8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

April 4th, 2020 at 12:24:20 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Gandler
Do you mean nobody actively ran or put their names on the ballot?

If that is your question, I would guess the President would be appointed by a vote in congress similarly to if there is no clear electoral winner?

No, I mean everyone withdraws. Might even already be early votes cast if it's late October.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 4th, 2020 at 1:12:05 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Is that real? Sounds like someone failing a roadside DUI test.

Absolutely real. He constantly loses
his place while reading and has to
talk for real and that's what he sounds
like. Even while reading he screws it
up constantly. It's the onset of dementia
the experts say, sometimes lucid, then
wandering off script because he forgets
what he's doing.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 4th, 2020 at 1:33:47 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Absolutely real. He constantly loses
his place while reading and has to
talk for real and that's what he sounds
like. Even while reading he screws it
up constantly. It's the onset of dementia
the experts say, sometimes lucid, then
wandering off script because he forgets
what he's doing.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 4th, 2020 at 2:06:26 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: SOOPOO
But Biden now is not running against Trump. He is running against Sanders. And was against Harris, Booker, Castro, Williamson, etc... There are non sexual predator options available.

I guess my question is simple. Should the Democrats nominate an accused sexual predator? I mean, really, the only answer some can come up with is "Well Trump is bad, too?" Is that what the Democrat party stands for?

I am playing big Devil's advocate here, by the way. I don't think Joe should not keep running if he is maintaining his innocence. And the 'offenses' Franken committed to me were only offenses if you want to think of them that way. I would have apologized, and then let the voters decide if I was suitable for re-election.
But the Democrat party has tied it's carriage to the horse that says "#believethewomen". Until the woman accuses one of theirs....

Should the Democrats nominate an accused sexual predictor? I think that depends on how credible they find the allegations, and whether or not they thought they could get away with it. I don't think they intended "believethewomen" to be absolute, no matter what the woman said. I think credibility matters.

So accused? Yes. Accusations are cheap. There ought to be an investigation, and the investigation ought to be allowed to talk to more people than just her and her character witnesses.

They better hurry, though.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
April 4th, 2020 at 2:13:40 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: rxwine
No, I mean everyone withdraws. Might even already be early votes cast if it's late October.

Individual states still need to come up with electors.
If they don't, or if not enough votes go to whoever those electors vote for, then Congress decides.

The house picks the president, and the Senate picks the vice president. You still need people who have received electoral votes, though.

If that doesn't happen, i suppose the supreme court would have to make something up. When their terms expired in January, you'd get acting president Pelosi.
I think the court would have to decide how and when to conduct a delayed election to replace her.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
April 4th, 2020 at 2:25:59 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Btw, SOOPOO, back when Kamala Harris was running some of you considered her candidacy disgraced by allegedly sleeping her way to a position. That's the time to put the screws on a candidate. It may have even hurt her.

Unlike Kavenaugh, this lady knew Biden was running since he announced. WTF. I'm not calling her a liar, but Fox would have run with a credible accusation in prime time. Or perhaps an incredible one.

I'm still not saying she isn't free to take whatever action she likes. Just appears to have some extra political spin.

Not disagreeing with you about her credibility. Actually, seems eerily familiar to Kavanaugh accusation.

Just as the Democrats touted the woman who accused Kavanaugh.... I expect the Republicans to do the same. It is possible they don't due to there being an allegation or two or fifteen about their candidate?
April 4th, 2020 at 8:48:05 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Btw, what would happen if all presidential candidates withdrew their candidacy in October? Know, or take your best guess.

If a candidate vacates the ticket after they are nominated, either because of death or withdrawal, the party selects a replacement. Both the Republican and the Democratic parties have rules in their bylaws governing how to fill the vacancy. The Party Chair calls a meeting of the National Committee, and the Committee members at the meeting vote to fill the vacancy on the ticket. A candidate must receive a majority of the votes to win the party's nod.

In the Democratic case, the superdelegates appoint the new candidate. Since Bernie Saunders does not have a majority of the delegates, he is not automatically the choice of the DNC.

Char and Vice Chair of the DNC (Tom Perez, and Keith Ellison)

If Joe Biden were to win the election and then die or withdraw before the electoral college vote, the DNC would choose the replacement. They are not obligated to choose the Vice President elect (whoever she is), but they probably would.

If Joe Biden were to win the election and then die after the electoral college vote, the vice President elect would be sworn in on 20 January 2021. The DNC has no say in this case.
April 6th, 2020 at 10:03:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
There was an interview yesterday with
Biden and his wife about the virus.
For 3 min his wife talked and
Joe sat there with a maroon grin
on his face, saying nothing. Then
it was over and Biden had never
uttered a word. They have stumbled
on the secret, never let Old Joe talk!
lol
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 8th, 2020 at 8:28:26 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Bernie FINALLY suspends his campaign.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 8th, 2020 at 10:36:42 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Bernie FINALLY suspends his campaign.

His concession speech was pathetic. Suspending his campaign but still wants people to vote for him and will still accumulate delegates. It was clear as a bell that this is what he was saying.

"You idiots voted for Biden over me. Maybe we will be lucky and he will die and I'll have the most delegates and be the nominee."

Sanders is a cancer to our society, and I'm hoping he is gone from the Presidential scene forever. He is more dangerous to our way of life than any person on the planet.