1 vote (14.28%)
3 votes (42.85%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (42.85%)

7 members have voted

July 15th, 2018 at 6:00:14 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Pit bull attacks firefighter after fire. http://abc7news.com/firefighter-bitten-in-face-by-pit-bull-after-san-leandro-fire/3764182/

Residents legally could only have two dogs. But these owners had 18

I wonder where all 20 dogs pooh?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 1st, 2019 at 3:14:14 PM permalink
petroglyph
There have been several dog maulings lately in the news. Thought I'd put one up. It seems like a good idea to me, that if these "comfort" pitbulls have to be in this close of proximity to people and especially little kids, they could wear a muzzle and be just as comforting? https://nypost.com/2019/02/28/emotional-support-pit-bull-mauled-5-year-old-girl-suit/

added: "Each day about 1,000 U.S. citizens require emergency care treatment for serious dog bite injuries. "
https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics.phpd
March 2nd, 2019 at 4:51:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 24th, 2019 at 11:18:05 AM permalink
rxwine
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-pet-owner-dead-attacked-by-her-two-pit-bull-terriers-police/ar-BBV9h6G?ocid=spartanntp

I've been around dogs all my life, and these kind of attacks just don't make a lot of sense. I'd really like to see how these owners interacted with their dogs normally.

I know it's speculated that the dogs go crazy and attack the owner, but it actually reminds me of elephant and camel attacks. Both are known to become violent after being abused by a long term caretaker or owner. Not all animals react this way to abuse including most breeds of dogs.

I do think the attacks around property are different when something gets on territory and there are also prey responses, to smaller animals or even children.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 24th, 2019 at 12:01:59 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
I had a large breed dog (RIP) - a Neapolitan Mastiff -- 165 pounds of love with family members a super protective if a stranger came near (just a slight growl until I gave him the a-ok)
My then 2 year old nephew would walk him on the leash and he would never pull once
He was a giant teddy bear to those he loved
A pit bull snapped at me once at the dog park - my dog grabbed it by the neck (did not even break the skin), threw it on its back and stood over it - forced the pit to submit
March 24th, 2019 at 12:03:30 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: rxwine
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-pet-owner-dead-attacked-by-her-two-pit-bull-terriers-police/ar-BBV9h6G?ocid=spartanntp

I've been around dogs all my life, and these kind of attacks just don't make a lot of sense. I'd really like to see how these owners interacted with their dogs normally.

I know it's speculated that the dogs go crazy and attack the owner, but it actually reminds me of elephant and camel attacks. Both are known to become violent after being abused by a long term caretaker or owner. Not all animals react this way to abuse including most breeds of dogs.

I do think the attacks around property are different when something gets on territory and there are also prey responses, to smaller animals or even children.
Sounds like those dogs have history, “The initial investigation revealed the dogs had been quarantined at the vet clinic for observation due to a recent biting,”

I keep running into people that say they know or own a pitbull that is gentle and would never bite anybody. And many of those dogs finish their life cycle without incident. But the stats remain, pitbulls or pitbull mix's are included in a very high percentage of dog maulings.

I saw an article that said the animal shelter in Phoenix is at capacity, so they are letting people adopt dogs for only 25 dollars this weekend, which includes the recommended vaccines and sterilization, which is indeed a bargain price, if that's the pet you have been wanting. The thing is, 95% of the dogs at the shelter are already Pitbulls/cross already, These mutts head out into the population, and they will give rescue dogs a bad rap.

Az. shelters try to be euthanization free, and people continue to adopt these animals, unawares of the likelihood that these particular dogs are overpopulating the animal shelters for a reason.
March 24th, 2019 at 12:08:12 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: aceofspades
I had a large breed dog (RIP) - a Neapolitan Mastiff -- 165 pounds of love with family members a super protective if a stranger came near (just a slight growl until I gave him the a-ok)
My then 2 year old nephew would walk him on the leash and he would never pull once
He was a giant teddy bear to those he loved
A pit bull snapped at me once at the dog park - my dog grabbed it by the neck (did not even break the skin), threw it on its back and stood over it - forced the pit to submit
There are few breeds that can hold their own with Pitbulls. And your dog is evidence that people can have large breed dogs that aren't generally a threat to society.
March 24th, 2019 at 1:09:40 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: petroglyph
There are few breeds that can hold their own with Pitbulls. And your dog is evidence that people can have large breed dogs that aren't generally a threat to society.

Mastiffs rank in the top 20 in the animal kingdom (non-extinct) in bite pressure (556 PSI)

Pitbulls approximately half the bite pressure (235 PSI)
March 24th, 2019 at 2:21:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: petroglyph
Sounds like those dogs have history, “The initial investigation revealed the dogs had been quarantined at the vet clinic for observation due to a recent biting,”

I keep running into people that say they know or own a pitbull that is gentle and would never bite anybody. And many of those dogs finish their life cycle without incident. But the stats remain, pitbulls or pitbull mix's are included in a very high percentage of dog maulings.

I saw an article that said the animal shelter in Phoenix is at capacity, so they are letting people adopt dogs for only 25 dollars this weekend, which includes the recommended vaccines and sterilization, which is indeed a bargain price, if that's the pet you have been wanting. The thing is, 95% of the dogs at the shelter are already Pitbulls/cross already, These mutts head out into the population, and they will give rescue dogs a bad rap.

Az. shelters try to be euthanization free, and people continue to adopt these animals, unawares of the likelihood that these particular dogs are overpopulating the animal shelters for a reason.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. In order to be a responsible, you probably need to do a lot of things other dog owners don't have to do with their biting chihuahua size dogs. Or be prepared to take the consequences if you don't or if your dog outwits your efforts to keep it from harming someone or some other animal. You may check for holes under the fence, but a dog that size could dig one in a day after you checked.
March 24th, 2019 at 3:17:42 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Treyvon Martin looked black, if a dog bites it looks like a pit bull, if aguy is playing blackjack alone he is acard counter, any man a load talkin' spends the night in the box. Anyone who gets his facts from garbage sources, gets garbage facts.
Page 4 of 6<123456>