look at them. This relentless pressure on anybody that wants to serve the public in some capacity is why we get such nuts now. Who in their right mind would want to run for public office and deal with a magnifying glass on their lives and family. I expect that nobody on this forum from either side would pass such scrutiny.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 27th, 2019 at 10:19:57 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: kenarman
Who in their right mind would want to run for public office and deal with a magnifying glass on their lives and family. I expect that nobody on this forum from either side would pass such scrutiny.

That's a fair point. I do not insist on a former Eagle Scout for president, as was the case with Gerald Ford, but I like to weigh as much as I can into my decision. I think the fact I buy souls for $10 might not look good to a certain voting block if I ran.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 27th, 2019 at 10:52:11 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Wizard
I think the fact I buy souls for $10 might not look good to a certain voting block if I ran.

If you paid more it would make you
look better. You can have mine for
$1,000..
February 27th, 2019 at 12:06:51 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Evenbob
Obama refused to release his college
records, never gave a list of the
clients he had at the law firm he
worked at, and did he ever release
his birth certificate?

Obama released his birth certificate on June 13, 2008.
Obama released his birth certificate again on April 26, 2011.
On October 31, 2008 the Hawaii State Department of Health publicly announced that the birth certificate was real and legitimate.
On July 28, 2009 the director of the Hawaii State Department of Health re-affirmed that the birth certificate was real and legitimate.