missedhervee
Threads: 96
Racist cartoons from back in the day.

Racist Cartoons
June 18th, 2021 at 12:22:25 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
deleted
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 27th, 2021 at 11:20:43 PM permalink
Evenbob
I actually got goosebumps when he started playing Mrs. Robinson as he was explaining how he wrote the lyrics. Those guys wrote what was probably the best soundtrack to any movie ever made, The Graduate. Huge talent, The songs from that album were on the radio for years. You still hear it.

lingerie
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 28th, 2021 at 6:28:46 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
It seems to be generally accepted, at least among boomers and gen-x, that Bob Dylan is the best songwriter of all time. But it's not a fact, it's just an opinion. For my money Paul Simon is the GOAT among songwriters followed by Texas legend Townes Van Zandt.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
June 28th, 2021 at 6:47:37 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Tough to top Beethoven or Bach.

These newby upstarts can't hold a candle to the classical masters.

Hell, even Irving Berlin should be in the mix.
June 28th, 2021 at 7:33:50 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: JimRockford
It seems to be generally accepted, at least among boomers and gen-x, that Bob Dylan is the best songwriter of all time. But it's not a fact, it's just an opinion. For my money Paul Simon is the GOAT among songwriters followed by Texas legend Townes Van Zandt.

I'm a huge music fan
Dylan
The catalogue is simply immense
Some of my deep cut faves, Queen Jane Approximately, High Water for Charlie Patton, I am the man Thomas, Visions of Johanna, leopard skinned pill box hat.
Nobody comes close regarding the amount of quality songs.
Paul Simon is up there with quality but not near the quantity.
Both actually toured together and I listened to the recordings.
2 completely different voices trying to sing together on a few songs. Didn't really work for me
I've personally seen Dylan live a ton of times since there is is only one band he was willing to open for and opened a lot of times. The Grateful Dead
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 28th, 2021 at 8:55:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
This guy makes a million dollars a year from YouTube by posting videos about his dog. Just not fair.

June 28th, 2021 at 9:08:57 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: JimRockford

I think Dylan is the only song writer to have won a Nobel Prize.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 28th, 2021 at 9:45:40 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: kenarman
I think Dylan is the only song writer to have won a Nobel Prize.

Bob Dylan is 80 years old and last year he sold his entire 600 song catalog to Universal Music for 300 million dollars. Better to have the money than the music when you're in your 80s. It's amazing he held on to it this long. Michael Jackson and The Beatles sold their catalogs eons ago. Universal Music owns a ton of catalogs including the Rolling Stones.
June 29th, 2021 at 2:55:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
Tough to top Beethoven or Bach.

These newby upstarts can't hold a candle to the classical masters.

Hell, even Irving Berlin should be in the mix.

Those are composers, not songwriters. Songs have words. Songs are built like a house. The chorus is the theme, the foundation. Then the verses fill in the story. Structure.

Think of "Cats in the Cradle." The theme is the father who has to work so much he misses hid kids growing up. The chorus says how "we will have a good time then" but "then" never comes. Each verse shows time going on. The last chorus shifts to how the son becomes the dad and the cycle repeats.

That is how a song is built.
The President is a fink.