1 vote (4.54%)
8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

January 6th, 2020 at 4:09:15 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
This video will go right over the libbies heads, but Milton Friedman is freakin brilliant on the minimum wage!

January 6th, 2020 at 11:04:57 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Shrek
That whole idea is totally insane. The only people who believe that are libbies who have never run or managed a business before. It's totally ridiculous to believe that a person should make a comfortable living sweeping floors or washing dishes or flipping burgers for 40 hours a week. That's insanity man!

I agree with you Shrek, except the part about it ‘being insane’ to think otherwise. There are many good points to a high minimum wage. I could list them but won’t. I could list (as you have done already) the many reasons it should not guarantee a minimum wage. I won’t re list them. But geez, can’t you disagree without calling a thoughtful response you disagree with insane? Practice focusing on the factual points that support your position. Seriously, you often compliment me on my points.... notice how I really try (not alwAys perfectly) to stick to the issue discussed without calling someone an idiot if they disagree with me. It makes for a better forum.
January 6th, 2020 at 12:22:20 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
I see people in Family Court all the time arguing for more support money from their ex's telling the Court they cannot afford their bills
Meanwhile they are there with the latest smart phone, Louis Vuitton smart phone case and Gucci handbag
January 6th, 2020 at 12:24:21 PM permalink
Shrek
Quote: SOOPOO
I really try (not alwAys perfectly) to stick to the issue discussed without calling someone an idiot if they disagree with me.
WTF?! You trying to get me in trouble?? I did NOT call anybody an idiot! I called an IDEA insane. People do that all the time here. I can point out at least 10 similar instances if you'd like, but that would require me to unblock people which I'd rather not do.
January 6th, 2020 at 12:27:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
That whole idea is totally insane. The only people who believe that are libbies who have never run or managed a business before. It's totally ridiculous to believe that a person should make a comfortable living sweeping floors or washing dishes or flipping burgers for 40 hours a week. That's insanity man!

I agree with you Shrek, except the part about it ‘being insane’ to think otherwise. There are many good points to a high minimum wage. I could list them but won’t. I could list (as you have done already) the many reasons it should not guarantee a minimum wage. I won’t re list them. But geez, can’t you disagree without calling a thoughtful response you disagree with insane? Practice focusing on the factual points that support your position. Seriously, you often compliment me on my points.... notice how I really try (not alwAys perfectly) to stick to the issue discussed without calling someone an idiot if they disagree with me. It makes for a better forum.

Only people who never managed a business before? Really?

5 successful corporations show what can happen when employees are paid a living wage.

https://www.upworthy.com/5-successful-corporations-show-what-can-happen-when-employees-are-paid-a-living-wage

Of course, granted business owners generally find a living wage as popular an idea as pulling teeth.

(unless they're a dentist)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 6th, 2020 at 12:59:22 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: aceofspades
I see people in Family Court all the time arguing for more support money from their ex's telling the Court they cannot afford their bills
Meanwhile they are there with the latest smart phone, Louis Vuitton smart phone case and Gucci handbag

1. I don’t see how that is relevant to MW, if that is the topic to which you are speaking.

2. Both things could be true, especially if they are referring to credit card bills. Also, they may not have paid for the things that you are saying that they have.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 6th, 2020 at 1:01:07 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
WTF?! You trying to get me in trouble?? I did NOT call anybody an idiot! I called an IDEA insane. People do that all the time here. I can point out at least 10 similar instances if you'd like, but that would require me to unblock people which I'd rather not do.

I don’t think that was the intent of his post nor was it to imply that you directly called anyone an idiot.

The fact that is what you got out of his post, as with so many things, makes me less likely to ever be a Conservative. Soopoo’s post, on the other hand, makes becoming a Conservative infinitesimally more likely for me.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 6th, 2020 at 4:30:26 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Mission146
I don’t think that was the intent of his post nor was it to imply that you directly called anyone an idiot.

The fact that is what you got out of his post, as with so many things, makes me less likely to ever be a Conservative. Soopoo’s post, on the other hand, makes becoming a Conservative infinitesimally more likely for me.

Thanks, Mission. And no, Shrek, I wasn't trying to get you in trouble. I was trying to improve the quality of this forum. You are obviously smart enough to understand the issues, and I generally agree with you. But in a civilized society (or internet forum!) there are ways to talk or post that keep the flow of ideas open. And makes people want to interact with you. I have had LOTS of disagreements on this board. Trust me, ams knows how to push my buttons! Next time you like a post of mine, try this..... Instead of.... SOOPOO has crushed the libbies! How about..... I agree with SOOPOO on.... and I'd add ......
January 6th, 2020 at 4:33:58 PM permalink
Shrek
How about..... I agree with SOOPOO on.... and I'd add ......
Until there's a similar effort by the other side (have you asked them to do the same?), I'll continue to post as I please, thanks. ✌️

*EDIT: Also I was called a 'pedophile' by someone on this board, and AZ was the only one to condemn it. It's kinda hard to play nicey nice with a person who makes accusations like that.
January 6th, 2020 at 4:37:08 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Until there's a similar effort by the other side (have you asked them to do the same?), I'll continue to post as I please, thanks. ✌️

Well then if we ever meet I'll give you a signed autographed picture of me....!!!!