Good Friday

Page 7 of 10« First<45678910>
March 31st, 2018 at 1:53:24 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: petroglyph
Thanks for weighing in.

The medical need for some older men to release is more hassle than happiness. It doesn't matter what race, religion color or language a man is, if his body is physically capable of producing ejaculate, he will either make it happen voluntarily or involuntarily. If that activity is neglected for to long, there is absolutely medical proof that the man will get urinary tract infections and other misery's.

I don't think this is true. Medically the body simply absorbs what is not used in sexual activity. While involuntary ejaculations are certainly normal and natural the body has other ways to take care of things without getting urinary tract infections or other miseries. Where did you read that?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
March 31st, 2018 at 1:55:12 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: beachbumbabs
We should feel good about masturbating, though. It's part of a healthy sex life.

I think it is part of a healthy stage in our sex life when we are younger, but it is not a necessary part of an adult's healthy sex life.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
March 31st, 2018 at 2:09:55 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: FrGamble
I think it is part of a healthy stage in our sex life when we are younger, ...

Didn't we get started on this when you wrote that masturbation is wrong? I don't recall an exception for age in your earlier comment.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 31st, 2018 at 2:10:06 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: FrGamble
I don't think this is true. Medically the body simply absorbs what is not used in sexual activity. While involuntary ejaculations are certainly normal and natural the body has other ways to take care of things without getting urinary tract infections or other miseries. Where did you read that?
My local urologist, and the urologist at the Mayo Clinic Phoenix. Get a stout case of epididymitus that swells your testicles to the size of your fist, and you don't forget it.

edit; It goes on the list of stuff no one tells you about when you are young.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 31st, 2018 at 3:39:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
My local urologist, and the urologist at the Mayo Clinic Phoenix.

The Church is convinced self pleasure
is evil, you won't talk them out of it.
It's another way to control people,
so they have something to talk about
in confession.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 31st, 2018 at 3:39:52 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: beachbumbabs
oppressed desires
oppressed or suppressed?

I think most religions try to enforce social norms but social norms vary. Recall perhaps my post about Gaugin taking a series of child brides. It was in Tahiti and it was perfectly proper there yet religious types railed against his art in Europe.
March 31st, 2018 at 4:03:46 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Fleastiff
oppressed or suppressed?

I think most religions try to enforce social norms but social norms vary. Recall perhaps my post about Gaugin taking a series of child brides. It was in Tahiti and it was perfectly proper there yet religious types railed against his art in Europe.

Some of both, I think. I was using "oppressed" to reflect the external pressure to abstain. "Suppressed" would be more self-directed restraint. Either precedes "depressed" . All somewhat tongue-in-cheek. Or tongue somewhere.

Lucky dog. That's all I have to say about that.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
March 31st, 2018 at 4:26:13 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
The Church is convinced self pleasure
is evil, you won't talk them out of it.
They all have a sales pitch.

Quote:
It's another way to control people,
so they have something to talk about
in confession.
The Pharoahs controlled the sun and the afterlife. The Mayan's controlled the weather and time.

The Church uses instinct against us.

It's brilliant. Might as well convince followers growing old is a sin, and arthritis is proof.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 31st, 2018 at 4:43:57 PM permalink
Fleastiff
It's brilliant. Might as well convince followers growing old is a sin, and arthritis is proof.
Arthrits, osteoarthritis, gout, obstructive sleep apnea, peripheral neuropathy and dandruff. I must be quite a sinner.

We often condemn people who lead lives of greater scope and daring than we have the courage to muster.
March 31st, 2018 at 4:43:57 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Arthrits, osteoarthritis, gout, obstructive sleep apnea, peripheral neuropathy and dandruff. I must be quite a sinner.

We often condemn people who lead lives of greater scope and daring than we have the courage to muster.
Page 7 of 10« First<45678910>