No votes (0%)
2 votes (28.57%)
1 vote (14.28%)

7 members have voted

February 12th, 2017 at 6:02:42 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: stinkingliberal
If I truly have to point out what was insulting about what he said, there may be no words in the English language that are sufficient to convey the concept to you. Nonetheless, I'll give you a hint. It's the difference between saying "you were wrong about this" and saying "you're always wrong." Get it? I didn't think you would.

So...if someone else believes that you are wrong often/always/almost always wrong it is an insult, but if you write that the person that challenged you is incapable of understanding a sentence, it is just fine?

Obviously, you are not always wrong. Just as obviously, the person you are addressing is very capable of understanding a sentence.

Sometimes it seems as if you are looking to be insulted...but you are willing to be insulting.

I may be wrong about that, but I am pretty sure that I am not.
February 12th, 2017 at 12:30:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I've only been a few places. UK, Italy, France, Germany.
Didn't care for any of them. Hotel rooms are too small,
plumbing sucks, food is hit or miss, traffic sucks, beds
are lumpy, too many tourists. And body odor everywhere.
Getting home was always the best part of the trip.

I was watching a movie and a Brit was hitting on a Black
maid. She says she never sleeps with anybody from EU,
they aren't clean enough. She said she can tell immediately
if a room had a European in it, they always stink. Say what
you want about Blacks, they are the cleanest people I've
ever met.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 12th, 2017 at 1:16:04 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Wizard when are you going? I don't think I will be there the same time but I was thinking about getting back there soon. I can write you up some detailed notes about places I recommend seeing and really good restaurants. Also if you need any assistance on getting tickets for a Papal Audience just let me know.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
February 12th, 2017 at 2:44:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: FrGamble
Also if you need any assistance on getting tickets for a Papal Audience just let me know.

Something that's not even on my bucket
list. I never understand, you elect somebody,
a regular guy, and once he's in office he
can do no wrong and becomes a tourist
attraction. Whatever..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 12th, 2017 at 3:49:50 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: Evenbob
Something that's not even on my bucket
list. I never understand, you elect somebody,
a regular guy, and once he's in office he
can do no wrong and becomes a tourist
attraction. Whatever..

I don't think he was offering to get tickets for you.
February 12th, 2017 at 3:57:53 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: RonC
So...if someone else believes that you are wrong often/always/almost always wrong it is an insult, but if you write that the person that challenged you is incapable of understanding a sentence, it is just fine?

Obviously, you are not always wrong. Just as obviously, the person you are addressing is very capable of understanding a sentence.

Sometimes it seems as if you are looking to be insulted...but you are willing to be insulting.

I may be wrong about that, but I am pretty sure that I am not.

Person A insults me. Person B says he approves.

In my way of thinking, the gloves are now off. I won't throw a punch at you even if I don't like you, but take a swing at me, and I WILL swing back.

This has caused problems for me in the past when moderators consider only my response, not what provoked it in the first place.

I've stopped expecting any semblance of civility from our resident Trumpers. Buzzardknot has gotten particularly nasty toward me lately, probably trying to provoke some kind of reaction. If he doesn't start behaving himself, I'll have no choice but to ignore him; no loss, since he posts only senseless partisan Trumper ravings anyway.

You, by contrast, though a radical righty, usually have something of substance to say. I don't like you, not one bit, but you're worth conversing with. EB, Duffy, and buzzard, by contrast, don't actually WANT to converse--they just want to broadcast, and they have a very strange relationship with facts. They have that Trumper demeanor that is an adoring reflection of that of their orange idol.
February 12th, 2017 at 4:05:16 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: FrGamble
Wizard when are you going? I don't think I will be there the same time but I was thinking about getting back there soon. I can write you up some detailed notes about places I recommend seeing and really good restaurants. Also if you need any assistance on getting tickets for a Papal Audience just let me know.

Thanks Padre. It is looking like July would be the time. Papal tickets would be fantastic. We're still in the early stages of making plans to I'll get back to you in a few months with more information.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 12th, 2017 at 4:09:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: stinkingliberal
I don't think he was offering to get tickets for you.

Well, why the heck not? Now I'm offended..
February 12th, 2017 at 4:10:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Wizard
Papal tickets would be fantastic.

Yeah, you just want to pry a plate off
one of his vehicles.
February 12th, 2017 at 8:41:18 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
"I may be wrong about that, but I am pretty sure that I am not. " + ∞
Page 5 of 5« First<2345