2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

August 30th, 2019 at 2:15:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trumps-personal-assistant-madeleine-westerhout-steps-down/ar-AAGwAun?ocid=spartandhp

Got fired? GOOD! If you cannot keep confidentiality you cannot have a job like that.
The President is a fink.
September 2nd, 2019 at 3:46:49 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
"President Trump on Sunday claimed that background checks wouldn't have stopped any of America's mass shootings over the past half-dozen years - attributing the phenomenon to mental illness. "

We know he is right re guns in this matter. Love him or hate him, give credit where do.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-09-02/trump-background-checks-wouldnt-have-stopped-recent-mass-shootings

"Ryan Saavedra

@RealSaavedra
Robert Francis O’Rourke announces that if he's elected he is going to confiscate your guns:

Reporter: How do you address fears that the government is going to confiscate people's semi-auto firearms?

O’Rourke: “I want to be really clear, that’s exactly what we are going to do”
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 2nd, 2019 at 10:15:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
"President Trump on Sunday claimed that background checks wouldn't have stopped any of America's mass shootings over the past half-dozen years - attributing the phenomenon to mental illness. "

The latest shooter previously failed a background check, and no on did one on him for gun he used..
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 3rd, 2019 at 4:55:15 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
The latest shooter previously failed a background check, and no on did one on him for gun he used..

You are a reasonable guy. Please tell me specifically what in a background check would make it illegal to own a firearm? I've asked this before?

Marijuana conviction?
DUI conviction?
Medical diagnosis of depression?
KKK membership?
History of suicide attempt 20 years ago?
Domestic assault charge pending?

Until it is crystal clear what the disqualifiers are I am against background checks. Tell me specifically and I will likely be for them.
September 3rd, 2019 at 5:14:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
You are a reasonable guy. Please tell me specifically what in a background check would make it illegal to own a firearm? I've asked this before?

Marijuana conviction?
DUI conviction?
Medical diagnosis of depression?
KKK membership?
History of suicide attempt 20 years ago?
Domestic assault charge pending?

Until it is crystal clear what the disqualifiers are I am against background checks. Tell me specifically and I will likely be for them.

Interesting point. You do not hear the gun grabbers say what would be a DQ. I do fear that they are trying to diagnose people, especially at a young age, as having a "mental issue" say in high school and that becomes a DQ issue. It is not some "grand plan" but neither is it "just happening."
The President is a fink.
September 3rd, 2019 at 6:18:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Please tell me specifically what in a background check would make it illegal to own a firearm? I've asked this before?

If you can remember where you asked about it before, you'll find I already answered it. I did some preliminary searching, but didn't see it, or know if it was here or on the other board.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 3rd, 2019 at 10:55:06 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
If you can remember where you asked about it before, you'll find I already answered it. I did some preliminary searching, but didn't see it, or know if it was here or on the other board.

I was being lazy.... but also seeing if anyone else wanted to chime in.

It is a similar question I ask whenever someone says "we need to spend more money on ......" I always ask, what do you want to spend less money on then? Or do you want to have taxes go up?
September 10th, 2019 at 9:20:21 AM permalink
rxwine
John Bolton fired by Trump. He's gonna have to hire Hillary at the rate he's going. No one left hanging around.
September 10th, 2019 at 9:44:41 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I was being lazy.... but also seeing if anyone else wanted to chime in.

It is a similar question I ask whenever someone says "we need to spend more money on ......" I always ask, what do you want to spend less money on then? Or do you want to have taxes go up?

There is a ton we can spend less money on
All the billion dollar toys the pentagon spends money on
The world has changed. War has changed.
Take tanks, totally obsolete.
Battleships, they became obsolete in WWII. Get rid of them. None should have been built after WWII
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 10th, 2019 at 10:29:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined

Battleships, they became obsolete in WWII. Get rid of them. None should have been built after WWII

There is this great site called google. It prevents rants that make little sense.

Last battleship built--1944
Last battleship in service--1992
The President is a fink.