wind energy without windmills

Page 2 of 6<12345>Last »
December 1st, 2016 at 6:05:41 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: stinkingliberal
Why can't we just put a giant propeller in front of Trump? Hook it up to a generator and his wind power could light a small city.

Who was even mentioning Trump here? You seem to have a complex lately.

Also so many more posts than usual in a short time. Almost as if you were suddenly banned for life somewhere else and now more time to spend here?
The President is a fink.
December 1st, 2016 at 6:23:08 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: kenarman
All solar power via solar cells is DC batteries and inverters are the key. If the voltage it produces is not at a consistent level and can range to 6 figures this probably creates a new problem that needs to be solved for them to become viable.

Well, the physics are apparently quite different than those of solar cells. Solar cells don't produce 200,000 volts, for one thing. No DC battery or charging system in existence can handle that directly. I think the biggest practical obstacle might be turning all that voltage into useful current.
December 1st, 2016 at 6:24:45 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: AZDuffman
Who was even mentioning Trump here? You seem to have a complex lately.

Also so many more posts than usual in a short time. Almost as if you were suddenly banned for life somewhere else and now more time to spend here?

As with so very, very many things, that will have to remain a mystery to you.

By the way, how many dozen websites have you been banned from? I ask only because it seems to be a major topic of conversation for you.
December 1st, 2016 at 6:30:07 PM permalink
AZDuffman
As with so very, very many things, that will have to remain a mystery to you.

By the way, how many dozen websites have you been banned from? I ask only because it seems to be a major topic of conversation for you.

Never been banned once. Never been suspended here or anywhere. Never came back later and changed my handle to hide my identity. Never felt the need.
The President is a fink.
December 1st, 2016 at 7:20:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
It's probably a lot easier to think of it as 200,000V battery than a windmill.

Seems like it would be high voltage but
low amps, like a stun works. Whereas
a car battery is low voltage but very
high amperage.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 1st, 2016 at 8:23:17 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: AZDuffman
Never been banned once. Never been suspended here or anywhere. Never came back later and changed my handle to hide my identity. Never felt the need.

So you say. But "hiding" one's identity is only prudent on the internet. No one should ever post anything that could personally identify him or her, so if your last name is or resembles "Duffman," you're taking a needless risk.
December 2nd, 2016 at 2:11:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
So you say. But "hiding" one's identity is only prudent on the internet. No one should ever post anything that could personally identify him or her, so if your last name is or resembles "Duffman," you're taking a needless risk.

So you are saying that you have been banned posting under another handle? More than once? Recently?
The President is a fink.
December 2nd, 2016 at 7:14:19 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Can we get back to windmills?
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
December 2nd, 2016 at 7:17:31 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: reno
The ingredients are wind and charged water mist. The wind separates positive and negative charges as it moves the water droplets through a permeable panel. Once the wind carries off the positively-charged droplets, the negative charges remain, producing high-voltage, direct current electricity.

Seems too good to be true.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 2nd, 2016 at 8:18:11 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Nareed
Seems too good to be true.

I doubt that it will be a major player in fifty years.

In July of 2015 Natural gas surpassed coal as a source of electricity. In 2008 the last of President Bush's presidency, coal produced 225% more power than natural gas. For the last 12 months coal has been 86% of natural gas.

But Trump has vowed to stop the war on coal in an effort to have cheaper power. Coal and Natural gas and petroleum still produce 2/3 of the country's electricity (65%), with wind less than 5%.
Page 2 of 6<12345>Last »