Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

November 14th, 2017 at 11:51:34 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
Didn't EB recently say, about 50 times, that all sexual predators appear to be liberal?

I just heard Moore was a Democrat when the allegations allegedly happened.
The President is a fink.
November 14th, 2017 at 11:55:17 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Didn't EB recently say, about 50 times, that all sexual predators appear to be liberal?

He only believes evidence against the left
Anybody on the right, Ailes, Bill O, Roy Moore ect gets a pass

I hate all sexual predators regardless of politics
EB supports sexual predators on the right
sad
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 14th, 2017 at 11:56:52 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: AZDuffman

Who cares about politics when it comes to sexual predators
Oh Yea, AZ cares
I don't give a crap about politics when it comes to sexual predators
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 14th, 2017 at 12:18:13 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I haven't studied it but my own opinion is there is no significant correlation by party but there is a strong one by wealth. Rich and powerful men do tend to have a sense of entitlement. I don't mean to blame the victims, but powerful men generally don't have trouble getting women, as Trump correctly said in the Access Hollywood video, so don't take it well when they hear women say "no."

Then again, what do I know. In my single days I certainly was not used to hearing "yes."
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
November 14th, 2017 at 12:33:23 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58

Is that relevant?

Was Congressman Dennis Hastert a Democrat when he raped the 14 year old? Was Congressman Mark Foley a Democrat* when he sexted with underage boys? Was Congressman Robert Bauman a Democrat when he raped the 16 year old? Was Congressman Dan Crane a Democrat when he raped the 17 year old? Was Congressman Buz Lukens a Democrat when he raped the 13 year old? Was Congressman Ed Schrock a Democrat when he hired the gay prostitute? No, they were all Republicans.

It's a bipartisan phenomonen. You can make a list of pedophile Democrats, and I can make a list of pedophile Republicans, and maybe the list will be even, or maybe it will be skewed one way or the other.

I actually think it makes more sense for a voter to hold his own party to a higher standard. In this respect, Democrat voters screwed up royally by slandering Juanita Broadrick. She was probably telling the truth.

(*Most media outlets correctly identified Foley as a Republican. Except Fox News, of course, which told their viewers he was a Democrat.)
November 14th, 2017 at 12:37:25 PM permalink
reno
I haven't studied it but my own opinion is there is no significant correlation by party but there is a strong one by wealth. Rich and powerful men do tend to have a sense of entitlement

When we bought a house earlier this year, the disclosures included a map of registered sex offenders, and the poor nieghborhoods had exponentially more offenders than the wealthy neighborhoods. This data doesn't dispute your point; on the contrary, it probably just means that the wealthy can afford better lawyers. And since they know they can pay for a fancy lawyer, they know it's less likely that they'll be held accountable for their behavior.
November 14th, 2017 at 12:48:06 PM permalink
reno
Quote: terapined
I don't give a crap about politics when it comes to sexual predators

Yeah, I don't want my party being represented by a pedophile. Morally and ethically, it's despicable.

And it's terrible optics. The last thing the Republicans should want is for Moore to win and then new accusations surface 6 months from now; especially if the new accuser has more evidence to back up their claims. It's an incredibly risky gamble. How does it help Republicans to drag this thing out? This 1 Senate seat isn't worth it.

To be fair, not every Republican is convinced that Moore is innocent. In fact, the majority of GOP voters believe the women.
November 14th, 2017 at 12:49:56 PM permalink
terapined
I haven't studied it but my own opinion is there is no significant correlation by party

Totally agree
The stupidity of thinking sexual harassment is only a liberal problem is laughable
You got to have a brain the size of a flea to believe that
November 14th, 2017 at 1:12:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: reno
Is that relevant?

It is when the party in question is brought up as an exception to it being mostly liberals getting accused latelty.

Quote: reno
When we bought a house earlier this year, the disclosures included a map of registered sex offenders, and the poor nieghborhoods had exponentially more offenders than the wealthy neighborhoods. This data doesn't dispute your point; on the contrary, it probably just means that the wealthy can afford better lawyers. And since they know they can pay for a fancy lawyer, they know it's less likely that they'll be held accountable for their behavior.

I don't totally buy that it is "about better lawyers." One thing is a registered offender has been dragged thru the system. The system drains your finances. You come out poor. Another is that poor people tend to make bad life choices, a reason many are poor. Kids at a young age and out of wedlock, that kind of thing. More bad behavior all around.
The President is a fink.
November 14th, 2017 at 1:16:21 PM permalink
terapined
It is when the party in question is brought up as an exception to it being mostly liberals getting accused latelty.

ROTFL
Again, AZ gives a pass to conservative sickos
Ailes, Bill O, Moore get a pass from AZ simply due to politics
sad

I could care less about politics when it comes to these sickos
To AZ, politics is everything