Page 8 of 9« First<56789>
December 15th, 2017 at 6:14:57 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: JB
The people had no say in this.

Only ones who don't vote for anyone.

Quote:
FCC Chairman. Ajit Pai is the Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission. He was designated Chairman by President Donald J. Trump in January 2017.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 15th, 2017 at 6:41:25 AM permalink
JB
Administrator
Threads: 10
Quote: rxwine
Only ones who don't vote for anyone.

I don't vote, but I don't live in a swing state, so even if I did vote it wouldn't count or matter anyway.
December 15th, 2017 at 10:15:05 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: beachbumbabs
Another slice of our government sold out to the highest bidder. What constituency? Oh, the 83% who wanted Net Neutrality? Who dat?

Nothing to see here. Just keep moving. Head in the sand. It'll all be over soon.

Its shocking
83% of the people want NN
There is not another issue so many people agree on
Talk about a White House admin against the people
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 15th, 2017 at 11:24:38 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: terapined
Its shocking

And the rest are fake accounts made by the machine pretending there's support.

Is Babs in this thread? I'm curious as to how her politicking and campaign work made her feel re: soothing the heart. I need an outlet that doesn't involve beating the s!@# out of strangers and/ or forming rag tag militias with which to storm Washington
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
December 15th, 2017 at 11:55:04 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Debunking the Left’s Myths on Net Neutrality

http://dailysignal.com/2017/11/30/debunking-lefts-myths-net-neutrality/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 15th, 2017 at 12:15:46 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Its shocking
Out of that 83%, how many wrote their senators or representatives, or at least called or emailed????????Tweeted?

We get the representation we earn. It doesn't matter which party they call themselves, all one has to do is "follow the money". As long as enough of the constituents are willing to sit on their hands and blame the other party, we will continue to get the results we are willing to swallow.

Six in ten were against bank bailouts http://news.gallup.com/poll/106114/six-oppose-wall-street-bailouts.aspx, they do what they want. More people have to learn that neither of the red/blue team cares about anything other than furthering their own bottom line.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 15th, 2017 at 12:26:14 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Its shocking

By now, the Orange Twit could sign an executive order mandating milk be fortified with cyanide, he could serve roasted baby at a WH dinner, he could rape his daughter in public, he could kill his wife in public, he could order a nuclear strike on Atlanta, and his base would not only still support him, but also blame Hillary Clinton, as long as he still kept triggering liberals at every chance.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 15th, 2017 at 1:09:37 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Face
And the rest are fake accounts made by the machine pretending there's support.

Is Babs in this thread? I'm curious as to how her politicking and campaign work made her feel re: soothing the heart. I need an outlet that doesn't involve beating the s!@# out of strangers and/ or forming rag tag militias with which to storm Washington

I am in here, face. The last time I got really involved (and I do still call+write my reps, have for decades) was 2011-2012. Florida was disenfranchising voters, taking them off the rolls illegally without even cross-checking if it was the same person, under the felon-no vote law. The names all sounded Hispanic or black and there were something in the hundreds of thousands. It was a special push from Gov DICK Scott.

They had also made it almost impossible to legally register to vote. Not for the individual, but for the people who register them. It was so bad, even the League of Women Voters wouldn't take it on. And some other crap, like shortening early voting period, voting times, stopping Sunday voting, lots of other targeted s#/^.

So I was pissed. It was BLATANT discrimination and voter suppression. I don't agree with a lot of what's important to those groups, but they have a right to be heard. Anyway, the only 2 organizations doing voter reg in the state were the NAACP and the Obama campaign.

I went down to Obama HQ and signed up, and started doing voter reg a couple times a week, careful to jump thru all the hoops the state mandated. Set up shop in Goodwill sometimes, the main library others, and a few special events lIke fairs and big parties, churches.

Sidebar: one of those was a huge black church during the Trayvon Martin marches, where the sheriff and other authorities involved came to talk to the angry blacks in the area. Them, some reporters, and I, were the only whites in a crammed full church, couple thousand angry people. I have to give them a LOT of credit for keeping their cool that night. We got about 20 new voters, but the people there were informed activists who were already registered. We did more applications for restoration of voting rights than new signups.

After about 3 months, got asked to be a campaign organizer, so stepped up, then 3 months later a crew lead, stepped up again.

Still concentrated on voter reg, but added phone banking, canvassing and admin duties. Logged a little over 1000 hrs over about 14 months. Was very effective as a registered Republican on certain things, and got pulled in to make that point several times at rallies or parties for him and Michelle. Got to meet her 1on1 for 30 seconds, didn't meet him but was there.

Being pissed got me there. It was incredibly rewarding to register people (I lost count, because I took over teams of registrars mid-summer, but collectively we could count about 2500 new voters). Some of the campaign paid workers pissed me off, one especially, so it wasn't all rainbows and roses, but very worthwhile.

Made several good friends, really learned a lot about the people in the district and different perspectives.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 15th, 2017 at 2:45:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I considered writing my Rep about whether he works for corporations or people. But then I remembered cases like citizens United. Corporations are people.

He would just answer, "Why I do work for corporations."

The logic of it is clear now.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 15th, 2017 at 3:17:04 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
I considered writing my Rep about whether he works for corporations or people. But then I remembered cases like citizens United. Corporations are people.

He would just answer, "Why I do work for corporations."

The logic of it is clear now.

I did not contact my rep
because
I live in a Democratic area, Tampa
but
Due to gerrymandering, my rep is a republican based in a rural Pasco county just north of Tampa :-(
I called their office once a while ago to see if they were common sense republican or dumb republican.
Talking to their office about Sarah Palin, they love her therefore dumb republican
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 8 of 9« First<56789>