I saw an article recently.
I don't know what you pay for cellular

I actually used my cell phone
for the first time this year. I
called my wife on Sunday when
I was near her house and went
and picked something up.

I pay $20 every 3 months.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 6th, 2018 at 11:11:28 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Evenbob
I pay $20 every 3 months.

The question should really be what do you pay every month for all four communication services (cellular, landline, home ISP, and television) + optional streaming services like Amazon, Netflix, or HBO. Many people who don't have landlines pay only $20-$25 per person for voice only on cellular. They say that there are 35 million people who have never bought a traditional cable or satellite TV package, and another 27 million that used to have one and have dropped it. Some percentage of those people are streaming television, some are watching broadcast with antennas, and some are watching youtube, Netflix, HBO, etc. A small percentage don't watch anything at all.

For a single person AT&T is offering an $80 per month service where you can get 31 television channels, 15 GB Hotspot data to run your laptop and you use a cable to watch TV on a bigger screen than your phone screen. You can add streaming services like Amazon, Netflix, or HBO.

It's not for everyone, but if Spectrum is shut down there may not be another reasonable option.
August 7th, 2018 at 11:34:47 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
I actually used my cell phone
for the first time this year. I
called my wife on Sunday when
I was near her house and went
and picked something up.

My wife and I haven't spoken to each other on the phone in over 3 years. We will text and email daily, but a phone call is just for emergencies.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 7th, 2018 at 1:28:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich
My wife and I haven't spoken to each other on the phone in over 3 years. .

I hate talking on the phone, I want to
quit 30 seconds in. I bet I don't make
3 calls a month on Google phone. I
Skype once a week with my ex priest
friend, that's the total of my weeks
voice contacts.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 7th, 2018 at 7:00:02 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: DRich
My wife and I haven't spoken to each other on the phone in over 3 years. We will text and email daily, but a phone call is just for emergencies.

Scratch Wireless caters to people who like to text (mostly younger people). They sell an unlimited texting service for $69 a year but unfortunately you must buy their phone for $89. When you have wifi at a grocery store or fast food place you can make free wifi calls.

In an emergency you can activate unlimited voice for $15 or 30 days. You have an $8 for 100 minute option, but that seems very expensive 8 cents per minute.

http://www.scratchwireless.com/index.php#plans
Page 2 of 2<12