8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

March 15th, 2020 at 5:47:19 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Excellent Debate so far tonight.

I am not a huge fan of either canidate, but its refreshing to hear civil dialogue in politicts.

Its also nice to not have 10 people talking over each other.
March 16th, 2020 at 1:26:27 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Biden has dementia. He repeatedly called
the coronavirus 'ebola' over and over
in the debate. At times he went off
into incoherent rants. It was embarrassing.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 16th, 2020 at 1:54:48 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
March 16th, 2020 at 5:36:05 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I understand that Joe Biden wanted the headline today coming out of the debate. He got it...but he also told the world that he isn't going to pick the best person to be the Vice Presidential candidate, but that he is going to pick the best woman for the position.

I think that it was using a bullet that he needn't fire at this point. His enemy in this election is on his heels and is really running to have a place at the table and not to be the winner...or, more cynically, in case Biden has an issue that keeps him from continuing before the election. I don't believe the later and Biden has been better without the stress of being in multiple places in a day. Now the news is out; he will get some pop from the naming the person, but he has given away a big part of the story.

Strategically, I would have saved that bullet for later as the race moves past Bernie and on to a focus on Trump alone. The person named at that point would then be announced as the best person for the job.

The debate was a lot better than the uncontrolled one earlier.
March 16th, 2020 at 6:53:55 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
That pesky fake news says that Biden misspoke "SARS" once and Sanders mispoke "Ebola" once.

As for a VP pick, why can't he have picked the best person for the job, she has already accepted, and they are just waiting for the right time to announce it?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 16th, 2020 at 7:10:20 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: Dalex64
That pesky fake news says that Biden misspoke "SARS" once and Sanders mispoke "Ebola" once.

Disease

coronavirus disease
(COVID-19)

Virus

severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
(SARS-CoV-2)

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/technical-guidance/naming-the-coronavirus-disease-(covid-2019)-and-the-virus-that-causes-it
March 16th, 2020 at 8:01:23 AM permalink
Dalex64
Quote: RonC
Disease

coronavirus disease
(COVID-19)

Virus

severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
(SARS-CoV-2)

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/technical-guidance/naming-the-coronavirus-disease-(covid-2019)-and-the-virus-that-causes-it

So Biden wasn't incorrect when he said SARS, and didn't mis-speak on that subject even once during the debate?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 16th, 2020 at 8:16:44 AM permalink
RonC
So Biden wasn't incorrect when he said SARS, and didn't mis-speak on that subject even once during the debate?

I didn't watch the whole debate so I can't comment on that. I am just noting that there is "SARS" in the name of the virus. You'll have to form your own opinion on how he used it and things of that sort.
March 16th, 2020 at 8:31:06 AM permalink
Dalex64
Quote: RonC
I didn't watch the whole debate so I can't comment on that. I am just noting that there is "SARS" in the name of the virus. You'll have to form your own opinion on how he used it and things of that sort.

I didn't watch it at all. I'm just trying to verify EvenBob's assertion that "Biden has dementia. He repeatedly called the coronavirus 'ebola' over and over in the debate. At times he went off into incoherent rants. It was embarrassing."
March 16th, 2020 at 8:37:15 AM permalink
RonC
I didn't watch it at all. I'm just trying to verify EvenBob's assertion that "Biden has dementia. He repeatedly called the coronavirus 'ebola' over and over in the debate. At times he went off into incoherent rants. It was embarrassing."

All I can honestly say is that he seemed coherent and much better than he did earlier, while on the campaign trail, during the time I watched. At the very least, he was not at the top of his game during that time.