playing it very close to the
vest, far more of them than in
16. TDS is very real and
people fear saying they like
Trump. Even with more people
lying Trump is still closing the
gap, meaning support for
Biden is weak.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 2nd, 2020 at 11:59:11 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
If I was as confident as EB is, I'd be the worst fool on Earth not to rake in the money on such sure thing bets.

Conclude what you will. lol.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 3rd, 2020 at 3:11:41 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Pacomartin
If Biden wins Hillary 232 EC votes, plua PA20 and MI 16 that would be 268. He would have to win Maine's 2nd congressional district.

Of course Trump would have won 28 states.

If no general election candidate receives a majority of the electoral votes—270—the Constitution requires that the House of Representatives will elect the president.
And if that anti-democratic process isn’t bad enough, consider this perverse clause in the Constitution: Each state would receive one vote regardless of population. California, with nearly 40 million citizens, gets one vote. Wyoming, with fewer than 600,000, gets one vote. Go figure.

Each House delegation would caucus and cast that state’s vote. How would that work out this fall? Thirty-two state delegations are controlled by Republicans, 15 by Democrats, three evenly split. The District of Columbia and the territories cannot vote.

The chances of that outcome not generating massive protests are about equal to this guy taking the toilet tissue offered to him by Robin. In particular if some of the states that voted for Biden end up voting for Trump because of the Republican control of the House delegation.

Don’t forget the part where the House decides from amongst the top THREE EV vote getters. Theoretically, someone who wasn’t even running could become POTUS.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 3rd, 2020 at 3:13:19 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Evenbob
Sure it did, just not to the
level it's happening now.
Trump's numbers were
understated and
Clinton's were overstated.
They evened up closer to
the election, when actually
they were tight all along.

This time, because of TDS,
Trump supporters are
playing it very close to the
vest, far more of them than in
16. TDS is very real and
people fear saying they like
Trump. Even with more people
lying Trump is still closing the
gap, meaning support for
Biden is weak.

Again, I agree with your entire first paragraph. I just disagree with your arbitrary Trump +15 number.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 3rd, 2020 at 1:23:53 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
My best guess is if Biden
is ahead by 5 points, Trump
is the one who's really
ahead by 15 to 20 points.
+100

That's what the libbies don't understand. The reason why the polls don't matter if they show Creepy Joe ahead is because they're biased in his favor!!

But like you said, if a poll shows Creepy Joe up by 5, then Trump is certainly ahead by double digits.
And of course, that's why the libbies will rely on voter fraud now to try and close the gap. 🙄
September 3rd, 2020 at 2:35:20 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Shrek
that's why the libbies will rely on voter fraud now to try and close the gap. 🙄

They'll try it, just like they tried
the coup to get Trump. It won't
work, massive voter fraud is
harder than it sounds. They
thought the fake pee tape and
Russia Russia Russia would
work. They even impeached
Trump and he's going to be
reelected.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 3rd, 2020 at 9:02:26 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Mission146
Don’t forget the part where the House decides from amongst the top THREE EV vote getters. Theoretically, someone who wasn’t even running could become POTUS.

The 1824 electoral votes were divided. So under the 12th amendment, Henry Clay was removed from the contingent election. Of course, he traded his votes to Adams in exchange for the Secretary of State position and Adams was elected POTUS over Jackson. So Jackson formed the Democratic party.
99 Andrew Jackson
84 John Quincy Adams
41 William H. Crawford
37 Henry Clay

If I understand your comment, you are saying that faithless electors that votes for Governor Andrew Cuomo or Mitt Romney would permit them to be eligible for the contingent election. Theoretically, if 2016 had been thrown into a contingent election than Colin Powell would be eligible.

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell, 3 votes
Senator Bernie Sanders, 1 vote (plus 2 invalidated)
Governor John Kasich, 1 vote (plus 1 invalidated)
Former Representative Ron Paul, 1 vote
Activist and politician Faith Spotted Eagle, 1 vote

So if Biden wins 268 votes but is showing overt signs of dementia, and Wisconsin is in hopeless dispute, the Representatives could agree to elect a 3rd candidate that is acceptable to both parties to prevent the cities from being burned down.
President Mike Pence and Vice President Kamala Harris?
September 4th, 2020 at 4:40:52 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Pacomartin
The 1824 electoral votes were divided. So under the 12th amendment, Henry Clay was removed from the contingent election. Of course, he traded his votes to Adams in exchange for the Secretary of State position and Adams was elected POTUS over Jackson. So Jackson formed the Democratic party.
99 Andrew Jackson
84 John Quincy Adams
41 William H. Crawford
37 Henry Clay

If I understand your comment, you are saying that faithless electors that votes for Governor Andrew Cuomo or Mitt Romney would permit them to be eligible for the contingent election. Theoretically, if 2016 had been thrown into a contingent election than Colin Powell would be eligible.

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell, 3 votes
Senator Bernie Sanders, 1 vote (plus 2 invalidated)
Governor John Kasich, 1 vote (plus 1 invalidated)
Former Representative Ron Paul, 1 vote
Activist and politician Faith Spotted Eagle, 1 vote

So if Biden wins 268 votes but is showing overt signs of dementia, and Wisconsin is in hopeless dispute, the Representatives could agree to elect a 3rd candidate that is acceptable to both parties to prevent the cities from being burned down.
President Mike Pence and Vice President Kamala Harris?

That's a great breakdown and is exactly what I'm referring to. It's unlikely, but theoretically possible. It's also one of the main reasons that I think the Electoral College system makes little sense.

Personally, I would say that if you are going to basically keep the Electoral College system in place, then the secondary decider should be who got the most in popular votes. It's pretty wild that popular votes can theoretically not play a factor at all. We say, "Representative Democracy," but what were any of those Electoral Votes that you mentioned representative of? From what I can tell, Faith Spotted Eagle literally did not garner a single popular vote, so that EC vote was representative of literally nobody at all.

Powell seems to have had 25 popular votes, so that's one EC vote for every 8.33 people who voted for him...which isn't exactly what I would call representative of the population. Relative to popular vote, Bernie Sanders almost earned half of an EC vote. Of the ones who Faithless Electors went for...that's the closest to making any sense...even though he lost the Democratic Nomination.
September 6th, 2020 at 11:15:10 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The Biden ads online drive me nuts.
Lots of them feature old people.
"Joe understands the elderly" says
the narrator. THAT'S BECAUSE HE'S
ONE OF THEM!!! He's OLD! He looks
older than the people he's talking
to in the rest home. How can anybody
look at this old old guy and think he
would last 6 months in the most
active, stressful job on earth. Is
this a joke? Hello president Harris.
Good god..
September 6th, 2020 at 11:44:25 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
How can anybody
look at this old old guy and think he
would last 6 months in the most
active, stressful job on earth. Is
this a joke? Hello president Harris.
Good god..

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman