No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

July 31st, 2018 at 8:08:56 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
It is a bit weird that you don’t need ID to vote. I would have thought that requiring proof of citizenship would have been common sense.
July 31st, 2018 at 9:16:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Aussie
It is a bit weird that you don’t need ID to vote. I would have thought that requiring proof of citizenship would have been common sense.

You need proof where I live. They know me
and I still have to show a pictured ID.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 31st, 2018 at 9:56:54 PM permalink
Aussie
Quote: Evenbob
You need proof where I live. They know me
and I still have to show a pictured ID.

But some places you don’t right? Anyone could turn up and vote. Or am I not understanding correctly?
July 31st, 2018 at 10:45:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
But some places you don’t right? Anyone could turn up and vote. Or am I not understanding correctly?

I've never voted yet where you could do that. They usually have a provisional ballot, though I've never done that either. That's where the voter casts a vote on the provision that the qualification can be proved at some point. If the provision is not met at some point the vote is invalid.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 1st, 2018 at 12:11:50 AM permalink
Aussie
Ok I must be misunderstanding the situation then. How do you have the situation where illegals can potentially vote? Or dead people and the like? Does it actually happen or is it a beat up?
August 1st, 2018 at 12:47:53 AM permalink
rxwine
Ok I must be misunderstanding the situation then. How do you have the situation where illegals can potentially vote? Or dead people and the like? Does it actually happen or is it a beat up?

IMO, the chances that illegals want to cast a vote and take a risk of getting caught being here illegally for doing it are about nil. They already have regular necessary risks of getting caught just doing things for everyday life.

However committing fraud in voting is just the same as other activity that requires assuming someone else's identity. If you can assume someone's identity successfully you can do it I suppose.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 1st, 2018 at 12:54:12 AM permalink
rxwine
You can definitely find cases of voter fraud. The hard part is finding enough cases that actually changed an election outcome.
August 1st, 2018 at 1:27:32 AM permalink
rxwine
I might also mention if people want to work the polls it's usually always looking for volunteers. Candidates can have authorized poll watchers to observe for themselves if any funny business is going on
August 1st, 2018 at 2:32:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

What you have to understand is that liberals in the USA think that minorities are not intelligent enough to figure out how to get a form of ID. This is their rationale for being against requiring it.

Trump is correct, you cannot survive in the USA in modern times without an ID. You need one to get a regular job or to open a bank account. That is the two most basic things. The full list is long. A person would have to be a homeless hermit living by begging on the street not to have an ID. But we still hear from liberals how many minorities just do not have one and are not intelligent enough to get one. They never mention anyone but minorities not having ID for some reason.

Vote fraud is very possible without ID and with the other favorite thing of the left, same day registration. There have been cases of a busload of minorities showing up to a poll a few minutes before closing, demanding to vote. Sometimes having just a utility bill as "proof of ID." Yes, they can somehow manage to get a busload of people to the polls, but they cannot teach them to get an ID or register on time. Sometimes these cases go to an "emergency" hearing to let the people vote or not. In most polls the standard always was if you got in line before closing time you could vote, but they figuratively "closed the door" at closing time so people could not just keep showing up. The leaders of the busloads would often tell the poor pollworkers they might be sued personally if they "don't let these people vote."

Clean elections really require a registration cutoff of a few weeks before the election and showing ID when you actually get there. Neither is hard for a grown-up to meet. The only real reason to be against them is to promote election fraud. A few people have been caught, one voting for Obama like 5 or 6 times. But we keep hearing the cry of "disenfranchisement" because people refuse to act like adults and register then show their ID. The USA can be a weird place, I can imagine no other country where this would play.

EDIT: Names of non-US citizens increasingly found on voter rolls.
The President is a fink.
August 1st, 2018 at 5:40:18 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
What you have to understand is that liberals in the USA think that minorities are not intelligent enough to figure out how to get a form of ID.

I do believe conservatives aren't clever enough to prove much of anything especially when it is not true.

Quote:
Trump is correct, you cannot survive in the USA in modern times without an ID. You need one to get a regular job or to open a bank account.

And yet the last time I actually walked in the door of my bank was over 20 years ago. They haven't seen my Id, just my login. I could travel around the city I live in for years just riding the bus with no Id. Grocery stores still take cash. A retirement or disability pension comes automatically each month. Elders and young folks and disabled people sometimes live as dependents for years with family. Family takes care of the few id needs.

Quote:
That is the two most basic things. The full list is long. A person would have to be a homeless hermit living by begging on the street not to have an ID. But we still hear from liberals how many minorities just do not have one and are not intelligent enough to get one.

Actually just look at actual court cases if you want to know the real reasons.

Quote:
They never mention anyone but minorities not having ID for some reason.

Elders and young people.

Quote:
Vote fraud is very possible without ID and with the other favorite thing of the left, same day registration.

Convenience is a favorite of many groups of people. Early voting is supposedly only favored for voter fraud. Not true.