2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

September 26th, 2018 at 1:32:17 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: reno
If you're a teenager who loves alcohol, you go to where the alcohol is. Sometimes that's risky... you might get grounded, you might get arrested, you might even get raped. Getting raped isn't even the worst case scenario. Worst case scenario? You die in a drunk driving accident. Despite these risks, (some) teenagers still go out of of their way to go to where the alcohol is.

Teenagers often make poor life decisions.
My x, in order I suppose to rub something else in my face, bought the booze for my youngest [then 15] to have a large party at the house I surrendered but hadn't totally transferred on paper. Estimates are around 100 kids attended, and all drove home afterwards.

A friend that picked up some of the mess that was tossed onto his land, cleaned up trash, empty containers and condoms for days.

I was nearly in shock that someone would put themselves [and me] at that much legal and financial risk, just to "get even" with someone [me]. I'm glad no one was injured, and also no lawsuit afterwards.

I didn't mind if my kids had a drink at home prior to their coming of age, but no one that wasn't blood related, or no one drove or left home afterwards. Same way my father approached alcohol. He didn't want us getting our first experience with alcohol to be in public with strangers. Something I still find wise.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 26th, 2018 at 2:22:42 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58

Trump wants us to question the credibility of any woman who waits a decade or two or three to report a rape. But Trump also wants us to believe Juanita Broaddrick, who says Clinton raped her in 1978, but never filed a police report and didn't say anything about it until 1999.

September 26th, 2018 at 2:33:49 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Thank You
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 26th, 2018 at 3:01:41 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Best wtf presidential news conference ever.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 26th, 2018 at 3:20:29 PM permalink
reno
Quote: rxwine
Best wtf presidential news conference ever.

And after this kookoobirds press conference, his approval rating among registered Republicans will probably go up 2 points.

September 26th, 2018 at 4:06:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: reno
And after this kookoobirds press conference, his approval rating among registered Republicans will probably go up 2 points.

Why wouldn't it? We do not want a return to the embarrassment we had previous, apologizing for everything.
The President is a fink.
September 26th, 2018 at 5:01:46 PM permalink
reno
There's a scene in the movie Sixteen Candles where Caroline is so drunk she's passed out. Caroline's boyfriend is Jake. You'd think he'd be protective of his drunk girlfriend, but you'd be wrong.

Quote: Sixteen Candles
JAKE: I can get a piece of ass anytime I want. Shit, I got Caroline in my bedroom right now, passed out cold. I could violate her ten different ways if I wanted to.

TED: What are you waiting for?

And then Jake gives Ted permission to take Caroline's drunk body home and rape her.

Here's the kicker: the filmmakers don't portray Jake as a villain. On the contrary, Jake is the good guy in this movie, he's Molly Ringwald's love interest, and the movie has a happy ending solely because Ringwald finally gets her Prince Charming (even if Jake is an accomplice to rape.)

The film was released in 1984. It doesn't even have an R rating, this is a PG film. Those were the norms of the era. Perhaps in 2018, we're outraged by a man who would do such a thing, but in the culture of the early '80s having your way with a drunk girl wasn't nearly as taboo as it is now.

September 26th, 2018 at 6:59:43 PM permalink
reno
Quote: ams288
Michael Avenatti also just tweeted that he is representing a 3rd woman with “credible information regarding Kavanaugh and Mark Judge.”

The GOP Senators won't subpoena Mark Judge to testify, but that's totally a mistake. He's the lifeline for the GOP!

Consider the possibilities:

A) Mark Judge vouches for Kavanaugh ("The man is a saint!")
B) Mark Judge betrays Kavanaugh, throws him under the bus ("The man is a rapist!")
C) Mark Judge pleads the 5th Amendment

If the A scenario occurs, Kavanaugh gets confirmed. The libs will be pissed, but half the fun of this is owning the libs, so too bad get over it, snowflakes.

If the B or C scenario occurs, this gives the GOP Senators a justification for rejecting Kavanaugh that the GOP voters back home will understand. Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett, she sails through, Trump wins, game over.
September 29th, 2018 at 7:22:22 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
So how about that Trump threat for a government shutdown if he didn't receive wall funding?

Nope...
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
September 29th, 2018 at 7:26:15 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Oh and who knew the rebuttal to tax and spend would be... cut taxes and spend spend spend!
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan