United Drags Passenger from Plane

Page 12 of 13« First<910111213>
May 5th, 2017 at 10:37:56 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Is that ever legal?

I thought the law says that once a ticket is bought for someone, that ticket is for that person only and cannot be transferred to anyone else under any circumstances?

I am in the business and that is true.
The person's name on the ticket is the only person that can use the ticket.
Jet Blu is one of the few airlines that allow a name change exchange. No name change waiver needed. Change penalties still apply.
Southwest does not allow name change exchanges. No exceptions
On the flip side, large companies spend millions on travel so the airlines make exceptions for these clients.
Big companies buy an expensive ticket for an employee, employee quits or is fired prior to travel. Not uncommon so I am contacted to do a name change exchange. One company sends me monthly reports of employees that have been let go and have unused tickets.
United, Delta and American will allow name change exchanges if I contact them to get a waiver for a corporate client
American, its a extra 100 dollars on top of any other change penalty but I have to send the reservation to AA 1st for a name change waiver plus fare difference.
UA its sometimes an extra penalty, sometimes not depending on how much business they get from a company. No international code shares allowed on new ticket.
I have to call to get the waiver. They will allow a higher priced ticket to be name changed exchanged for lower price but client loses the difference.
Delta charges an extra 150.00 on top of any other change penalties. New ticket must be equal or higher value. I have to call them to get a waiver. International code shares allowed on new etkt.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 5th, 2017 at 11:19:50 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined
Jet Blu is one of the few airlines that allow a name change exchange. No name change waiver needed. Change penalties still apply.

Any idea how much?

Interjet has made so many changes to their fares, including tiered fares now, that I've no idea what the rule is now. But until a few weeks ago, if you wanted to change the name on a ticket, it took only a phone call or some minutes online, with only a nominal fee (abt $5 US or so). At one time it was free.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 5th, 2017 at 11:51:40 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Nareed
Any idea how much?

For Jet Blu, their standard I think is 100.00 penalty(need to see fare rules to be sure its 100.00) on a nonrefundable ticket plus any fare difference.
I don't sell a lot of Jet Blu, I mostly sell and change international tickets.

example
If somebody buys a say 21 day advance purchase ticket for say 250.00 on jet blu
A week away from the trip, that person cant go but another person wants too
Say the 7 day advance purchase ticket is now 400.00.
Name change exchange on Jet Blu would be 100.00 fare penalty plus 150.00 difference in fare for a total charge of 250.00

Name change exchanges on Jet Blu, you cant use historical fares. The fare is what the airlines are selling it for today. So if a person got a great deal buying months ahead then wants somebody else to travel instead. New person does not get that great deal. They have to pay difference between the old great deal fare and what the fare is selling today plus penalties.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 5th, 2017 at 12:39:05 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
The 18 year old son flew out the day before. If the sons flight was a rebook then they really had no reason to expect they had any right to that seat. With no name change they still were in the wrong. I am getting tired of on-line videos being used to scam for money people don't deserve to receive.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 5th, 2017 at 1:03:09 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: kenarman
The 18 year old son flew out the day before. If the sons flight was a rebook then they really had no reason to expect they had any right to that seat. With no name change they still were in the wrong. I am getting tired of on-line videos being used to scam for money people don't deserve to receive.

I totally agree the family was in the wrong
The ticket the father purchased was specifically for a certain family member
Airlines don't sell family tickets
They sell individual tickets to individual family members.
Its also a TSA issue. Each ticket issued to a certain family member by me, exact name and Date of Birth is provided to TSA by me.
Only that individual family member can fly on that particular individual ticket.
I actually sell quite a few tickets for entire families. Corporate relocation of an entire family not unusual.
May 5th, 2017 at 1:17:36 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Although it was apparent just months after the event, things like this just serve as a reminder.

Osama has won. Well played, everyone.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 5th, 2017 at 1:27:34 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I totally agree the family was in the wrong
The ticket the father purchased was specifically for a certain family member
Airlines don't sell family tickets
They sell individual tickets to individual family members.
Its also a TSA issue. Each ticket issued to a certain family member by me, exact name and Date of Birth is provided to TSA by me.
Only that individual family member can fly on that particular individual ticket.
I actually sell quite a few tickets for entire families. Corporate relocation of an entire family not unusual.
Why does it matter who sits in a seat that has been purchased by a customer? Does it matter if I buy theater tickets who sits where or who goes to the show at all? Bull crap. The guy paid for a seat, he deserves to use it how he sees fit.

Do away with the TSA entirely, have one armed sky marshal toward the back of the plane.

I find it ironic that you care so much about proper ID for a seat [product purchased] and who sits in it, but you don't think we should have proper ID to vote. Seems to be a pocket book issue.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 5th, 2017 at 1:43:10 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: petroglyph
Why does it matter who sits in a seat that has been purchased by a customer?

National security issues. Someone could purchase a ticket for someone else who shouldn't be flying.

Quote: petroglyph
Do away with the TSA entirely, have one armed sky marshal toward the back of the plane.

Hopefully his gun is able to stop liquid explosives from blowing a hole in the side of the plane.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 5th, 2017 at 1:58:00 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288
National security issues. Someone could purchase a ticket for someone else who shouldn't be flying.
If they aren't packing, it doesn't matter. How many are infected with communicable diseases? How many times you want to be searched to feel safe from Ebola, or Sarin?

Quote:
Hopefully his gun is able to stop liquid explosives from blowing a hole in the side of the plane.
There is no stopping someone who is willing to die to get you. Easily if you want to use liquid explosives for an example, with the three ounce limit. Three or more passengers on the same plane can each carry part of a three part hi explosive which singularly are legal and untraceable.

There have been many reports of the drums full of, would be weapons that make it past the checkpoints. I read recently of a new and increased frisking procedure where they [tsa] plan to make sure they feel the place on mens perineum between the groin and anus. Whoopee, feel safer?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 5th, 2017 at 2:00:35 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
For Jet Blu, their standard I think is 100.00 penalty(need to see fare rules to be sure its 100.00) on a nonrefundable ticket plus any fare difference.

Thanks.

And that's a LOT, especially for an airline considered to be low-cost.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 12 of 13« First<910111213>