sexual accusations

Page 3 of 4<1234>
December 23rd, 2017 at 10:55:31 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Right now lots of women are giving a bunch of "YOU GO GIRLs!" about all of this. Know what will happen first? First thing to happen, and it is happening now, is that attorneys and higher level managers are telling guys to never, ever be alone with any woman, ever, at the office or in a work-related situation.

The press laughed and mocked Mike
Pence because he refuses to be alone
with women not his wife, even in public.
Who's laughing now.

I've known a few vindictive women, they're
frightening. How many are there in all
these accusations that are ruining mens
lives.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 23rd, 2017 at 11:07:08 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
The press laughed and mocked Mike
Pence because he refuses to be alone
with women not his wife, even in public.
Who's laughing now.
I've seen Dr's and dentists that won't be the only one in a room with a female. They have a female assistant go in with them. It's cheaper to pay an assistant for just that purpose than to have his liability insurance go up because of a lawsuit, or worse yet, lose his license.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 23rd, 2017 at 6:47:26 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Evenbob
The press laughed and mocked Mike Pence because he refuses to be alone with women not his wife, even in public.

In 1948, Billy Graham and his staff came up with the “Modesto Manifesto” – rules to keep them free of scandal as they traveled around the country spreading the Gospel. One of those rules: Never be alone with a woman who is not your wife.

The other three dealt with money (be financially accountable), crowd size (be honest) and local churches (work with them, not against them). Whatever you think of the rules or their application circa 2017, they kept Graham himself largely untainted by scandal his entire career.

Evangelists who did not follow rules about money and sex fell into disgrace before Billy Graham (see Henry Ward Beecher and Aimee Semple McPherson) and since (remember PTL’s Jim Bakker and televangelist Jimmy Swaggert?).
December 23rd, 2017 at 7:54:17 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Pacomartin
In 1948, Billy Graham and his staff came up with the “Modesto Manifesto” – rules to keep them free of scandal as they traveled around the country spreading the Gospel. One of those rules: Never be alone with a woman who is not your wife.

Billy Graham is one of the few Christian evangelists I have some, but not total, respect for. He was absolutely right about those two polices as you described them.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 23rd, 2017 at 8:48:09 PM permalink
petroglyph
Japan records the lowest birth rates on record since 1899. "45% of Japanese women aged 16-24 and 25% of men were "not interested in or despise sexual contact"...a growing trend that has revealed itself via the nation's persistently declining birth rates."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-22/japan-births-plunge-lowest-level-ever-recorded-celibacy-syndrome-takes-its-toll
December 23rd, 2017 at 8:51:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
As far as I'm concerned, if anyone has been accused of sexual impropriety several times, you're about as believable as a woman who says she can't help hooking up with serial abusers over and over.

I haven't quantified precisely "several." Like if my lunch goes missing 3 times and I know the same person was in the office fridge I believe him the first time, become skeptical the second, and have severe doubts the third time and probably will implement counteractive protective measures to keep from losing it again.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 23rd, 2017 at 11:48:34 PM permalink
petroglyph
Is drop in birth rate associated with lower sperm counts? http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/sperm-count-west-men-health-drop-60-per-cent-years-modern-life-a7859491.html
December 24th, 2017 at 8:33:07 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Darn this double clicking mouse.

As to Masterson, I have no idea if Scientology teachings or Scientology finances have anything at all to do with the attacks or the defenses.

I don't know why so many Hollywood types seem to be Scientologists, perhaps its just that those are the ones who seek publicity.
December 24th, 2017 at 8:59:34 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Fleastiff
I don't know why so many Hollywood types seem to be Scientologists, perhaps its just that those are the ones who seek publicity.

They life their whole life in a fantasy world and they no longer know what real life is. Of course they need a fantasy religion that seems a little more edgy than the old passe' religions.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 24th, 2017 at 9:12:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Scientology is only somewhat more fake than the rest of them.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 3 of 4<1234>