Shutdown

Page 6 of 7« First<34567>
January 23rd, 2018 at 1:24:31 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I am seeing a pattern again where a decision made by a democratic majority rule process that isn't agreed with is called "mob rule"
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 23rd, 2018 at 1:34:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Dalex64
I am seeing a pattern again where a decision made by a democratic majority rule process that isn't agreed with is called "mob rule"

I only called it that, because Petro referred to multiple poll results as a mob rule decision and apparently not very important. I was just mocking him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 23rd, 2018 at 1:55:07 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
Just a mob of people who want the law enforced. The USA could use 100 more like him.
It is insane to me, that peoples main complaint with the sheriff is because he is enforcing the law. The whole controversy with illegals doesn't affect most people individually, but it is PC to raise a hissy fit. Never mind all the stuff going on that does affect nearly everyone, and is only found below the fold.

We are fighting at least 7 wars right now, and none of them declared by congress. With all congress shirking their responsibility to vote yea or nay.

Getting angry about Arpaio, is like getting mad at the garbage man for hauling away the trash.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 23rd, 2018 at 2:24:11 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: rxwine
I only called it that, because Petro referred to multiple poll results as a mob rule decision and apparently not very important. I was just mocking him.
You mean all that talk about respect, was ridicule? Is that how you want people and members here on the forum to engage in dialogue, by ridicule and derision?

Well ain't that special.

Sadly to the detriment of the board, posters will not be allowed to have differing opinions without being mocked or called names.

I still appreciate Wizard keeping these forums going for all of us, gratis. To bad some take that gift, and have to act like sassy lil bitches. Sign of the times I suppose?
January 23rd, 2018 at 2:56:20 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: petroglyph
You mean all that talk about respect, was ridicule?

No, just that one part.

Quote:
Is that how you want people and members here on the forum to engage in dialogue, by ridicule and derision?

I really don't care about this as regards what people say. If I think you're right and mean and nasty as hell, I give you more credit for that than anything else.

If I think you're not right, I don't care how you said it. It doesn't impress me. I might even attack you repeatedly for being wrong.

In between that, I just act civil if right or wrong is not a question or not important.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 23rd, 2018 at 3:31:38 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
It is insane to me, that peoples main complaint with the sheriff is because he is enforcing the law. The whole controversy with illegals doesn't affect most people individually, but it is PC to raise a hissy fit. Never mind all the stuff going on that does affect nearly everyone, and is only found below the fold.

The PC types do not like what America is and want to change our cultural make-up. Has been happening since 1964 when immigration law changed.
The President is a fink.
January 23rd, 2018 at 4:08:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
The PC types do not like what America is and want to change our cultural make-up. Has been happening since 1964 when immigration law changed.

How long have we been a nation of immigrants? A lot longer than 1964.
January 23rd, 2018 at 4:20:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

What does this statement have to do with anything? Immigration was slammed shut by the 1920s. Even before that most immigrants came from just a few small areas in Europe. The 1964 law changed the entire balance of things.

No nation has ever survived a major change of its demographic and racial makeup. The USA will be no different. Borders must be controlled.

Ask the Indians how well open borders worked out for them.
The President is a fink.
January 23rd, 2018 at 4:33:29 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Absolutely
We are a nation that is a mixture of different cultures and races
Its what makes this country great
Its our strength
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 23rd, 2018 at 5:41:10 PM permalink
petroglyph
...I really don't care about this.....
Of course you don't. Ain't any of us, but 3 steps out of Africa. Some more obsessed with power than others.

The only reason to care about someone else, is because subconsciously it makes us feel safer. Anything other than that is a masquerade.
Page 6 of 7« First<34567>