Poll
5 votes (50%)
2 votes (20%)
3 votes (30%)

10 members have voted

December 10th, 2016 at 2:46:50 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
I happen to love the stuff, especially on street tacos. I also consider it indispensable in pho and in Thai soups as well.

Most of the folks I know like it, and I only know a couple who dislike it. I think it's at least accepted by the general public, because you see so many salsas made with it.

De gustibus non est disputandum.
December 10th, 2016 at 7:52:25 AM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: stinkingliberal
I happen to love the stuff, especially on street tacos. I also consider it indispensable in pho and in Thai soups as well.

Couldn't agree more. It's a staple in my house. I put it in eggs, salads, BLTs, soups, salsas, and on and on.
March 7th, 2018 at 9:10:14 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Fleastiff
Monozygotic twins will share the same views on cilantro but dizygotic twins may differ.

Cilantro will definitely inhibit the absorption of heavy metals from the diet though there is insufficient proof of systemic scavenging much less from brain tissue. People with heavy metal poisoning as well as cranial parasites often take cilantro despite its unproven effectiveness.

Consuming fish or burgers with cilantro is probably a good idea but of course cilantro ain't cheap.

Just as potatoes and lavender oil appeared in recipes several hundred years ago, cilantro and fish have been used together in centuries old recipes.
Instead of Cilantro the seasoning dear to the hart of many a Yuppie, let us consider the lowly Parsley which appears on the blue plates of the lowly working-man eating his meat and potatoes rather than his Boeuf and Pommes de Tierre. Parsley has value but it is related to the conditions under which it is grown and the manner in which it is processed and stored. On average, about two percent of parsley will be Vanadium. It is this vanadium that provides most of its nutritional value. So the word parsley standing by itself really conveys very little information and the word cilantro stands alike. One does not have sufficient information to embrace it as efficacious but one also lacks sufficient evidence to dismiss it as useless. So you just might as well think of it as an attractively clad young lady on the prowl in the pick up area of Barnes and Noble: there is potential. Beyond that, one can not say.
March 7th, 2018 at 10:32:21 AM permalink
JimRockford
Instead of Cilantro the seasoning dear to the hart of many a Yuppie, let us consider the lowly Parsley which appears on the blue plates of the lowly working-man eating his meat and potatoes rather than his Boeuf and Pommes de Tierre.

It's funny that you consider cilantro a yuppie seasoning. I live where Zippyboy grew up and cilantro is in every produce department of every grocery store. I consider it as ordinary celery. It's commonly found on a plate of enchiladas rice and beans. You can't get any more working class than that.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
March 7th, 2018 at 10:34:06 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
I believe you can have a gene that makes cilantro taste like soap. Walnuts too.

I can deal with cilantro, but it sometimes overpowers every other flavor for me. Same with ginger.
March 7th, 2018 at 10:37:36 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: gamerfreak
I believe you can have a gene that makes cilantro taste like soap. Walnuts too.

I can deal with cilantro, but it sometimes overpowers every other flavor for me. Same with ginger.

Yup
Got that gene
Cant stand cilantro
I am ok with walnuts
Ok with ginger
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 7th, 2018 at 11:14:59 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: JimRockford
. I live where Zippyboy grew up
I have no idea what that geography is but in the Pacific North West I would definitely think of it as part of the world of Yuppies and here in Florida where I have been marooned for quite some time just about any spice other than peppers. One drinks Corona or Bud Light here and the only spices you've ever heard of hereabouts are salt and pepper.
March 7th, 2018 at 12:38:03 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Cilantro is the best! I love it!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
March 7th, 2018 at 1:32:20 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I have no idea what that geography is but in the Pacific North West I would definitely think of it as part of the world of Yuppies...
You must be talking the I-5 corridor. I have seen people by Mt. St. Helens in the 80's, and also north of Spokane that were right out of a "deliverance" movie. Mongoloid features, the works.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 7th, 2018 at 2:23:35 PM permalink
JimRockford
I have no idea what that geography is but in the Pacific North West I would definitely think of it as part of the world of Yuppies and here in Florida where I have been marooned for quite some time just about any spice other than peppers. One drinks Corona or Bud Light here and the only spices you've ever heard of hereabouts are salt and pepper.

I live in Austin, but I believe it applies to the rest on Texas and throughout the Southwest.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
Page 2 of 3<123>