8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

February 11th, 2019 at 11:54:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Kamala Harris’ A.G. Office Tried to Keep Inmates Locked Up for Cheap Labor

"According to court filings, lawyers for the state said California met benchmarks, and argued that if certain potential parolees were given a faster track out of prison, it would negatively impact the prison’s labor program including one that allowed certain inmates to work fighting California’s wildfires for about $2 a day. "

She is not a very good human being.
The President is a fink.
February 11th, 2019 at 12:37:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman

She is not a very good human being.

She was a peach when she was AG,
wait till rest of it oozes out..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 11th, 2019 at 12:47:02 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Evenbob
She was a peach when she was AG,
wait till rest of it oozes out..

You do realized that inside every peach there is a nut.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 11th, 2019 at 1:40:06 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: Evenbob
Because it's Trump, you want to ignore
the spirit of the bet and instead nitpick
the details.

No, I'm a literalist. It doesn't matter if it's Trump.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
February 11th, 2019 at 1:50:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Dalex64
No, I'm a literalist. .

Missing the point is a literalist's
specialty.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 11th, 2019 at 2:15:23 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Kamala Harris Supports ‘Some Type of’ Slavery Reparations

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaking/kamala-i-want-reparations/

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/02/11/kamala-harris-supports-some-type-of-slavery-reparations/

Quote:
“Where do you stand on some form of reparations for black people? Here you see Mayor De Blasio saying the marijuana economy could be a form of reparations. Marianne Williamson says black people should get a hundred billion in slave reparations–like, where do you stand on it?” Charlamagne asked.

Harris responded:
Well look, I think that we have got to address that again, it’s back to the inequities. There, through–look, America has a history of 200 years of slavery. We had Jim Crow. We had legal segregation in America for a very long time. The Voting Rights Act was only strong for 50 years and then they wiped it out with this United States Supreme Court in the Shelby decision, to the point that 22 states immediately thereafter put in place laws that one court found were crafted with surgical precision to have black people not be able to vote.”

So we’ve got to recognize, back to that earlier point, people aren’t starting out on the same base, in terms of their ability to succeed and so we have got to recognize that and give people a lift up. And, there are a number of ways to do it. Part of my initiative again around the ‘Lift Act’ is that same point–you lifting people up who are making less than a hundred thousand dollars a year. What I want to do about rent is the same thing. What we need to do around education and understanding disparities, what we need to do around HBCUs. But we have a history of racism in America.

Charlamagne asked again, “So you are for some type of reparations?”

“Yes I am, yes I am,” Harris responded.
emphasis mine
Let's go Brandon
February 11th, 2019 at 2:18:38 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: fleaswatter
Charlamagne asked again, “So you are for some type of reparations?”

“Yes I am, yes I am,” Harris responded.emphasis mine

"some type" talk about vague and overall meaningless
Much ado about nothing if nothing is concrete
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 11th, 2019 at 2:19:28 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Starting about the 2:10 point in the video, Trump says that he would pay the million if "she takes the test and it shows she is an Indian."

The big question is what does it mean to be an "Indian." I hate to get into percentages, but a smidgen of Indian blood should not qualify as being an Indian. So, I have to take Trump's side on this one.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 11th, 2019 at 2:48:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Wizard
but a smidgen of Indian blood should not qualify as being an Indian. So, I have to take Trump's side on this one.

Exactly. Proving you're an Indian would
be enough Indian blood to be accepted
by a tribe. That's the one and only criteria.
Otherwise you're just a wannabee..
February 11th, 2019 at 3:58:05 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I think there is a difference between being an Indian by blood and by tribal citizenship, if that is the correct term. Kind of like you can be Chinese by race and/or by citizenship. For purposes of the challenge, it is clear Trump was talking about by blood, because part of the challenge was taking a DNA test.

I made a friend at Burning Man who was Tlingit by tribe. She identified herself strongly as a member of that tribe, but didn't seem to like making any generalizations about Native Americans in general. She did find the term Indian to be very offensive, which I take to be a Canadian thing.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber