2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

March 10th, 2020 at 4:12:33 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Tripdufan
You're so far up the dude's ass you don't know when you're being crapped on.

Personal insult, three-day suspension.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 10th, 2020 at 8:37:33 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
No way a truly senile person could have gotten through Biden's speech tonight. He spoke about current events, time and place and I didn't see any stumbles.
Maybe he slurred two words together three times, but I had to back up my DVR to make sure. And I'm still not sure of one of them.

Biden's weakness may be fatigue, but I didn't see anything to worry about --AT ALL!
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 10th, 2020 at 9:08:25 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Andrew Yang endorses Joe Biden.

This is a great step foward.
March 10th, 2020 at 11:32:41 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
I think Sanders may withdraw and cite public safety because of the coronavirus threat.
March 11th, 2020 at 12:36:55 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
For anybody who thinks there is nothing wrong with Biden,
just watch this video. It's a 2012 debate between Biden and
Paul Ryan. This is just eight years ago. Watch Biden, he's fast,
he's witty, he has a full grasp of every subject. Compare that
Joe Biden to the one we see today. It's a completely different
person. This is what Biden means when he says he looks
forward to debating Trump. He remembers this debate
with Ryan and thinks he's still that guy. He's not, that
guy is long gone.

There is nobody who thinks Biden is capable
of being even half of what this Biden was just
8 years ago.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 11th, 2020 at 3:26:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Andrew Yang endorses Joe Biden.

This is a great step foward.

A guy who thinks you can create money out of thin air endorsing a guy who does not know what year it is. Awesome party they have going there.

'The math says Joe is our prohibitive nominee'----now there is a guy behind Joe!
The President is a fink.
March 11th, 2020 at 3:48:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Looking at the numbers Bernie is 200 delegates behind with a ways to go for both. The field was cleared for Biden same as it was for Hillary twice. Bernie can either fade away or continue Operation Chaos and run to the end, hoping to duplicate Obama by closing the gap here and there. Will he pick up enough freeloaders who want their student loans forgiven to make up for people just voting for the frontrunner? Probably not. Will he keep it close? Depends.

Will we have a 1968 style riot at the convention with angry Bernie supporters (assuming they are not still afraid of coroavirus?) That would be a perfect start to make my prediction of a violent 2020s come true. Note that unlike the folks rooting for people to die from corona to hurt Trump, I do not want this. But I see it happening.

The Bernie-split probably started with OWS around 2010, so is now a decade old. These kinds of movements eventually turn violent when they do not get their way at the ballot box. We saw some of that in 2016. I do not see that they have burned their energy off. To their members going to the convention and getting arrested for protesting is a break from their dreary lives. We shall see what happens.
The President is a fink.
March 11th, 2020 at 4:31:57 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Biden's weakness may be fatigue, but I didn't see anything to worry about --AT ALL!

Let's say that fatigue is all it is and that otherwise he is fine. If he this fatigued with a fairly light daily schedule compared to others, how will he handle the 24/7 job of being President? Being President is a tough job and it requires attention to many different items every day, doing things like speaking to a certain group while knowing something is looming in the background that you must figure out how to address in just a few hours. You are given lots of information that is top secret "eyes only" and have to carefully make remarks regarding touchy subjects involving that info without giving away information.

Our friends on the left, and even some on the right, have been quick to criticize Trump for how he handles and processes things. Some of those criticisms are fair and some are overplayed. I'm not asking you to denounce Biden, but aren't you at least a little concerned about electing a President who at best has huge fatigue issues and at worst is in an age-related mental decline?
March 11th, 2020 at 5:07:39 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I don’t have a damn clue how the election will turn out as a whole, but after last night I feel very confident in my prediction that Donny is doomed in Michigan.

Look at how well Biden did in the suburbs here compared to Hillary in 2016. Lots of white men who wouldn’t vote for Hillary turned out yesterday for Biden.

Donny only won here by ~12,000 votes in 2016. We’ve learned our lesson!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 11th, 2020 at 5:13:37 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
I don’t have a damn clue how the election will turn out as a whole, but after last night I feel very confident in my prediction that Donny is doomed in Michigan.

Look at how well Biden did in the suburbs here compared to Hillary in 2016. Lots of white men who wouldn’t vote for Hillary turned out yesterday for Biden.

Donny only won here by ~12,000 votes in 2016. We’ve learned our lesson!

I am not making any predictions but I would enjoy seeing a list of all predictions here to see who does the best job.

I looked at the numbers for Biden in Michigan and they looked great for him. There is a lot of time between now and the election, but he seems to be in a good position there now.